Metal Storm logo
Tea[m]ster's 2015 Music Exchange

You know the drill.

Created by: tea[m]ster | 15.02.2015

1. A Swarm Of The Sun - The Rifts
(post metal) Woa, huge surprise in early 2015. Very atmospheric and crushing. Produced by the Magnus Lindberg of CoL...all you need to know. 4.1 ↓
2. Actors&Actresses - Pyre
(post-y/shoegaze-y) Lo-Fi qualities in sound and production, another release "Is it metal enough?" Does it matter anymore? 4.6 ↑
3. An Autumn For Crippled Children - The Long Goodbye
(metalgaze) Can't say much....yet...ok, I wrote a review, check it! 4.6 -
4. Anderwelt - Schattenlichter
(post/doom/dark ambient) What a combination of genres. Works really well. I get a pretty majestic feeling while listening to this. 4.5
5. Anomalie - Refugium
(melodic black/post) This one came out of nowhere... 4.8 ↑
6. Au-Dessus - Au-Dessus
(post/atmo black) Debut album. Terrific sound. So emotional yet dense at the same time. This will be high on the list by year's end. 4.7 -
7. Burweed - Hide
(blackened sludge/atmo black metal) Love the production and mixture of clean and harsh vocals. Check R'Vannith's review. 4.8 ↑
8. Caïna - Setter Of Unseen Snares
(blackened sludge) Thanks to Ilham for this. Dark and brooding, loud and expansive. A little short but great aura. 4.5 -
9. Callisto - Secret Youth
(post metal) Definitely a CoL vibe with clean vocals that will take some time getting used to. 4.5 -
10. Caspian - Dust And Disquiet
(instrumental post metal) Fell asleep on these guys. Never again. Monolithic sound mixed with some post rock tendencies. Wow. 4.7 ↑
11. Clouds Collide - All Things Shining
(metalgaze) Another one man band doing wonderful things. Professionally done, atmospheric and emotional "gazey" trajectories. 4.7 -
12. Earthmass - Collapse
(doom/sludge/psychedelic/stoner) Stuff is soothing , trippy, and crushing all at once. Elementary song structures blinged out with superb production. 4.5 -
13. Enshine - Singularity
(melodic/post/atmo) It's Jari Lindholm...fucking Jari Lindholm! A very credible sophomore release - hard to top that debut album. 4.6 -
14. He Whose Ox Is Gord - The Camel - The Lion - The Child
(prog, sludge, post) Holy shit, what a sound. A great mixture of everything I love about metal music. All my favorite genres coinciding as one. 4.7 ↑
15. Hive Destruction - Hive Destruction
(post metal) Riffy and Chuggy with some screaming gang vocals. Deep, impenetrable and layered guitar work sounds immaculate. 4.5 -
16. InAeona - Force Rise The Sun
(post/atmospheric/alt) Best way to describe: Katatonia meets Junius meets Atoma. 4.7 ↑
17. INHIBIS - Sunk Into The Hollow
(sludgy instrumental stoner metal) High and low ends of gritty and grimy sludge metal. Heavy bass and massive riffs carry the entire release. 3.8 -
18. Izah - Sistere
(post metal) CoL and Isis all in one. Nothing authentic. Four really long and crushing songs in high quality production. Been done many times before but very rarely this good. 4.5 -
19. Kalpa - Sequences
(instrumental atmo sludge) Some of the best produced, best sounding music in this genre I've heard in over a year. Crushing and drawn out - I die for this. 4.5 -
20. Kimono Lights - Imprinting
(shoegaze) Italian quartet creating some of the most blissful music I have ever heard. Includes some post rock elements. 4.6
21. Kollwitz - Dissonance
(post metal/post hardcore/sludge) Powerful, emotional yet not overly complicated. Keeping it simple is this releases strong suit. For the Laymans. 4.0
22. Kontinuum - Kyrr
(post black/prog) Hailing from Iceland too, I happen to like this more than Solstafir's stuff - and that is saying a lot. 4.5 -
