Metal Storm logo
Killswitch Engage - Preview New Song For Game Of Thrones Mixtape

And now for something a bit different. As the anticipation builds for the next season of HBO's popular series Game Of Thrones, there is a new mixtape coming up, "Catch the Throne: The Mixtape, Vol. 2", and today saw the premiere of a 40-second snippet of Killswitch Engage's contribution, a new track called "Loyalty". You can whet your appetite over here. The band recently recorded the new song as they were asked to contribute to the mixtape.

Singer Jesse Leach recently stated: "I started doing my research and watching some of the stuff. And while I was writing the song, I didn't really know what I was talking about. But [the show's producers] give you a concept, they give you key words that you should use and sort of a give you a storyline. It was fun for me to work in that capacity, cause I'm used to just coming up with stuff on my off the spot. And they had a lot of cool trigger words, so it was interesting to see that come together."

Apart from Killswitch Engage, "Catch the Throne: The Mixtape, Vol. 2" will include contributions from metallers Anthrax, Snoop Dogg, Method Man and Yandel. The mixtape is expected to drop in March in advance of the Season 5 debut of Game Of Thrones which starts on April 12th on HBO.

"When you play the game of thrones you win or you die." Right?

Source: killswitchengage.com
Band profile: Killswitch Engage
Posted: 25.02.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 72 users
25.02.2015 - 23:26
Gothmog_Motsham

This sounds awful.
25.02.2015 - 23:34
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I don't know, man.... I think Game Of Thrones inspired music should be more on the melodic death metal or black metal side of things.. best show on TV... it shows you the extremes of human behavior in an extreme environment... and lots of gratuitous violence makes me a happy boy.
26.02.2015 - 00:09
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by Guest on 25.02.2015 at 23:34

I don't know, man.... I think Game Of Thrones inspired music should be more on the melodic death metal or black metal side of things.. best show on TV... it shows you the extremes of human behavior in an extreme environment... and lots of gratuitous violence makes me a happy boy.

You forgot the gratuitous boobs. That makes everyone happy. Bitches, 40's, and weaponry...sounds like perfect territory for Snoop and M-E-T-H-O-D Man to me.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
26.02.2015 - 04:27
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Written by flightoficarus on 26.02.2015 at 00:09

Written by Guest on 25.02.2015 at 23:34

You forgot the gratuitous boobs. That makes everyone happy. Bitches, 40's, and weaponry...sounds like perfect territory for Snoop and M-E-T-H-O-D Man to me.

I certainly have fantasized that I was Khal Drogo gorilla fucking Daenerys Targaryen but when I watch that show I'm always on edge because of the sudden outbursts of intense violence.
01.03.2015 - 11:12
Rapid Fire

Killswitch Engage and Game of Thrones??

What's next? Korn doing the soundtrack for the new Star Wars movies?
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Hits total: 2136 | This month: 3