Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Sick Of The Studio Tour Dates

The following message has been posted on metallica.com:

"Enough already with this announcing one show at a time B.S. . . . we've got four more to tell you about!

First up, is Oslo, Norway on July 10th. Last time we were there is it was winter (Dec. '03). . . we're psyched to be playing outside in the summer, actually our first outside gig ever in Norway.

We haven't been to Stockholm, Sweden in way tooooooo long . . . so it's very cool that we'll be back on July 12th to play at Stockholm Stadion for the second time. See how these things work ... 'cause the next show is in . . . Helsinki, Finland, July 15th, our eighth visit to Helsinki and again our second time at the Olympic Stadium. Yeah, there are a couple of days off in there . . . what to do, what to do?

Last tidbit from tonight's update . . . a city we have only played once before, and site of one of the best and most intense shows in 'Tallica history . . . Moscow on July 18th, this time at the Lushniki Stadium.

They're all Metallica shows, with of course a few cool opening bands that we'll let you in on as soon as all the details are sorted.

We have a few more shows in the works, so we'll get back to you soon as they're confirmed . . . keep watching here."

According to the Metallica Newsletter, the band would maybe even be hitting a certain band member's home turf.

Metallica "Sick of the Studio '07 Tour" dates so far:

Jul. 01 - Werchter, BEL @ Rock Werchter Festival
Jul. 03 - Athens, GRE @ Rockwave Festival
Jul. 05 - Vienna, AUT @ Rotundenplatz
Jul. 10 - Oslo, NOR @ Valle Hovin Stadion
Jul. 12 - Stockholm, SWE @ Stadion
Jul. 15 - Helsinki, FIN @ Olympic Stadium
Jul. 18 - Moscow, RUS @ Lushniki Stadium

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Event: Metallica: Sick Of The Studio Tour
Posted: 22.02.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 28   Visited by: 5 users
22.02.2007 - 16:55
Warman
Erotic Stains
I am so FUCKING GONNA BE THERE IN STOCKHOLM!!! HAIL METALLICA!!! No band means so much to me as these guys
----
22.02.2007 - 17:02
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
I've already seen them twice on Rock Werchter Festival... not sure yet if I'm willing to pay ?75 for a third time (also Incubus and Mastodon [and more TBA] play on that day, but still).
Also Metallica isn't the headliner that day, but Faithless is... : So their set won't be as long as the other two times either.

They should rename the whole thing to Pop Werchter anyway...
----
Your favorite band sucks.
22.02.2007 - 17:18
Sheol
Awsome!
22.02.2007 - 17:27
Silhouette
Perhaps one should try to get a ticket for the show in Stockholm?
Would be quite something to get to see Metallica at least once before it's too late.

Silhouette
22.02.2007 - 18:19
Carrion
Account deleted
Hm, I'll try to get a ticket to the Helsinki gig.. If I don't, I'll "just" go to see Celtic Frost and Kreator on april.
22.02.2007 - 18:40
Bitch Boy
I wonder if they will come to Mexico at least once in this lifetime
22.02.2007 - 19:18
matthioso
Written by Thryce on 22.02.2007 at 17:02

I've already seen them twice on Rock Werchter Festival... not sure yet if I'm willing to pay ?75 for a third time (also Incubus and Mastodon [and more TBA] play on that day, but still).
Also Metallica isn't the headliner that day, but Faithless is... : So their set won't be as long as the other two times either.

Are you shure about that nog headlining stuff, because on the site of rock werchter the biggest name (with that I mean the name in the largest letters) is Metallica.
anyway, I'm not even shure either if I go, I mean, I like Metallica a lot, but ?75 for one band is a lot of money so it will depend on if there will be another band I want to see.
----
www.seedofrock.be
22.02.2007 - 19:29
Jay
Perkele
jay. more shitload...
----
This one goes to 11
22.02.2007 - 19:57
RavenLord
Written by Silhouette on 22.02.2007 at 17:27

Would be quite something to get to see Metallica at least once before it's too late.

Too late for what? Before they drop the guitars and start collaborating with Jay-Z?
----
22.02.2007 - 23:12
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
COME TO PORTUGAL!!!!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.02.2007 - 00:56
Der Meister
Account deleted
A concert in Stockholm, eh! If they promise to play a good bunch of old songs then I'm so gonna try to get there!
23.02.2007 - 07:32
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by RavenLord on 22.02.2007 at 19:57

Written by Silhouette on 22.02.2007 at 17:27

Too late for what? Before they drop the guitars and start collaborating with Jay-Z?

Owned

I haven't thought about this before, but what kinda bands do they usually get to open for them these days?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
23.02.2007 - 10:01
Asitis
lol, I already see it happening :') Metallica & Snoop Dogg.
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
23.02.2007 - 10:10
Eight
Shapeshifter
Written by Asitis on 23.02.2007 at 10:01

----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
23.02.2007 - 14:13
ChristianMetaler
Account deleted
Why is Metallica sick of the studio? Is it cause they finally realized that the music they are creating has turned out to be shit?

