Metal Storm logo
Nile - Tour Announced, New Album On The Way

Good news arrive from the Nile camp. The band is focusing on a new album, which should be released this summer by Nuclear Blast, before this tour. Three years have passed since their latest opus At The Gate Of Sethu and we can expect new music soon. In addition, World Management and Massive Music announced a Nile European tour in September and October with direct support from Suffocation. Are you excited about the new record?

Karl Sanders says: "We have been looking forward to touring with Suffocation for many years, and when we saw this opportunity to do so we jumped at it! This is going to be awesome!"

Stay tuned for the exact tour dates.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nile
Posted: 14.01.2015 by MrClansman1

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 156 users
14.01.2015 - 13:47
Ilham
Giant robot
I will hurt a kitten if the new album is bad.
14.01.2015 - 13:56
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Ilham on 14.01.2015 at 13:47

I will hurt a kitten if the new album is bad.

Someone should lock you up...the direction they're headed isn't likely to appeal to you
14.01.2015 - 14:16
Lit.
Account deleted
Considering how the last one was, I'm not expecting much. It'd be nice to at least have a turn around, though.
14.01.2015 - 14:40
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
Good... but I prefer more heavy sound for Nile instead of extreme sound!
PLEASE use more mid tempo songs!!!
14.01.2015 - 14:52
garmling
Account deleted
It is absolutely certain they are capable of doing something good, but will they deliver? I'm afraid they're now too good musicians for their own good... On the latest albums Nile are more about technical stuff (crazy breaks, super fast tempos, hundreds of riffs per song etc...almost unbearable), while in the first few albums they're much more into atmosphere (creating a picture of ancient Egypt with various middle eastern folk elements and ambiance additions) while still technical but not over the top.... Still there is hope that they will make something nice...
14.01.2015 - 16:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Thankfully these guys still do intrigue me with their shit, but I personally think their glory days are over, don't see anything ever topping the In Their Darkened Shrines / Annihilation Of The Wicked era.
And for fuck's sake, where's a new Karl Sanders solo album? THAT's what I want!
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
14.01.2015 - 16:41
fixtafernback

I never heard a nile album i didnt like! cant wait!
14.01.2015 - 18:55
Zap
Hide yo kids hide yo cats cuz dis ain't gon' be gud.
14.01.2015 - 22:28
Opethian

If you listen to their albums from start to finish they all have different productions on each album. Let's hope that they heard and took in the feedback from the last album and decide to acknowledge it and apply it to the new album?? Wishful thinking. I will still support NILE and i would love it if they stop by Colorado
14.01.2015 - 22:31
Opethian

Written by Auntie Sahar on 14.01.2015 at 16:04

Thankfully these guys still do intrigue me with their shit, but I personally think their glory days are over, don't see anything ever topping the In Their Darkened Shrines / Annihilation Of The Wicked era.
And for fuck's sake, where's a new Karl Sanders solo album? THAT's what I want!

The latest album from Nile was your 3rd Solo album
14.01.2015 - 22:46
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
After the last three albums I can't say I'm expecting anything even remotely good
14.01.2015 - 22:47
Butters49

The last album was fucking DEADLY. Sounded like old school Nile mixed with new school Nile. I honestly cannot see why people do not like it?
Their weakest one in my opinion (in recent years) was Those Whom the Gods Detest. It had the blandest of all their riffs- but they were still pretty good by death metal standards.

I wish they would come to Canada! I guess the first time (to my knowledge) they came to Canada was last year with only one stop.
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
14.01.2015 - 22:54
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Opethian on 14.01.2015 at 22:31

The latest album from Nile was your 3rd Solo album

Sorry, I don't see what you're getting at
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
14.01.2015 - 22:57
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Butters49 on 14.01.2015 at 22:47

The last album was fucking DEADLY. Sounded like old school Nile mixed with new school Nile. I honestly cannot see why people do not like it?
Their weakest one in my opinion (in recent years) was Those Whom the Gods Detest. It had the blandest of all their riffs- but they were still pretty good by death metal standards.

Well you pretty much said it yourself with that second sentence, that it's not necessarily because it's bad per se, but because it's not as good as what they could (I hope at least) be doing. The past three albums have been pretty 7-8 material for me, while the previous ones were more 9-10.
----

~ II. VII
14.01.2015 - 23:38
Butters49

Written by Auntie Sahar on 14.01.2015 at 22:57

Written by Butters49 on 14.01.2015 at 22:47

Well you pretty much said it yourself with that second sentence, that it's not necessarily because it's bad per se, but because it's not as good as what they could (I hope at least) be doing. The past three albums have been pretty 7-8 material for me, while the previous ones were more 9-10.

At the Gate of Sethu was a 9 for me. Their best since 2005's Annihilation.... Possibly even better in my opinion (but that may be due to the fact that I've listened to Annihilation way too many times)
----
"Sataaaaaaaaan. Yeah yeah!"
-King Diamond
17.01.2015 - 19:52
Traezeus

I personally loved Those Whom the Gods Detest, but their latest attempt was not a very solid album IMO. I'll definitely check out their latest album at the least.. but my expectations aren't too high. To be fair though, I saw Nile a few years ago and they put on one of the best live performances I have seen from a metal act.. I also met Karl at the merch booth.. he walked up to talk to someone working behind the booth and nobody knew he was (except me, lol).

Hits total: 2584 | This month: 3