Style: Hardcore
Release date: February 2015

01. End
02. Degeneration
03. Dying Legend
04. Eyes And Teeth
05. Temple

"God is in the detail".

Mies Van Der Rohe is known for his aphorisms that brilliantly encompass in a few words the essence of his simplistic approach to modern architecture. This particular quotation remained with me, because it comes in handy every time I want to bring someone's attention to the details behind the apparent simplicity of things.

As you could have guessed, CDC's End is the reason for this pretentious introduction. The quartet plays a traditional breed of East Coast-style hardcore. While the thrashy riffs that serve as a conductor of the band's energy aren't the freshest, they prove to be the perfect base for Brooke Schwartz's words, whose sole prose on social issues and delivery are good enough to warrant listening to End at least once. Part Johnny Rotten, part Zack De La Rocha, his punky yet hip-hop flavoured flow keeps getting catchier and catchier. The melody, flow, and bitterness on "Temple" make me hope CDC will stop releasing thirteen minutes long EPs and treat us with a full-length real soon.

This is just what we ask hardcore to be: cohesive, entertaining, and thought-provoking. If you're interested, the End is nigh, just one click away: here and in full.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 7

Written by Ilham | 17.02.2015

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 29 users
18.02.2015 - 03:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Typo in Ludwig's surname. His name is spelled 'Mies van der Rohe' so, lower case for 'van der'.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 1926 | This month: 4