08. Insania
09. Contemptuous Quitus
10. The Silver Eye
11. Tragedienne
12. Tragica [Tragedienne version][spanish bonus]

Staff review by
Ag Fox
Rating:
Ahh? Sirenia. A band I've always felt quite attached to as it's one of the first discoveries I'd made back when I first joined this site, around the time when The 13th Floor was released. Ailyn was definitely the main reason that got me hooked. Admittedly, I'm hardly the most loyal fan because I turned my back on her upon listening to the pedestrian effort named The Enigma Of Life.

Read more ››
published 15.06.2015 | Comments (10)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 13   Visited by: 411 users
11.02.2015 - 01:29
Rating: 7
MelancholiaC

What's with Morten Veland's obsession with the number 7? Sirenia's album/song titles are one step from "The 7 Horcruxes"...
11.02.2015 - 04:34
Rating: 10
Ismarmlp

I CAN'T WAIIIIIIT!!!!!
13.02.2015 - 03:02
marshalldml

I hope this will be good,
They barely release any good thing since they joined NuclearBlast,
Now they're back with Napalm,maybe this will be closer to their first 2 albums.
But,I've learned not to get my expectation too high with them now....
24.02.2015 - 15:19
Dragoth

I hope for some mix of At Sixes and Sevens, 13th Floor and Perils of the deep blue. The last album was good but I desire for more growlings in their music. We shall see

By the way there is beautiful edition of digipak on preorder at Napalm's Records webpage.
01.05.2015 - 18:17
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Oh my, I actually came to love the album. It's so... different.In its core it's still Sirenia, but it's much darker, more deranged and vile and epic.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
03.05.2015 - 12:32
Rating: 8
PocketMetal

^ Agreed, this is the best Sirenia album in many many years. They've finally figured out how to use Ailyn's voice, she seems to be very comfortable with these songs. I thoroughly enjoyed the album, I wanna say the band is back! Finally!
08.05.2015 - 19:51
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Written by MelancholiaC on 11.02.2015 at 01:29

What's with Morten Veland's obsession with the number 7? Sirenia's album/song titles are one step from "The 7 Horcruxes"...

Their weakest album is by far The Enigma Of Life, the only one without a reference to the number 7. I think he can't create good music without that number
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
09.05.2015 - 13:10
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by PocketMetal on 03.05.2015 at 12:32

^ Agreed, this is the best Sirenia album in many many years.

I'm quite comfortable saying this is the best Sirenia album for me since An Elixir For Existence. It grows on me with every listen and especially since I expected a little less than an average album, it totally got me unprepared.

I also love how Ailyn's and Morten's vocals intertwine into a true beaty & the beast concept, not only by using the characteristic vocal techniques, but also with their portrayal of two opposing characters in the story and how the whole sound has shifted to more epic waters. The choirs have immense depth and again play an importrant role, and the way Veland nicely incorporated small, but very effective features of avantgarde metal and even more extreme metal elements, speaks of his growth. As for the songs themselves, Sons Of The North is undoubtedly the highlight of the album for me.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.05.2015 - 01:29
Rating: 6
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Remember how the second half of their last album sounded like uninspired filler?

Now picture an entire album of songs like that, and you've got The Seventh Life Path.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
12.05.2015 - 14:29
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 12.05.2015 at 01:29

Remember how the second half of their last album sounded like uninspired filler?

Now picture an entire album of songs like that, and you've got The Seventh Life Path.

I disagree with ya. The second part of their previous album was as good as the first with songs like "Stille Kom Døden" or "The Funeral March". This one though it is kinda mixed. Good songs are scattered among filler ones. There is no abysmal tracks, just some that hold the spotlight ("Once My Light", "Sons Of The North" - probably the best track on this record - "Concealed Disdain" or "Contemptuous Quietus") while others are around the average to meh attitude. The big flaw though is that almost all of the songs are kinda too long. Most go over 6 minutes while they should've been around the 3-5 minutes.
04.06.2015 - 14:53
Reaper_Redeemer

Better than the previous album and from "13th floor" for sure. Some nice track composition after years and the heavy riffs are groovy and tasty. Enjoyed some moments but moments in a full disc cannot make it considering an album something special. In Morten we trust though..

Highlights:
02. Serpent
03. Once My Light
04. Elixir (best Morten's riff but same notes as main theme of "Shigeki no Kyojin"
07. Concealed Disdain
08. Insania
26.06.2015 - 02:42
Rating: 6
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

I still cannot understand what people are enjoying about this album.

If it ends up with the same rating as the phenomenal The 13th Floor, it will be a modern day tragedy.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
27.06.2015 - 22:21
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Some good points:
Ailyn sounds her best yet on the album and I can see that the band is returning to the heavier and complex songwriting. But I'm just not feeling anything from the songs, nothing stands out for me at all.

Hits total: 10253 | This month: 17