Metal Storm logo
Anathema - Danny Cavanagh Releasing Solo Album, Crowdfunding Campaign

Anathema's guitarist/vocalist/keyboardist Daniel "Danny" Cavanagh has just launched a Pledge crowdfunding campaign for his solo record Memory And Meaning which contains intimately recorded cover songs from artists that have inspired him throughout his life. There are many highly exclusive items to Pledge for including a personalised and dedicated Anathema song of your choice, recorded by Danny himself. You can check it out here if you are interested.

Here is what Cavanagh had to say about this project: "For those of you who don't know me, I am lucky enough to be part of a musical family called Anathema. For many years together with my band mates I have composed and performed many heartfelt songs, always with absolute sincerity. Like all musicians, I am part of a long chain of discovery, as influences are infused into our work and that in turn is passed on to the listener, and so on, and so on...

"Finally the time has come to pay tribute to a few of my key influences growing up. I also crave a more direct, personal and sincere communication with the listener. I believe PledgeMusic can be used in such a way. That is why I am offering personal, unique and irreplaceable performances of my Anathema songs, personally dedicated to anyone you wish. If you have connected 'Untouchable' to a loved one, 'One Last Goodbye' to a friend, 'Are You There?' to your own life... Whoever you would like to dedicate a 'once in a lifetime' recording of an Anathema song... You can do that here, and only here!

"Here is the only platform that the album Memory And Meaning album is available from. This album is performed entirely live in the studio with no overdubs of any kind whatsoever. What you hear is what was performed. Simultaneous guitar, vocals and loops... Every breath and nuance is captured at the source. Also I want to tell you that I will be donating a portion of the money from this record to charities that support people suffering with mental health difficulties. These donations will be my contribution back into the world and shall continue in my future work. I hope you appreciate the record, and I hope you'll join me on this new adventure on PledgeMusic. I promise to do my best for you. Yours sincerely, Daniel Cavanagh."

[Thanks to Ivor for the tip!]

In Anathema news, the band has recently announced that they will perform their "Resonance" set in Paris at Le Trianon on the 13th of April 2015. There are now four dates on the Resonance tour. Don't miss it!

'Resonance' dates 2015:

12 April - Roadburn Festival, Tilburg, NED
13 April - Le Trianon, Paris, FRA
16 April - O2 Shepherds Bush Empire, London, UK
17 April - The Academy, Dublin, IRL

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Anathema
Posted: 19.12.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 92 users
19.12.2014 - 13:05
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
Great, please if there is anyone who can help to this project step right up!
19.12.2014 - 13:24
João Pirucas
Mr. Piruson
Ordered de CD!

Hits total: 5172 | This month: 8