Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God - Fan Suing Live Nation For Injuries At Show

TMZ is reporting that a man called William Tarantino has filed a lawsuit against concert promoter Live Nation regarding injuries he allegedly suffered during a 2012 Lamb Of God show. The gig happened at the Oakdale Theatre in Wallingford, Connecticut on November 23rd, 2012. Tarantino alleges his spine was fractured after being trampled by the crowd in the standing-only section of the venue during the performance. Tarantino seeks more than $75,000 from the promoter for failing to provide adequate security at the event and claims he has suffered permanent injuries as a result of the show.

TMZ reports: "Bill says all was fine until the crowd went crazy, trampling him and causing traumatic fractures of the cervical spine which required surgical fusion. He says the surgery didn't fully heal him... he has permanent spinal injuries."

So far, no reports have suggested that Tarantino will sue the band, Lamb Of God.

Tarantino claims the following injuries were sustained: "multiple traumatic fractures of the cervical spine requiring surgical fusion; bruises and contusions about the head, neck, body and limbs; permanent impairment of the cervical spine; permanent disfiguring scarring of the neck; bi-lateral shoulder pain; upper back pain; and a severe shock to his nervous system, including a temporary inability to stand or walk after the event."

Live Nation is accused of "[failing] to provide adequate security for its event patrons and/or business invites; despite the fact that [Live Nation] knew or should have known that the patrons attending the Lamb Of God concert event were prone to altercations and/or creating conditions that posed a danger to the safely of other patrons; [and] despite the fact that prior violent and/or injurious incidents had occurred at similar concerts and/or under similar circumstances."

Source: tmz.com
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 05.01.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 24   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 171 users
05.01.2015 - 22:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Obviously everyone going to concerts and festivals should just sit quietly in fold-out chairs provided by the venue organizers.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.01.2015 - 22:38
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Was the guy thinking it was a Steven Wilson live show ? Somehow I think they guy is exaggerating the injuries.
----
The Fangirl.
05.01.2015 - 23:17
Ocean Sage
Written by angel. on 05.01.2015 at 22:38

Was the guy thinking it was a Steven Wilson live show ? Somehow I think they guy is exaggerating the injuries.

I have a feeling he isn't exaggerating his injury, but his role in all this. He says the crowd suddenly went crazy. He makes it sound like he was just standing there went a Wall of Death happened or something. People need to be aware of mosh pits and things, so they don't get stepped on.
05.01.2015 - 23:20
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Ocean Sage on 05.01.2015 at 23:17

I have a feeling he isn't exaggerating his injury, but his role in all this. He says the crowd suddenly went crazy. He makes it sound like he was just standing there went a Wall of Death happened or something. People need to be aware of mosh pits and things, so they don't get stepped on.

Especially when it takes a good full minute to prepare a wall of death, first there's the hault before the breakdown, then Randy has to separate the whole mass in two and insult a few fuckers if they don't move fast enough, theeeeen it happens.
05.01.2015 - 23:24
Ocean Sage
Written by Ilham on 05.01.2015 at 23:20

Written by Ocean Sage on 05.01.2015 at 23:17

Especially when it takes a good full minute to prepare a wall of death, first there's the hault before the breakdown, then Randy has to separate the whole mass in two and insult a few fuckers if they don't move fast enough, theeeeen it happens.

Yeah, lol. I think this guy might need to rethink his story. If he goes to court they will likely have his side cross-examined. SO if he says I stood there as people ran to trample me instead of moving, he won't do too well.
05.01.2015 - 23:30
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Ocean Sage on 05.01.2015 at 23:24

Yeah, lol. I think this guy might need to rethink his story. If he goes to court they will likely have his side cross-examined. SO if he says I stood there as people ran to trample me instead of moving, he won't do too well.

Yup. There's of course the moshing, no one is never too far to get a kick or an elbow from time to time, especially if you like being in the front. But for example, I have a bone density problem, and just someone stepping on my foot could break it. I don't play tough and get my ass over to the back if things heat up. Whatever it is, most of the time, you can see it coming.
05.01.2015 - 23:34
Ocean Sage
Written by Ilham on 05.01.2015 at 23:30

Written by Ocean Sage on 05.01.2015 at 23:24

Yup. There's of course the moshing, no one is never too far to get a kick or an elbow from time to time, especially if you like being in the front. But for example, I have a bone density problem, and just someone stepping on my foot could break it. I don't play tough and get my ass over to the back if things heat up. Whatever it is, most of the time, you can see it coming.

Sorry to hear that, I hope you take care. I just try to be up front and center with the mosh pit behind me, but if that isn't possible I'll be in the middle on the sides. Anywhere but The Pit for me. I am there to hear and see the band, not to get hurt or pushed around.
05.01.2015 - 23:43
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Ocean Sage on 05.01.2015 at 23:34

Sorry to hear that, I hope you take care. I just try to be up front and center with the mosh pit behind me, but if that isn't possible I'll be in the middle on the sides. Anywhere but The Pit for me. I am there to hear and see the band, not to get hurt or pushed around.

