Metal Storm logo
Katatonia - Reveal Clip From New Concert Film

While Katatonia haven't released a new album in a few years, they have been busy with other releases including EPs, compilations, acoustic releases and DVDs. Now the Swedish masters of melancholy will release a new concert film, Sanctitude, and today you get to watch the live video for "Day" which is a beautiful song you might know from one of the band's standout records, Brave Murder Day. Sanctitude will be released on March 30th in the UK and the rest of the world, March 31st in the USA and Canada, and April 3rd in Germany. Until then, enjoy this version of the haunting "Day" song.

Anders Nyström said of this track: "Day... something you wake up to, or at least have to pull through, over and over. Most of them you forget about, but a couple you maybe look back upon and wish to relive again. Unfortunately in reality, I'm afraid that's not possible, at least not until Apple buys NASA and releases a new version of their Time Capsule backup machine and send people into the cloud and back into history to fetch an older version of their lives, but luckily for us, there's a current control of our music that doesn't need time travel.

"We have always felt that if there's a need, we're entitled to the freedom to give our old songs a makeover in the now rather than the never. So, in the making of Sanctitude there was one song in particular that meant a great deal to us. In fact, it was our first song ever to feature entirely clean vocals accompanied by clean guitars and it was written and released right in the peak of our death metal years. The song stood out, but isolated itself into oblivion in the climate of heavier music. Therefore we wanted this song to get a second chance, to be re-discovered. Even 20 years later when performing it live for the first time, it appears the parks are still grey and look the same..."

Disc 1:
01. In The White
02. Ambitions
03. Teargas
04. Gone
05. A Darkness Coming
06. One Year From Now
07. The Racing Heart
08. Tonight's Music
09. Sleeper
10. Undo You
11. Lethean
12. Day
13. Idle Blood
14. Unfurl
15. Omerta
16. Evidence
17. The One You Are Looking For Is Not Here

Disc 2:
Concert Film (80 minutes)
Documentary "Beyond The Chapel" (66 minutes)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Katatonia
Posted: 05.03.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 112 users
05.03.2015 - 13:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I love this song so much. I wish I could marry it
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.03.2015 - 18:40
♱ RaVeN ♱

Woow, this is absolutely brilliant!
05.03.2015 - 20:27
Windrider
Raureif
Written by BloodTears on 05.03.2015 at 13:15

I love this song so much. I wish I could marry it

Indeed, Brave Murder Day are three awesome songs... Well the rest of the album is, too.
05.03.2015 - 20:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Windrider on 05.03.2015 at 20:27

Indeed, Brave Murder Day are three awesome songs... Well the rest of the album is, too.

I'm with you on that I like the whole album. I remember it was one of the first records I heard from Katatonia after I discovered them and that song "Day" always stuck with me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.03.2015 - 06:40
Mrophine

Im loving this unplugged Katatonia. Also is this the reason why their drummer left? Coz their sound got mellow?
06.03.2015 - 11:57
Windrider
Raureif
Written by BloodTears on 05.03.2015 at 20:44

I'm with you on that I like the whole album. I remember it was one of the first records I heard from Katatonia after I discovered them and that song "Day" always stuck with me.

Yeah it's also one of the only records that I like by them haha. I'm not really into their newer stuff

Hits total: 1661 | This month: 5