Metal Storm logo
Skid Row

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 14.02.2007 - 06:41
What? No Skid Row forum?! I see forums to do with skid row tour dates and stuff....but no forum simply to discuss Skid Row. I love this band, cant say im too into post-Sebastian Bach era, but the first few albums were great. I had the luck of getting to see Sebastian Bach open for Guns N Roses and he was absolutely amazing.

No need to introduce this band, whatre your thoughts?
13.12.2007 - 23:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by EddieGunner on 13.12.2007 at 18:59

well we mentioned Bach alot on this thread, how about hes new album, anyone have it or hear it ?

Ive heard alot off it, its great. Its heavy as all hell, straight up metal. Axl Rose appears on a few tracks which is great.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.12.2007 - 00:47
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Doc G. on 13.12.2007 at 23:50

well we mentioned Bach alot on this thread, how about hes new album, anyone have it or hear it ?

Ive heard alot off it, its great. Its heavy as all hell, straight up metal. Axl Rose appears on a few tracks which is great.

cool, then i should get it, i trust you Rock dunno why lol
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
14.12.2007 - 01:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by EddieGunner on 14.12.2007 at 00:47

cool, then i should get it, i trust you Rock dunno why lol

Thats why they call me Dr.Rock, sure metal my knowledge isnt too great, but when it comes to rock n roll i consider myself a bit of an expert.
----
- George Carlin
14.12.2007 - 11:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

It is a very good album, but the tracks with Axl on vocals are the worst ones IMO, those clearly show what an inferior vocalist Axl is compared to Bach.
And my sweet damned hell, what a line-up of musicians Bach has for this album, Steve di Giorgio, Jarzombek, Metal Mike himself and some other guitarist.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.12.2007 - 18:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 14.12.2007 at 11:12

It is a very good album, but the tracks with Axl on vocals are the worst ones IMO, those clearly show what an inferior vocalist Axl is compared to Bach.
And my sweet damned hell, what a line-up of musicians Bach has for this album, Steve di Giorgio, Jarzombek, Metal Mike himself and some other guitarist.

Ill have to agree with you on the Bach showing up Axl, though it is nice to hear Axl on record after such a long time. But the showing up factor was even worse live, when Bach & Axl sang songs together Bach would destroy Axl......and I caught Jarzombeks drumstick.
----
- George Carlin
15.12.2007 - 04:37
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
axl, was a good singer not anymore, on other side Bach was and still is good singer
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
16.12.2007 - 08:20
Hyvaarin

Written by Doc G. on 14.12.2007 at 18:50

Ill have to agree with you on the Bach showing up Axl, though it is nice to hear Axl on record after such a long time. But the showing up factor was even worse live, when Bach & Axl sang songs together Bach would destroy Axl......and I caught Jarzombeks drumstick.

Haha yeah. Baz's coming on stage completely RESURRECTED GNR's dying set when I saw them.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
16.12.2007 - 10:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by EddieGunner on 15.12.2007 at 04:37

axl, was a good singer not anymore, on other side Bach was and still is good singer

I agree Axl are wuss(Beavis and Butthead sad it) but Sebe are still good,e evn I havnt hera his solo, and new Skid Row whit new singer sounds like Velvet Rovolver but Sebe still are good
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.12.2007 - 08:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Hyvaarin on 16.12.2007 at 08:20

Written by Doc G. on 14.12.2007 at 18:50

Haha yeah. Baz's coming on stage completely RESURRECTED GNR's dying set when I saw them.

Got that new Sebastian Bach album (angel down). I could write a small novel on how good it is, but I'll sum it up three words: BUY IT NOW!
----
- George Carlin
22.12.2007 - 16:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
damn that cover of Priest's "Delivering the Goods" with Halford is the shit!!
22.12.2007 - 18:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 22.12.2007 at 16:01

damn that cover of Priest's "Delivering the Goods" with Halford is the shit!!

in what album are song?
----

apos;'
[image]
22.12.2007 - 18:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i don't know, check M-A, i know it's on youtube
06.03.2008 - 01:54
iloveskidrow
Account deleted
I'm a big Skid Row fan! But i don't like the new Skid Row. I love the old Skid Row with all the original members (Baz, Snake, Rachel, Rob and Scotti)! Sebastian Bach it's my god and his new cd is awesome

SKID ROW RULES!!
06.03.2008 - 01:59
iloveskidrow
Account deleted
God! I'm affected now. Hahaha

Youth Gone Wild yeeaah!

Iloveskidrow;D
06.03.2008 - 09:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.03.2008 at 01:54

I'm a big Skid Row fan! But i don't like the new Skid Row. I love the old Skid Row with all the original members (Baz, Snake, Rachel, Rob and Scotti)! Sebastian Bach it's my god and his new cd is awesome

SKID ROW RULES!!

we all like old Skid Row, whan in CD store i hear new one I almoust die it was pure crap and only firts 2 albums are Skid Row after there nothing
----

apos;'
[image]
06.03.2008 - 17:27
iloveskidrow
Account deleted
I agree and disagree, because i also like the albums B-Side Ourselves and Subhuman Race
But yes, the new Skid Row, it's just not good
06.03.2008 - 21:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Guest on 06.03.2008 at 17:27

I agree and disagree, because i also like the albums B-Side Ourselves and Subhuman Race

