Metal Storm logo
Psychedelic Rock

14.02.2015 - 22:36
JD
Account deleted
I'm looking for more Psychedelic rock bands such as Dead Meadow, The Black Angels, Witch, Asteroid, Electric Moon, Naam, The Myrrors, Purple Hill Witch, Egypt, Asteroid, and Colour Haze. Any ideas?

And since there is no fourm for Psychedelic Rock, this is now open for your disscusions.
15.02.2015 - 00:17
JohnDoe
Account deleted
And here I thought you were looking for late 60s, early 70s psyche-rock
don't know much about this revival of bands you're talking about.
16.02.2015 - 12:30
raveneffect
There is a lot of psychadelic rock bands doing this revival-thing and it goes on in waves. It's safe to say the 2012 Swedish bandwagon is pretty much dead, with the obvious good bands still doing their thing but the cool thing about this movement is the ecleticism and all the different musical layers they blend into their music. All the bands you've mentioned above are the proof of this.

Moon Duo, Sleepy Sun, Spindrift, The Raveonettes are some bands that I would recommend on the mellow, weird and almost shoegaze side of Psych.

Radio Moscow, Graveyard, Blues Pills, Desert Suns if you want more straightforward Psych-Blues Rock.

Mars Red Sky is a band I cant recommend enough, Psychadelic Fuzz with a Doom layer, if you like Sleep you'll really dig their sound.

Check out Killimanjaro, The Quartet of Woah!, Keep Razors Sharp, Jiboia or Asimov, really good bands as well.
16.02.2015 - 19:55
JD
Account deleted
Written by raveneffect on 16.02.2015 at 12:30

There is a lot of psychadelic rock bands doing this revival-thing and it goes on in waves. It's safe to say the 2012 Swedish bandwagon is pretty much dead, with the obvious good bands still doing their thing but the cool thing about this movement is the ecleticism and all the different musical layers they blend into their music. All the bands you've mentioned above are the proof of this.

Moon Duo, Sleepy Sun, Spindrift, The Raveonettes are some bands that I would recommend on the mellow, weird and almost shoegaze side of Psych.

Radio Moscow, Graveyard, Blues Pills, Desert Suns if you want more straightforward Psych-Blues Rock.

Mars Red Sky is a band I cant recommend enough, Psychadelic Fuzz with a Doom layer, if you like Sleep you'll really dig their sound.

Check out Killimanjaro, The Quartet of Woah!, Keep Razors Sharp, Jiboia or Asimov, really good bands as well.

I'm already aware of Sleepy Sun which is amazing! Radio Moscow and Blue Pills I listened to them aswell but they were'nt really the thing I'm looking for, but I will definitely check the other ones.

Yestrday I found this band by mistake on youtube they're called The Flying Eyes, really good stuff.