11 users:
Band: Iron Fist
Album: Boneshaker
Release date: February 2015

01. H.P.R.R.
02. Boneshaker
03. Here To Rock
04. RnR Patrol

Iron Fist, from Sunny L.A., don't do anything that hasn't been done before. Booze fueled metal punk bashed out at Mach 4 while the vocalist gurgles unintelligibly - before taking the excess reverb into consideration - into the mic. I don't even know what language they speak. I swear the only words I made out the entire four track release were the title track, "Boneshaker". Even then I thought it might have been "For Satam" or "Forsaken"?

So been there, done that?

"Why the high marks", you ask?

Because Iron Fist play with reckless abandon. They play with the exuberance of early Exodus and the first Suicidal Tendencies release.

It's a wreckwave of mayhem that just runs over you.

It is as if Dr Rock (no relation that I am aware of to Doc Godin, who used to go by that name), Rick Overkill and the boys take the finest essences of Motörhead (as if the band didn't drop enough clues that they dig Lemmy and co.), Bonded By Blood, The Sex Pistols bombast, latter-day PunkDarkthrone and distill it all down, Breaking Bad Style (Time to rock, Jesse) into about 13 minutes of demented joy.

The result is four fast tracks of spastic, sloppy, direct, violently energetic chaos. Sure, they slow down to half speed for a solo in the opening track, "H.P.R.R." for about 30 seconds, but that gives way to e-chugging reminiscent of the intro to Slayer's "Black Magic", and their off again, only relenting when the e.p. comes to a close.

Speaking of Slayer, one of the solos on the final track, "R 'n' R Patrol" sounds like the guitarists was trying to channel the spirit of Jeff Hanneman in a peyote-induced trance.

So this album was created with such disregard for human safety that I cannot listen to it without fighting the urge to go full Cornholio mode, pick up a bat, and just start running amok and smashing shit.

Enough words. Probably took you longer to read this than it will be to listen to the disasterpiece. Go to bandcamp now.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 6
Production: 9

Written on 18.01.2015 by BitterCOld has been officially reviewing albums for MetalStorm since 2009.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 164 users
18.01.2015 - 01:53
Darkside Momo
Retired
These guys were born thirty years late They would have loved the eighties
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
18.01.2015 - 06:12
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Iron Fist, right?

Meet my man Danny Rand.

Now on this review, looks interesting. Gonna chedk out soon.
18.01.2015 - 18:59
Lit.
Account deleted
Holy shit, this looks EXTREMELY relevant to my interests. Even willing to overlook the "early Exodus" part just because "the first Suicidal Tendencies release" comes right after it.
18.01.2015 - 19:03
Rating: 9
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 18.01.2015 at 18:59

Holy shit, this looks EXTREMELY relevant to my interests. Even willing to overlook the "early Exodus" part just because "the first Suicidal Tendencies release" comes right after it.

it's more of the vibe than the song structure. you can tell both bands just went into the studio guns blazing with a Clark W. Griswold Wally World smiles on their faces.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 4188 | This month: 8