Metal Storm logo
Night Of The Prog Festival X - Line-Up Revealed

This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Night Of The Prog festival and the prog mecca has unveiled its full line-up for this summer. Since it's the 10th anniversary, it should be pretty special, right? It is, in fact. They celebrate this edition by extending the event to three days and inviting some of the best of the previous line-ups as well as some brand new faces.

Running from the 17th until the 19th of July 2015, the Friday opening day will be headlined by the legendary Camel and they will be joined by Pendragon, Anneke van Giersbergen presents The Gentle Storm, Beardfish, Neal Morse, Lesoir and IO Earth.

Saturday 18th July will see Fish return to the stage with his 30th anniversary celebration of Misplaced Childhood, and bolstering the line-up will be Riverside, The Enid, Lazuli, Luna Kiss and Sylvan.

Finally on Sunday 19th July, Steve Hackett will be playing his last ever full Genesis Revisited set, with support from Pain Of Salvation, Steve Rothery Band, Haken, Kaipa Da Capo and Special Providence.

Taking place at the beautiful Lorelei Amphitheatre in Germany, tickets are on sale now at this location.

Source: facebook.com
Event: Night Of The Prog Festival X: 10th Anniversary
Posted: 17.03.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 61 users
17.03.2015 - 18:44
bodomdragon

Confession: I love prog metal and I find this lineup extremely disappointing.
17.03.2015 - 18:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by bodomdragon on 17.03.2015 at 18:44

I dislike most prog and find this line-up finger licking good.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.03.2015 - 18:55
bodomdragon

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.03.2015 at 18:46

I dislike most prog and find this line-up finger licking good.

Well then, they might be doing something wrong.
17.03.2015 - 19:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Neal Morse, Riverside, Camel, Fish, Steve Rothery, Steve Hackett, Pain Of Salvation ALL are classic prog names and immensely influential ones.
This truly is a line-up that should especially appeal to prog fans, but also to fans of great music.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.03.2015 - 20:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
It's a very rare thing but I do actually agree with Marcel

This line-up is amazing. Almost all of my fav prog bands represented here with a few exceptions. I guess it would be too hard to get Green Carnation for this as well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.03.2015 - 20:42
PanzerPriest

You must be kidding! Riverside, Beardfish, Pain of salvation are brilliant! Steve Hackett is the King! Beautiful line-up!
17.03.2015 - 20:42
musclassia

This line-up is excellent and I would definitely go if it was in the UK; as it is, I'll probably make do with the slightly inferior but similar festival going on in Kent instead. Ramblin' Man Fair in the UK has Riverside, Camel, Marillion and Haken on its prog stage, but the two Steves and PoS on the Sunday are very tasty too.
18.03.2015 - 02:25
Diverge

The lineup is SUPERB, like all other years of Night of the Prog. I don't know what that other guy is talking about.
18.03.2015 - 12:39
bodomdragon

Written by PanzerPriest on 17.03.2015 at 20:42

You must be kidding! Riverside, Beardfish, Pain of salvation are brilliant! Steve Hackett is the King! Beautiful line-up!

I know there are a lot of big names and everything, but that's not my kind of Prog Metal festival. I'd much, much, much rather have Dream Theater, Symphony X, Threshold, Voyager, Pagan's Mind, Circus Maximus, Redemption, DGM, Vanden Plas, Shadow Gallery, Myrath, Orphaned Land...
18.03.2015 - 13:41
Ivor
Staff
Written by Diverge on 18.03.2015 at 02:25

The lineup is SUPERB, like all other years of Night of the Prog. I don't know what that other guy is talking about.

See the first post and the next after yours - the guy is into prog metal, hence the disappointment. I think the line-up is pretty damn great.

@bodi10: Out of your list most aren't worth much either musically (any more) or live. Out of the bands on the festival Beardfish, Lazuli, RIverside and Pain of Salvation alone blow most of them to bits, not to mention Hackett who is a class of his own (I've seen that show twice now, so I know what I'm talking about). Threshold, though, that is brilliant, I can vouch for that.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on Mars

Hits total: 1799 | This month: 3