Metal Storm logo
The Agonist - New Video Online

After two previous videos for "Gates Of Horns And Ivory" and "My Witness, Your Victim", Canadians The Agonist have shared yet another new video for a brand new song. Stop what you are doing and just listen to "A Gentle Disease" now! What do you think of this more mellow track?

Vicky Psarakis (vocals) commented on the song: "'A Gentle Disease' was one of the most interesting tracks to write and record with The Agonist. It allowed us to take the band somewhere it's never been before and I was really happy to be a part of that. I remember hearing the music and being left with a wide spectrum of emotions. On the one hand, it's acoustic and simple compared to other songs on the album. At the same time the chord progression is quite unpredictable, leaving you in a very unsettling mood. This song also let me to explode a more subdued jazz vocal style that I enjoy. I think the song adds to the diversity of Eye Of Providence. Lyrically, like the music, 'A Gentle Disease' is based on contradiction. Imagine being thrown into a world where everything is turned upside down and exact opposite of what you're used to."

The metallers first new album in three years, Eye Of Providence, is being released on February 23rd in Europe and February 24th in North America via Century Media Records.

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: The Agonist
Posted: 13.02.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 35 users
13.02.2015 - 19:53
Shmyt

I like it. Not what I'm used to from them but I love her voice in this; best clean vocals I've heard from her yet.

Hits total: 1572 | This month: 4