Metal Storm logo
Crusades Themed Metal of higher quality?

11.01.2015 - 00:15
Doomling
Is there any bands with Crusade related lyrics that are half way decent? Preferably concept albums.
11.01.2015 - 00:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Doomling on 11.01.2015 at 00:15
Is there any bands with Crusade related lyrics that are half way decent? Preferably concept albums.

According to Metal-Archives:

Arvandil
Crystallion
Horns of Hattin
Jötnar
Lemuria
Pagan Assault
Templaria
Twins Crew
Voorvader
Vulture of Corpse
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.01.2015 - 00:38
Doomling
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.01.2015 at 00:33

Written by Doomling on 11.01.2015 at 00:15

According to Metal-Archives:

Arvandil
Crystallion
Horns of Hattin
Jötnar
Lemuria
Pagan Assault
Templaria
Twins Crew
Voorvader
Vulture of Corpse

Crystallion is the only one I liked out of all of them. I always check MA first before I come here asking. :/
11.01.2015 - 00:45
Zap
I haven't checked out every album by them, but The Meads Of Asphodel seem like a band that could have an album based around that.
11.01.2015 - 01:19
Ganondox
Not metal, but there is this song:
11.01.2015 - 10:26
Charly546
Cauldron Born - Crusader which is the first song from their first album "Born of the Cauldron". Also fits the "... of higher quality" requirement and if you squint a little and deliberately misinterpret the other songs lyrics, then the whole album can be of crusades (it's actually swords and battles and stuff like that, so quite close anyway). The second album has more of the same.

I suggest also searching for lyrical themes such as swords, battle and so on.