Metal Storm logo
Stone Sour - Share Video For Metal Church Cover

Stone Sour have premiered a video for their cover of Metal Church's "The Dark". This track was recorded specifically for the film Fear Clinic, which features frontman Corey Taylor in a key role and hits Blu-ray and DVD today. The video features the band's live performance along with scenes from the film.

Guitarist Josh Rand stated: "The song originally appeared on Metal Church's second album as the title track released in 1986. It was chosen for the movie Fear Clinic by director Rob Hall and Corey as they felt that the lyrics fit well with the story. The song was recorded live in about a half day at Room 237 in Burbank, Calif., in March 2014."

The movie stars Robert "Freddy Krueger" Englund, Fiona Dourif, Angelina Armani and Thomas Dekker. It was directed by Robert G. Hall and it centers on a clinic where the trauma-stricken patients begin to have their phobias re-emerge a year after suffering a horrifying tragedy. Dr. Andover (Robert Englund) uses his "fear chamber" to help the patients come to terms with their hallucinations, but he begins to suspect something more sinister is afoot.

Stone Sour have been working on an album of cover songs, Meanwhile In Burbank, which should be released later this year.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Stone Sour
Posted: 10.02.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 50 users
10.02.2015 - 13:22
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
Song is very good but the movie seems to be an another SICK HORROR movie...
10.02.2015 - 23:53
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Zero scares and crappy effects is what I foresee... So many horror movies suck... hole-ridden plots, stupid characters, and crap effects... I have no interest in Stone Sour these days and I played the shit out of their first record.
11.02.2015 - 01:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Not a good cover at all. Especially the vocals suck majorly.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 1687 | This month: 5