Sebastian Bach=Skid Row. Mr.Solinger only has fantasies about putting out a great album like 'Angel Down'. And you can see my face for about 1/3 of a second in the new Bach video, Im surprised it wasn't longer considering he got me and my buddy on the megatron screen and took a good 45 seconds halfway through '18 and Life' to stop and tease my friend, it was awesome.
----
- George Carlin
11.03.2008 - 00:22
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
wait a sec when did skid row make their last album?? is it like really new? or mmm old stuff
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
11.03.2008 - 05:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Icarus on 11.03.2008 at 00:22

wait a sec when did skid row make their last album?? is it like really new? or mmm old stuff

Its actually really new, and really terrible. 2006 I believe. I cant decide whats worse, Thickskin or this new piece of trash.
----
- George Carlin
11.03.2008 - 05:08
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
woooa with all this thread rambling bout how bad it is makes me not wanting to even download it... thats too bad i really like skid row i guess not all bands can make succesful come backs :S
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
11.03.2008 - 05:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Icarus on 11.03.2008 at 05:08

woooa with all this thread rambling bout how bad it is makes me not wanting to even download it... thats too bad i really like skid row i guess not all bands can make succesful come backs :S

Actually, you should download it, then sell pirated copies of it, that band hasn't lost nearly enough money on that pile of crap.
----
- George Carlin
17.03.2008 - 16:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.03.2008 at 17:27

Subhuman Race isnt so good, because its more changed sound how it was in firts 2, and also Sebbastian are all Skid Row, whit out him, it is not Skid Row, also Snake, but vocals are more important how guitars
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2008 - 07:08
Nighthowls
Paratrooper
Written by Nighthowls on 23.04.2008 at 07:07

Fucking, Skid Row Man, One of My Favorites. Personally Sebastian is my favorite Singer , and when he did Children Of The Damned!!!!!!!!!!! Fuck!!!!!!!!! that shit blew my fucking mind Seriously though, I liked it better than with Bruce. That guy has some insane Pipes, seriously. I also Love their Little Wing cover. Once again, as you can guess I like that their better than the original. But I'll get off Bach's nuts now and talk about the rest of the Band. Thy're all very good musician's. You can really see the passion and devotion when they play. Specially when Snake and Scotti do their solo's its like fuck man, that's music. Even though they're not the best guitarist they are my favorite. See, I think music should come from the soul, and with them its very clear it does. People trip out cause they don't use all these different scales and shit, but I don't think you need to know that shit if you have the feeling. You either got it or you don't, and they do in my opinion. They know what music's about. Rachel man, that Fucker is straight cool If I could chill with any of them or any musician I'd choose that guy. He's the shit he reminds me of me with all the stupid shit he does and says, and then all the fucking energy they have too its fucking great. Specially on Stage they go fucking insane, and I'm loving every fucking second of it. I trip out cause we've even said some of the same phrases. Snake, The Snake again a great fucking guitarist fucker's too and he's very aware and intelligent too. you guys should check out some of his interviews if you already haven't, but he's really fucking crazy too. Scotti and Robb well what can I say they're great musicians, but I like focusing on the insane fucker's and the people having fun and doing stupid shit. Childish I know, but thats how I am and I wont change for anyone, and I DONT GIVE A FUCK. LMAO alright now that I've kissed all their asses I can continue with my life SKID ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU FUCKERS sucks I'll never get to see them though
14.05.2008 - 05:38
Number Juan

Skid Row is a very good metal band and it is weird that they get classed as hair metal only (their first album certainly was) but unlike the other 80's bands who softened up their sound in the 90's, they only got harsher and more agressive. Subhuman race is a great album and I don't even need to regurgitate what has been said about Slave to the Grind.

Can anybody tell me how is the new guy different from Sebastian? I have not heard anything after Subhuman Race. Is he of a lower register, kinda like Blaze replacing Dickinson or is he just like Sebastian but not nearly as good??
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
15.05.2008 - 01:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Number Juan on 14.05.2008 at 05:38

Can anybody tell me how is the new guy different from Sebastian? I have not heard anything after Subhuman Race. Is he of a lower register, kinda like Blaze replacing Dickinson or is he just like Sebastian but not nearly as good??

It sound smore like punkish band like Velvet Revolver
----

apos;'
[image]
15.05.2008 - 04:19
Number Juan

Written by Bad English on 15.05.2008 at 01:13

Written by Number Juan on 14.05.2008 at 05:38

It sound smore like punkish band like Velvet Revolver

I like VR's first album and all but I don't expect a singer like Scott Weiland when I listen to SR. Sounds really bad.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
15.05.2008 - 15:56
Judas
The Amputator
Seeing Seb Bach here next Saturday night, YEAH!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
01.06.2008 - 04:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Judas on 15.05.2008 at 15:56

Is he back on tour without the Axl Rose band?
----
- George Carlin
09.06.2008 - 09:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 01.06.2008 at 04:21

Written by Judas on 15.05.2008 at 15:56

Is he back on tour without the Axl Rose band?

Sebe are singer, Axl rose are singer Dave 'Snake' Sabo can be tour whit Axl how guitarist not Bah
----

apos;'
[image]
23.06.2008 - 04:20
2bearocknnot2rol

I hae SKid Row's 1st 2 albums. Love em both. Bach is great. he covered Maiden's Children Of the Damned