Hmm perhaps they should tour with Trivium while they're at it lol.
23.02.2007 - 14:52
Carrion
Account deleted
Written by Eight on 23.02.2007 at 10:10

Written by Asitis on 23.02.2007 at 10:01

They've actually done a song with Ja Rule, it's called "We did it again" or something like that..
24.02.2007 - 05:17
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
@Forlorn son:
Metallica with snoop dogg?
----
that which shines without names and forms...
24.02.2007 - 05:40
Iced Digger
Account deleted
Why can;t Metallica just die?
24.02.2007 - 12:03
Silhouette
Written by Guest on 24.02.2007 at 05:40

Why can;t Metallica just die?

Most legends become legends after they die, and since Metallica are legendary already, that would really be hell, don't You think?

On the other side, those guys probably don't have very long time left to live anyway. That might have been what I meant with too late, but yeah, there are some other serious threats as well.

Silhouette
24.02.2007 - 13:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
if they come to romania(which isn't all that far away from russia), i'm pretty sure i'll go.. i'd DEFINETELY go if they play a lot of the 80s stuff(especially kill 'em all), no nothing else matters or st. anger bullcrap.
the horsemen are drawing nearer
24.02.2007 - 19:58
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Guest on 23.02.2007 at 14:13

Why is Metallica sick of the studio? Is it cause they finally realized that the music they are creating has turned out to be shit?

The thing was that fans (from the Metallica Fan Club) could make proposals for names for the Summer Tour. And a guy called TR3NDKILLR came up with "Sick Of The Studio Tour"... so, from there.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=600140
----
24.02.2007 - 21:06
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by matthioso on 22.02.2007 at 19:18

Are you shure about that nog headlining stuff, because on the site of rock werchter the biggest name (with that I mean the name in the largest letters) is Metallica.

I found that on the Faithless website, "Faithless will close the Rock Werchter 2007 festival in Belgium this summer, headlining the final day on July 1st."

But that message was posted on 9 Febr., so maybe Metallica announced their appearance after that date, so it may be possible that "The Schuer" will give the headliner position to Metallica, since they're - of course - more worth it and...

Anyway, he better does that for the credibility of his Rock Werchter Festival :
----
25.02.2007 - 01:02
SacredBlade
Plastica is what they should be called... MEGADETH rules my friends !!!
25.02.2007 - 02:09
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Pretty Cool I guess now if I could get some US tour dates.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
25.02.2007 - 08:57
HeathenBlood
Account deleted
So what??...metallica is not METALLICA now
25.02.2007 - 21:12
The Count
Account deleted
Metallica is not what it used to be, and never will be again. Everytime Lars opens his mouth they go more downhill. Cliff and Jason are better bass players then the "thing" they got now. I would not go and see them even if the show was FREE. A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
25.02.2007 - 21:28
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Guest on 25.02.2007 at 08:57

So what??...metallica is not METALLICA now

Written by Guest on 25.02.2007 at 21:12

Metallica is not what it used to be, and never will be again. Everytime Lars opens his mouth they go more downhill. Cliff and Jason are better bass players then the "thing" they got now. I would not go and see them even if the show was FREE. A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

People should realize that Metallica play of course most of their classics with only a couple of news songs on a show. Metallica on stage, lean more towards Metallica from the olden days, because of the fact they play those good old songs. And it's that what matters, right? It's those songs you want to hear, right?
Metallica are obviously still good live. All this despite the fact how bad you find them nowadays and despite the things band members say. What does anything Lars has said, has to do with the sound of Metallica? Band members, the band itself and the music the band plays are three different things you know. You should see those three things seperated from each other, and not let a bad thing some band member has said, influence your opinion about their music...

Of course, they play their classics on shows, and of course they're still good life!! And I can know, as said, I already saw them twice. Even once a few months after St Anger was released. Guess what, they only played 2 songs of it..

Of course they don't play the whole Load/Reload/St Anger albums (the album after the golden years everybody (like you guys) despises) :
----
09.06.2007 - 06:19
Gothya
@thryce: i gotta admitt you're so damn right, in all their shows they play more of their old stuff than the new one; and the current setlist is not exactly what i want to hear; you're also right with the 'lars' issue'

'bout me, i dont mind if they do it, but i guess i'd like to hear more of the newest stuff, the 'invisible kid', 'all within my hands', 'wasting my hate', 'bleeding me', 'ronnie' playing very loud, live and just go insane with them; but i think the majority of the 'fans' wouldnt like listening too much of this stuff, so could be ok the setlist they have been playing :

and i think they should play more of the load/reload/st anger stuff, no matter what; 'cause since when they care 'bout what people says? i mean i'm sure there always will be somebody(like me) who would go to their concerts even if they just play the loads era, and st anger era, trust me, i will be very happy
(...but maybe i'm just the only one )
----
OUR HEART MAKES THE PLANS,BUT IT IS THE LORD WHOM DIRECTS OUR STEPS

Hits total: 4375 | This month: 3