Metal Storm logo
Abbath - Puts Immortal To Rest, Moves On With Solo Band

It seems like the Legal Battles In The North over the Immortal's name/logo have ended without an agreement. The band's frontman Abbath has released a statement regarding the future of Immortal or rather the end. Essentially, Abbath will move on with a new band under his name and the name of Immortal, for the time being, will rest. Abbath will perform at Blastfest next year and already has announced a show in London this September as well.

Here is the full statement: "Immortal's frontman and founding member has been writing and rehearsing fervently, with a deluge of new material ready to be recorded; unable to come to an agreement in order move forward with the other members of the band, he has formed a new line up. Whilst grateful and respectful for the contributions of Demonaz, Horgh and Apollyon, the time is now right for Abbath to present his art to the world and continue to evolve the legacy.

"The next two years will see the release of a new album alongside select live performances - the first of these to be announced is The Forum in London on Friday 18th September. This will be Abbath's first time back on stage in the UK since triumphantly headlining Bloodstock Festival in 2011 alongside W.A.S.P. and Motörhead. Following this, February 2016 will see a return to playing on home soil as the headliner for the prestigious Blastfest in Bergen - on top of a 100% Norwegian line up.

"Abbath is a continued weaving of this artist's creative thread: new songs have been honed, ready to sit alongside classic Immortal material and rarely - if ever - played gems that will be unearthed from an epic catalogue spanning over two decades.

"Using his own name is a natural step for Abbath, having become iconic and synonymous with the band that he co-founded in 1990. That's 25 years of powering face first into the northern wind; a milestone for any band, and rather than exploit it by dragging Immortal's name through the mud, Abbath will instead carry his own on his back. The name of Immortal, for the time being, will rest; the essence, the power, the music - and Abbath - will not."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Immortal
Posted: 26.03.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 361 users
26.03.2015 - 13:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Such a sad sue, because Abbot needs Demonaz as Slash needs Axel, who will write a lyrics? Abboth has not wrote any single lyrics ... I have double feelings, show goes on, but quality ... we will see
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.03.2015 - 14:37
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Bad English on 26.03.2015 at 13:59

Such a sad sue, because Abbot needs Demonaz as Slash needs Axel, who will write a lyrics? Abboth has not wrote any single lyrics ... I have double feelings, show goes on, but quality ... we will see

I don't think the big blow is in the lyrical department (damn, he can write about so many things, or not necessarily he). The huge blow is the loss of Apollyon and especially Horgh who were two great musicians.
26.03.2015 - 14:50
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Nooooooooooo! One of my last remaining original second wave favorites. At least there's still Enslaved, but there isn't enough quality black thrash out there.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
26.03.2015 - 15:26
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Meh. they are old. they put out, what, one album in the past 12 years... sad, i guess, but ultimately not a big loss.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.03.2015 - 15:49
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 26.03.2015 at 13:59

Such a sad sue, because Abbot needs Demonaz as Slash needs Axel

World On Fire and Chinese Democracy would disagree.
26.03.2015 - 16:27
bblitz
Such a great band they were...
26.03.2015 - 16:41
Bananatron
Abbath decision.
26.03.2015 - 18:46
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
At least it's better than having two Immortals or something like Entombed or Queensrÿche did.

I love Immortal but it's been years since they've released something worthy.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.03.2015 - 20:39
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Abbath logo reminds me of Ghost's somehow.
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
26.03.2015 - 20:59
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Bananatron on 26.03.2015 at 16:41

Abbath decision.

Heh...heh...
26.03.2015 - 21:42
Froztken
Good. Abbath's music will go on at least. Can't wait to hear the new stuff.
26.03.2015 - 22:41
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Are they still going to take goofy promo photos together, though?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
27.03.2015 - 01:36
Opethian
Pure Holocaust will always be with me amongst my collection. Thank you IMMORTAL!!!!
27.03.2015 - 01:47
Mad Arab666
I guess even immortal wasn't "immortal"
----
Bring up the wolves head!
27.03.2015 - 03:33
sbgmetal
Written by flightoficarus on 26.03.2015 at 14:50

Nooooooooooo! One of my last remaining original second wave favorites. At least there's still Enslaved, but there isn't enough quality black thrash out there.

i kno, quality black thrash is very hard to find indeed
27.03.2015 - 04:17
sbgmetal
Hope demonaz releases another solo offering though
27.03.2015 - 05:38
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
Written by sbgmetal on 27.03.2015 at 03:33

I have been pimping this like crazy though. If you like the same stuff I do, you'll probably like it. Hopefully we'll get the new Absu this year as well.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
27.03.2015 - 10:16
toxx
Supreme being
Written by BitterCOld on 26.03.2015 at 15:26

Meh. they are old. they put out, what, one album in the past 12 years... sad, i guess, but ultimately not a big loss.

I agree. And that one album wasn't really that good either.
27.03.2015 - 10:42
Warman
Erotic Stains
I wanna frame that poster.
----
27.03.2015 - 11:03
s_t_s
Only album I have from them is "All Shall Fall" and while I like the album, I won't call it a master of piece. So, sorry folks, but I won't miss the band.
28.03.2015 - 21:13
Timelord
I wouldn't worry about "Immortal" being put on ice. Give it some time and when the rest of the band starts hurting for some cash they will have another reunion.
30.03.2015 - 02:44
sbgmetal
Written by flightoficarus on 27.03.2015 at 05:38

Written by sbgmetal on 27.03.2015 at 03:33

I have been pimping this like crazy though. If you like the same stuff I do, you'll probably like it. Hopefully we'll get the new Absu this year as well.

not too shabby some of the songs sounds like skeletonwitch in a few parts, and yes hopefully proscriptor releases something a lil more memorable this time
13.08.2015 - 14:10
Ziom
Demonaz and others are d***s. Waiting for Abbath.

Hits total: 4551 | This month: 9