Morbid Tales
Into the Pandemonium
Cold Lake
Vanity/Nemesis

Total votes: 116
16.02.2007 - 18:45
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't really have to explain the question, do I?

My answer then? Well, I'll give you a whole list:
1. To Mega Therion
A killer album, amazing Avantgarde Thrash metal! Tom's warrior voice is probably heavier than ever, same thing with the riffs and the drums. Amazing intro song to the album, an experimental instrumental song (no Danse Macabre though) and some orchestral arrangements and even female vocals. Everything fits perfectly and the whole album runs smooth. The awesome album cover painted by HR Giger deserves a topic of its own.

2. Monotheist
Yes, their latest album! I'd consider it to be Alternative Gothic Doom metal, it's a very hard album to categorize. Sometimes it's so slow, still very heavy, and doomy and other times it's fast and catchy, real headbangabillity! Simple but destructive riffs and of course the warrior voice which I love so much! A worthy follow-up too Into the Pandemonium, although it's a new sound. A dirty sound. But this is an album worthy standing next to their three first albums in my collection!

3. Morbid Tales
Hard Avantgarde Thrash metal? Maybe? This album is a must for all Extreme metal fans. Ghostly intro to an album full of tough, solid and original songs! A good mix between thrashy and doomy tunes, every song feels right. Do I need to say more?

4. Into the Pandemonium
THE Avantgarde metal album, with thrash influences of course. An insanely catchy cover of Mexican Radio, beautiful instrumental parts and songs and female vocals. All the experimental stuff they used at To Mega Therion they now took to the edge, and did it real good! Mostly an amazing album, during its best moments it reaches perfection but it also contains one of the worst songs I've ever heard, named One in Ther Pride. I won't comment it more than that. And again, a great and beautiful album cover!

5. Vanity/Nemesis
Either you find it to be underestimated or to be insanely boring. Well, if I had to choose one of those sides I'd certainly take the second one. The warrior voice is gone, trying to be more melodic and reach more fans. I hate it, it almost hurts. Boring metal, neither fast nor slow. It has some good songs, and that makes me consider the album to not be bad but certainly not good. It's just boring, doesn't say anything really.

6. Cold Lake
Duuh! What did you think? Top three? Of course I consider this to be their worst album. I've only heard it once, and it was sad. Sad to hear these Extreme metal gods play Glam rock! And it's not good Glam rock, no it's way below standard! I don't care what people say to their defence, all I know is that Fischer tried to save them by release the album under another name. Due to economical reasons that was not an option. Fischer murdered Celtic Frost with this album and then raped the corpse when releasing Vanity/Nemesis. Although the ressurection of the band was phenomenal, Cold Lake and Vanity/Nemesis will always be there as big scars on their body.
----
16.02.2007 - 20:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its hard qusten because I like first 2 and Moontheist albums, other ist wierd, so I dunno but mously I listen this album ''Into the Pandemonium'' so probobly i wote for it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.02.2007 - 23:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I abstained as I only have the "Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return" disc and "Monotheist." I really enjoy both and have been actively searching for "To Mega Therion" for around a year now. I'm about to break down and just mail order it (along with Sodom's "Agent Orange")...

I prefer "MT/ER" over "Monotheist" - it's more solid top to bottom, in my mind, but i do really like the more avante garde/experimental tracks that end "Monotheist" - Totengott and Synagoga Satanae are incredibly creepy, and Winter: Requiem/Chapter Three: Finale is a great closer.

Also, special thanks to the MSer who about a year ago sent me an MP3 of "Mexican Radio" - I LOVED that Wall of Voodoo song growing up, and I love the CF cover.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.02.2007 - 02:05
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I only have To Mega Therion and Monotheist, so I also will not vote, even though I can't imagine an album better than To Mega Therion. That cd is catchy as fuck and I always have Circle of the Tyrants playing in my head. I'll probably buy Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return and Into the Pandemonium next week. I've been meaning to pick those up for a while now.
17.02.2007 - 02:39
Basso
Account deleted
I have not heard Vanity/Nemesis. But from what I have heard I dont doubt a second that Morbid tales is the best.
17.02.2007 - 09:02
LethargyMan
It's gotta be Morbid Tales. As much as I love the immense variety of Into the Pandemonium and the strength and power of To Mega Therion, simplicity and straightforward bleak heaviness wins out on this one.

Also, honourable mention in this poll goes to Sub by Apollyon Sun, where Tom and Erol tried something... a li'l different.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
17.02.2007 - 13:11
alexo dynami
I would say Into the pandemonium. It has nice variety in its songs.
I am going to see them live next month for the first time, though I would have liked to have seen them when they had their album tours in the 80s
17.02.2007 - 13:35
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by alexo dynami on 17.02.2007 at 13:11

I would say Into the pandemonium. It has nice variety in its songs.
I am going to see them live next month for the first time, though I would have liked to have seen them when they had their album tours in the 80s

