Metal Storm logo
The Agonist - Premiere New Video, To Tour Europe

After being quiet for a while, The Agonist have premiered a new video today! The band has just completed the official video for "Gates Of Horns And Ivory," the album opener. You can watch it now here. It features the band's new singer Vicky Psarakis. The Canadians will release their new album Eye Of Providence on February 23rd in Europe and February 24th in North America via Century Media Records. The Agonist also announced they will head out on a European tour this March with Otep and their friends Ferium. Tell us your opinion about their brand new video and the new song.

Guitarist Danny Marino had this to say about the video: "We had a great time shooting the Gates of Horn and Ivory video with our good friend and long time collaborator David Brodsky. It was great to finally have a video where we get to laugh at ourselves as well! If you've ever met the band you would know were not always as serious as our music may let on. The title and lyrics of Gates of Horn and Ivory were inspired by the ancient Greek text The Odyssey. It is said that within dreams should you see something enter through gates made of horn you can know it to be true in life. If the gates are ivory that it is a deception, and in life you should not trust whatever you saw come through those gates. It's a very interesting concept and I adapted it to things I have witnessed in my life. For the video we decided to use the music industry as the setting for the duality of horn (truth) and ivory (deception)."

Shows:

03.03 - Prague (CZE) Rock Cafe
04.03 - Bratislava (SVK) Randall
05.03 - Graz (AUT) Explosiv
06.03 - Budapest (HUN) Durer Kert
07.03 - Linz (AUT) Tabafabrik
08.03 - Berlin (GER) K17
10.03 - Eindhoven (NED) Effenaar
12.03 - Jena (GER) F-Haus
13.03 - Lyss (SUI) Kulturfabrik
14.03 - Lyon (FRA) CCO Villeeurbanne
15.03 - Paris (FRA) La Divan Du Monde
16.03 - Nantes (FRA) Le Ferrailleur
17.03 - Alzette (LUX) Kulturfabrik
18.03 - Antwerp (BEL) Kavka
19.03 - London (UK) The Garage
20.03 - Manchester (UK) Sound Control
21.03 - Sheffield (UK) O2 Academy
22.03 - Nuneaton (UK) Queens Hall

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: The Agonist
Posted: 15.01.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 130 users
15.01.2015 - 21:19
psykometal
A staff guy...
Not bad. Vicki is a suitable replacement for Alissa. I look forward to the new album now.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

15.01.2015 - 21:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
It left with the same thought. Now I want to listen to the complete work.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.01.2015 - 22:48
ScottyM

She has the aggressive vocals down, but her clean singing sounds hollow by comparison of what this band used to have. I just don't get the amount of energy out of Vicki that I would have wanted I suppose.
16.01.2015 - 00:11
krrrrebets
Account deleted
Nice. I liked it, definitely more than I first expected. And I agree with Scotty - her cleans are more reserved than Alissa's. At least on this song. Alissa wasn't very impressive on their debut too so let's wait and see what Vicky becomes.
16.01.2015 - 03:29
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by ScottyM on 15.01.2015 at 22:48

I just don't get the amount of energy out of Vicki that I would have wanted I suppose.

How am I supposed to interpret this?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.01.2015 - 04:23
Asat0r

I didn't really care for the previous 2 singles they released last year, but this song makes me excited for the new album.
17.01.2015 - 04:10
ScottyM

Written by Karlabos on 16.01.2015 at 03:29

Written by ScottyM on 15.01.2015 at 22:48

I just don't get the amount of energy out of Vicki that I would have wanted I suppose.

How am I supposed to interpret this?

Interpret it as you'd like, that's what's so great about subjectivity!

I for one appreciated how Alissa was balls-to-the-walls whenever she performed. If she wasn't growling her esophagus out and singing with clean vocals, you could still hear the energy in her voice. Vicki is just... meh. I don't get the depth I would have wanted from her. The video confirms it when she acts out the song, standing there lip-sync'd to the song, she's just all "meh, here we go, lets sing that one part."
17.01.2015 - 05:31
psykometal
A staff guy...
Well the parts where they're all dressed up they're all obviously intentionally not trying hard. The video is to criticize/mock all the videos out there where the musicians are all dolled up and emotionless during their video. That's why they switch out to an "abandoned structure" with regular clothes and then go balls out.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

19.01.2015 - 19:15
skydancer

Written by psykometal on 17.01.2015 at 05:31

Well the parts where they're all dressed up they're all obviously intentionally not trying hard. The video is to criticize/mock all the videos out there where the musicians are all dolled up and emotionless during their video. That's why they switch out to an "abandoned structure" with regular clothes and then go balls out.

Yep, it's definitely a statement of "this is who we are now". Maybe even a message to Alissa... I mean look at her in the Arch Enemy videos.

I like this new song a lot, the video is funny and cool, but let's wait for the album.
30.01.2015 - 02:15
Shmyt

I fucking love it. The shots at (maybe) Arch Enemy are pure gold.

Hits total: 2105 | This month: 4