It's okay, learning how to exercise and prevent accidents comes naturally after a while. I haven't had any accident in a while, and actually never have during gigs or even huge festivals. I usually opt for the same placements, depending on the venue of course. All in all, accidents happen when a lot of people are gathered, and suing the venue sounds kinda stupid.
05.01.2015 - 23:49
cossaisVendeurs
He must have gone to a metal concert by accident.
06.01.2015 - 00:14
Butters49
Pussy!!!
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
06.01.2015 - 00:22
Machiavelli
Account deleted
In America you sue. Everyone has liability insurance and considering how fucked this guy is (for the rest of his life) it is no big deal for me to see a goddamn corporate insurance company dole out some $$$. I actually doubt he will win the case as noted in the arguments above.
06.01.2015 - 00:58
Electes
You walk into the pit, you're liable for next to everything that happens to you. Cash grabbing scum.
06.01.2015 - 01:17
Ocean Sage
Written by Ilham on 05.01.2015 at 23:43

Written by Ocean Sage on 05.01.2015 at 23:34

It's okay, learning how to exercise and prevent accidents comes naturally after a while. I haven't had any accident in a while, and actually never have during gigs or even huge festivals. I usually opt for the same placements, depending on the venue of course. All in all, accidents happen when a lot of people are gathered, and suing the venue sounds kinda stupid.

Good to know. Stay cool Ilham!

I agree it really isn't the promoter or the band's fault.
06.01.2015 - 01:28
Rapid Fire
Sorry for the guy but the suing is absurd. When you go to a metal show you know there are mosh, circle pit and all that kind of stuff. If youn don't want to be part of this, just stand in a quiet place (I bet not every single person there was pushing...). The reason for this only could be either cash grab or an angry reaction searching to blame somebody for the injuries suffered.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
06.01.2015 - 02:30
Opethian
Pussy
06.01.2015 - 03:02
garmling
Account deleted
Shit happens....
06.01.2015 - 04:34
Rupert
I feel like "traumatic fractures" is an oxymoron.
06.01.2015 - 05:50
Sznc
The worst thing that might come out of this is more restriction and heavier security in heavy metal shows by big promoters.
06.01.2015 - 06:57
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
One scratch on my body in next gig, I'm gonna sue the fucking soul out of the band. That in turn will give me good amount of claim and my NAME across webzines, metal sites, CNN and of course BBC.

...........seriously? As Troy said, all we got have to do now sit in chair and clap on their breakdowns?! Ffs, that was Lamb Of God. Where was this fucker standing on? I say, you found this broken ass neck guy again; break his neck again. This is hike of stupidity. This guy sure as hell for dough.

Someone mentioned "Steven Wilson" concert - c'mon, you bound to get some injuries in that too(how about you crossing barricades and get scratched by steel/wood right in your waist?!). It's pretty inevitable if you go in gig, you'll receive some amount of injuries(further going in moshpits - welcome to FUN!!). Otherwise, stop going in concert.
06.01.2015 - 10:17
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
I got a "perminant spinal injury" from work years ago. Guess I should've sued instead of continuing to work. Notice how most of his claimed injuries are rather vague. Back and neck pain and "severe shock to his nervous system, including a temporary inability to stand or walk after the event". Yes, being trampled would kind of hurt and stuff.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
06.01.2015 - 11:00
Morgul
I agree with this.
If you're standing in the "Standing only" zone, that means everyone in that area should be sitting the fuck still. When I go to shows, I go to watch the band play, and occasionally mosh, but mostly I like to watch the band and the moshers.. I do NOT like to be bombarded by moshers when I'm standing way out of the way on purpose, to watch the band.
If he got hurt because nobody was enforcing the areas policy, then the event-holder is, in fact, responsible.
06.01.2015 - 11:07
Morgul
Think of this. You're not a very rich guy. You want to go see your favorite band play a show, but you're aware of your health AND the fact that MEDICAL BILLS ARE FUCKING EXPENSIVE HELLO, so, you go to the show, but stand in the "STANDING ONLY" section, as to watch the band in peace and enjoy. BUT THEN, the standing only section turns into a tidal wave (It's happened before, been to many concerts myself), and you get pretty fucked up and in the hospital, forced to pay out an ass load of cash for medical bills that some inconsiderate pricks forced upon you by thinking it's cute to not follow the rules..
06.01.2015 - 12:20
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
The main reason for these kinda issues is some stupid metal attitudes!
07.01.2015 - 00:26
Ankläger
His own damn fault for lying down in the standing-only section.

Hits total: 2245 | This month: 8