I'll also see them for the first time ever. But I'm looking forward to hear some new songs live actually, it'll be very interesting!
----
19.02.2007 - 08:59
Eternal Flames
For me it would have to be Morbid Tales. Everything on that album is just amazing. I won't even bother to decipher each part. It has such a mysterious feel to it and has a nice doom sound too. Yet, it still has aggression and fast, brutal riffs. As this was their first album after the 'break-up' of Hellhammer, I really think they set off with a bang. Morbid Tales is just a masterpiece. If you haven't got this album, GET IT. Simple as that. It's just amazing.
19.02.2007 - 15:10
APOHAKC
The Bard
I voted for Morbid Tales cause it is my first Celtic Frost album and I still like this album like firt time I heard it. Threre are many cult songs on this album and some of them are known to some people who don't even listen to Celtic Frost. I like To Mega Therion and Into The Pandemonium too, but Morbid Tales are still Celtic Frost number one for me.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
19.02.2007 - 16:21
Dasyatidae
Account deleted
Monotheist!
I like the slow, dark, heavy riffs, and the lyrics are quite good, too.
Besides, I'm not really into thrash metal (like their older stuff). Their combination of heavy, slow, doomy riffs and the occasional blastbeats is wonderful, and the vocals go along with the music very well.
20.02.2007 - 19:09
Angelstorm
Account deleted
To Mega Therion for me. I really love this band and it was a tough choice but I really love the guitars on this album more than all the others. The heaviness and that edge that they bring is unique in this album. I also think its one of their more influential albums.
25.02.2007 - 08:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
So I just bought the 2 other classic Celtic Frost albums I didn't have, but I still think that To Mega Therion is their best. It was actually pretty hard trying to decide between Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion. Morbid Tales is more consistent and has more groove, but To Mega Therion has the better songs. To Mega Therion has more variety in it, and more of an atmosphere.
25.02.2007 - 12:51
Judas
The Amputator
My favourite would have to be 'To Mega Therion'. I probably respect 'Into the Pandemonium' more, because it's a far more ambitious and influential release, and possibly 'Monotheist' too, just because they did what they wanted to without feeling compelled to release something like the old albums, but 'To Mega Therion' has everything coming together flawlessly.

1. To Mega Therion
2. Into the Pandemonium
=3. Morbid Tales AND Monotheist
5. Vanity/Nemesis
6. Cold Lake
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
22.03.2007 - 14:23
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I chose Morbid Tales simply because it is the only CF album I've listened to.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
22.03.2007 - 17:28
baldur
monotheist is an awesome album a daying god coming into humans flesh and progeny are awesome songs
22.03.2007 - 18:12
Baz Anderson
Staff
it seems I voted in this thread as soon as I saw it when it first started and didnt post what I had voted for.. and now I cannot remember..
I probably voted for 'To Mega Therion' but if I were to vote now it would be for 'Morbid Tales' - that album just seems more intersting to me at the moment..
'Monotheist' has some fantastic songs, namely 'Progeny' and 'Ain Elohim' but the rest is maybe a bit too obscure..
20.04.2007 - 00:15
Ultraraw
Account deleted
By the way i am not huge fan.I chose "Monotheist",album has melody,power and nice guitar riffs.I still listen it and think awesome album.
23.04.2007 - 02:23
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
I chose "Monotheist" a masterpiece for me. Dark and depressive as one pleases.
23.04.2007 - 21:12
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Finally got "To Mega Therion" and after about a handful of listens, it is my favorite Celtic Frost album.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.04.2007 - 13:13
|Angela|
Account deleted
Im actually starting to like their older stuff a bit more these days. Specially their Hellhammer stuff! Anyway as I said earlier, To Mega Therion from these.
04.06.2007 - 10:40
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
To Mega Therion is legend... Circle of the Tyrant says it all about this masterpiece
28.09.2007 - 00:27
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Ah yes...Celtic Frost...one helluva band! To Mega Therion is great and so is Morbid Tales, but I'd have to go with Pandemonium, purely because of the shear beauty enveloped in this masterpiece...gorgeous instrumentation, plus you get Mexican Radio! HAHA!
06.03.2008 - 18:05
Paraschiv
Account deleted
Well, bloody hell, I really can't say, so therefore I'll have to stick to making a top; here goes:
1. Monotheist: good cross-breed between the earlier stuff and a nice touch of something new;
2. Morbid TalesTo Mega TherionInto The Pandemonium: the albums that preety much influenced black metal, and since I'm a black metal fan........
3. Cold LakeVanity/Nemesis: An interesting experiment; sounds ok, after all, it is Celtic Frost, so I did ultimately like it, even a little bit;
Anyway, we want a new album, guys!!!!:bow:
28.06.2008 - 17:08
Jonnz of Steel
Call me strange, but I like Cold Lake, being a big hair metal fan anyway...
16.01.2009 - 19:40
Guib
Thrash Talker
I vote for USA version of Morbid Tales... or the Remastered one including Circle and Suicidal

I mean it was an impressive Debut album from the band. And Nocturnal Fear is by far my favorite Celtic Frost song.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.02.2009 - 16:14
taha_69
I would say "Morbid Tales" then "To Mega Therion" close behind it. This is Celtic Frosts prime by far. You can tell they started to lose it with "Into The Pandemonium" and defo with all the albums after that. "Monotheist" is a brilliiant comeback album for them.
20.02.2009 - 04:30
Monotheist is just a piece of art... so atmospheric and varied, plus insane lyrics.
Definitely my favorite
20.04.2009 - 19:53
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I'm not a huge fan of the band, but I have listened to all their albuns, and ''To mega therion'' is definetly the best one. The orchestral and the trumpets makes it different from the others (''Dawn Of Meggido'' and ''Necromantical Screams'' specially).
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
21.04.2009 - 00:09
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Into The Pandemonium for me.
Its one of the first and to this day greatest attempts at taking metal in new and interesting directions.