23. Kowloon Walled City - Grievances
(noise/sludge/hardcore) This band keeps getting better with each release. The scream-style singing fits the music perfectly. 4.5 ↑
24. Landforge - As The Last Lights Went Out
(instrumental post rock/metal) First thing form this guy since 2011. The UK sure has some great post rock talent. 3.7 -
25. Maïak - A Very Pleasant Way to Die
(instrumental post metal) Just when you think you've heard it all, post rock makes a big splash with this monster. 4.5 -
26. Marriages - Salome
(indie/dream pop/post rock) 80's nostalgic feel, right down to the gorgeous female vocals. Production values are extremely high. 4.5 -
27. N R C S S S T - Schizophrenic Art
(post black/shoegaze) Melody driven shoegaze and the raw aggression of modern black metal art. Along the lines of older Alcest but much harsher. 4.6 ↑
28. Oceanwake - Sunless
(post/sludge/doom) Incredible sounding debut record. Immense wall of sound, budding crescendo's and some of the most evil vocals I've ever heard. 3.9 ↓
29. Postvorta - Ægeria
(post/sludge) These Italian folks incorporate a similar style as their influences, but move themselves and the listener through stunning corridors of sound. 4.2
30. Regarde Les Hommes Tomber - Exile
(atmospheric/post black) This is THE release that's slipped by most folk here at MS. Not a lot of fanfare and just a gigantic sound. 4.8 ↑
31. Rolling Through the Universe - Lethe
(sludge/stoner/post) Excellent follow-up to their debut. Gritty, saturated and swanky textures. Loud as hell. 4.0
32. Sannhet - Revisionist
(instrumental post black) So much better than 'Known Flood' in every way: production, song structures, musicianship. God, I love this sound. 4.6 -
33. Shumaun - Shumaun
(prog metal) What a debut record! Features drumming from none other than Mark Zonder (Fates Warning). Catchy songs and really nice production. 4.1
34. Sleeping Bear - Parinae
(instrumental post rock) Much like GIAA but without the electronic aspects. A followup EP from the 2014 debut release. Beautiful. 4.0 -
35. St. Joseph's Missouri's Sisters of? - The Serpent, The Angel, and The Adversary
(instrumental post metal) Best produced post metal album of 2015. Clear, articulate and the songs are well written. 4.5
36. Steak Number Eight - Kosmokoma
(post grunge) I do have a soft spot for this band. I know I will never be disappointed by any new release. I just know...(and I was right). 4.0 -
37. Subsignal - The Beacons Of Somewhere Sometime
(neo-prog) Best voice in metal. Ok, one of the best voices. 4.0 -
38. Sunpocrisy - Eyegasm, Hallelujah!
(post/prog) No letdown here. They have expanded the musical influences, with a very immense and ply surface and they have done it brilliantely. 4.5
39. The Moth Gatherer - The Earth Is The Sky
(post/sludge metal) Nice surprise at the end of 2015. The electronic parts are great, aids the CoL/Isis themes perfectly. 4.8 ↑
40. This Gift Is A Curse - All Hail The Swinelord
(blackened sludge/hardcore) Dirty, greasy, intense. Heavy and dense. Stuff will blow you away. 4.0
41. This Social Coil - Time
(post punk/indie/new wave) "Inner Core" is the best song they have ever written. I love this style of music - so different. 4.1 -
42. Three Steps To The Ocean - Migration Light
(post rock/metal) Won't say much, yet. 4.5 -
43. Wovoka - Saros
(post/sludge metal) Woa. Huge surprise. Great mixture of crushing sludge dynamics and post metal's delicate nuances. 4.5 -
44. Yanos - Omega
(post/sludge metal) Excellent production, minimalist sound structures but catchy as hell. Great atmosphere and nice usage of post metal's build ups and climaxes. 4.6 ↑

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by tea[m]ster ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 13   Visited by: 75 users
16.02.2015 - 13:00
Ilham
Giant robot
Keeping an eye on this .
16.02.2015 - 13:54
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
This list seriously need this :3

17.02.2015 - 06:43
Diverge

Needs a little bit more Eden Circus.
17.02.2015 - 06:52
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Time to pick my shovel and.........dig it.

I follow your lists, man. It's great.
26.02.2015 - 04:33
Neachy

Https://nordvis.bandcamp.com/album/sistere
27.02.2015 - 11:44
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Neachy on 26.02.2015 at 04:33

Https://nordvis.bandcamp.com/album/sistere

On it.
----
rekt
22.12.2015 - 02:34
Diverge

Hey man! I have two recommendations for you that you might dig!

Our Oceans- Our Oceans https://ouroceansband.bandcamp.com/ Members of Cynic and Dodecahedron put on a wonderful show with a very different style of music. One of the better albums produced this year. You will absolutely love this album...I can tell!
Echoes of Yul - The Healing https://echoesofyul.bandcamp.com/ Really interesting cinematic ambient stuff.
01.01.2016 - 13:46
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Diverge on 22.12.2015 at 02:34

Hey man! I have two recommendations for you that you might dig!

I will check them this weekend. Any money I downloaded them at some point in 2015 and they are sitting in my music folder with the other 100 albums I still need to listen to.
----
rekt
13.03.2016 - 06:26
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal

Hey man!

Ok, I finally made it thru my 2015 stuff. I added a few to this list and posted some other ones I dig in the post/sludge/atmo thread. All in all a decent year for the sort of things I like and even changed some of my favorites at the last minute.

Albums Of The Year
Overall: Exile from Regarde Les Hommes Tomber
Post Metal: The Earth Is The Sky from The Moth Gatherer
Post Rock: Dust And Disquiet from Caspian
Hardcore Sludge: Grievances from Kowloon Walled City
Stoner Sludge: Grief's Infernal Flower from Windhand
Power/Prog: Faded To Burn from Darkology
Prog: The Beacons of Somewhere Sometime from Subsignal
Metalgaze: Refugium from Anomalie
Shoegaze: Pyre from Actors&Actresses
Hardcore: Dissonance from Kollwitz
Alternative: Force Rise The Sun from InAeona
----
rekt
13.03.2016 - 11:54
slim pickings
Account deleted
Only know Marriages, Sannhet and Subsignal
nice to see Subsignal getting some appreciation
13.03.2016 - 16:44
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Guest on 13.03.2016 at 11:54

Only know Marriages, Sannhet and Subsignal
nice to see Subsignal getting some appreciation

I apologize if you checked these already, I know you are a prog fan but here it goes anyway :0

Shumaun - Shumaun
Earthside - A Dream In Static
Third Ion - 13-8 Bit

Also, keep any eye out for To-Mera's Julie Kiss and Tom MacLean side project. Due out soon (I hope)
http://euphonia.bandcamp.com/track/oblivion
----
rekt
13.03.2016 - 16:52
slim pickings
Account deleted
I know Earthside, too
14.03.2016 - 04:31
Diverge

Written by tea[m]ster on 13.03.2016 at 06:26

Hey man!

Ok, I finally made it thru my 2015 stuff. I added a few to this list and posted some other ones I dig in the post/sludge/atmo thread. All in all a decent year for the sort of things I like and even changed some of my favorites at the last minute.

Albums Of The Year
Overall: Exile from Regarde Les Hommes Tomber
Post Metal: The Earth Is The Sky from The Moth Gatherer
Post Rock: Dust And Disquiet from Caspian
Hardcore Sludge: Grievances from Kowloon Walled City
Stoner Sludge: Grief's Infernal Flower from Windhand
Power/Prog: Faded To Burn from Darkology
Prog: The Beacons of Somewhere Sometime from Subsignal
Metalgaze: Refugium from Anomalie
Shoegaze: Pyre from Actors&Actresses
Hardcore: Dissonance from Kollwitz
Alternative: Force Rise The Sun from InAeona

I actually don't know if I've listened to any of these aside from Subsignal. I'll definitely check them out. Also, +1 for 13/8 Bit in the later post

Hits total: 2369 | This month: 8