Metal Storm logo
Tacere

23.02.2007 - 09:27
Lupas
Maximus
Tacere is a new diverse melodic metal band hailing fom the capital area of Finland. The band combines elements from different metal subgenres and has both male and female vocals - both clean and raspy (and growls). Tacere signed a recording contract with Suomen metalli musiikki (a sublabel of KHY Suomen musiikki Oy). They have just released their first album called "Beautiful Darkness "

More on their http://www.myspace.com/tacere

If you want something new from Finland , listen to them
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
23.02.2007 - 10:51
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I just saw their interview on tv. Interesting band, although they seemed like a bit boring people. There was a small clip from their gig at Finnish Metal Expo though and it sounded good. I may have to check them again.
----
You'll never walk alone.
23.02.2007 - 12:23
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Ernotar on 23.02.2007 at 10:51

they seemed like a bit boring people.

boring people
Why ? If you don't know them
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
23.02.2007 - 16:00
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I don't know, maybe they were just nervous because of being on tv. I guess they haven't done so many interviews yet and the interviewer was probably asking boring questions too. I had also seen COB guys being interviewed totally wasted in that same programme a couple of weeks earlier and that was hilarious, so compared to that Tacere were a bit lame. But seriously, I suppose there's nothing wrong with them or their music.
----
You'll never walk alone.
23.02.2007 - 16:09
Lupas
Maximus
@Ernotar

I think that this was their first ever interview
But did you listen to them, they are quite good. I have found their mini cd and they have talent.
----
23.02.2007 - 16:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know them from www.mikseri.fi hope spell corect loink there was some mp3 but well I delete it because IMO Embazed are much better
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.02.2007 - 20:03
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ lupas Maybe the first tv interview, there have been some interviews in the Finnish metal magazines even before. I haven't spent much time listening to them, so let's just say they aren't bad.
----
You'll never walk alone.
23.02.2007 - 20:34
Lupas
Maximus
@Ernotar

Well, ok. Let put aside the interview and just listen to their music
----
25.02.2007 - 22:54
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Finally I found some time to have a closer look to their MySpace site. I have to say, I'm impressed. I listened to a couple of samples and they were pretty decent. I liked the backgrounds of "Deep Tears of Tragedy" a lot. For some reason the voice of the female singer doesn't sound good in my ears though.

Anyway, Tacere will be performing just 3km from my home next month, so I may have to go and see the gig.
----
You'll never walk alone.
25.02.2007 - 23:03
SoFi
Account deleted
Karisakis7:
There have never been any official material from Tacere at mikseri.net. Those were all old demo stuff and have now actually been removed from that site....

Ernotar:
And about that interview, I didn't think that they were boring, I think that the interviewers sucked. And what I've read from discussions from tacere.net forum (I'm a regular there) I've gotten the picture that Karri of Tacere had not really been sleeping after Finnish metal expo (they were playing there on saturday and totally ruled!) only partying and so I think they were quite hangover, I think that both of them... And even the interviewers seemed that way! ... hence the low energy level in the interview (wasn't even the Tacere competition question related to hangover?)

I have followed Tacere since their first demos, and I've always liked them. Though the new stuff, the first official releases are really really good. If someone has only heard the mikseri demos then I think they should check out the new stuff, because it's lightyears from the old (not that I think that the demos were bad either). They also have a great new video.
25.02.2007 - 23:14
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ SoFi Well, I agree, the interviewer sucked big time, he always does... Must've been the hangover then. And yes, the competition question was something about what kind of hangover Tacere would be... I wish I had been in FME. Instead I spent that Saturday on a cruise (Abi...), puking most of the time due to the windy weather.
----
You'll never walk alone.
01.03.2007 - 19:06
Lupas
Maximus
@Sofi

ABout that video, could you give us a link to see it ?:idea:
----
02.03.2007 - 10:39
victim
Check this: http://www.myspace.com/tacere
05.03.2007 - 13:02
SoFi
Account deleted
Written by Lupas on 01.03.2007 at 19:06

@Sofi

ABout that video, could you give us a link to see it ?:idea:

Yeah sure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPSNXdHEYKI
27.03.2007 - 05:14
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I'm just getting a chance to listen to Tacere's full CD today, and I am really enjoying what I've heard! They have a unique sound to them, yet have lots of influence from the current metal scene too. I really didn't know what to expect, but am pleased Helena and Karri both have some great vocal work... it's slightly rough at times but actually I like my vocals that way

The video is nicely done too, thanks for the link SoFi! It's not groundbreaking, but still a well done music video

Has anyone else had a chance to hear the full CD yet?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
27.03.2007 - 23:23
Door
Account deleted
I've heard their single "Deep Tears of Tragedy" a couple of times, and read a couple of reviews of their album "Beautiful Darkness". I think they're worth checking out, at least. They've gotten some pretty good reviews.
11.05.2007 - 01:19
HeathenHeart
what does any of this have to do with To-Mera?
----
Hold the Heathen Hammer Highest of all your goals
27.09.2007 - 12:25
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I just found out a few days ago that Karri from Tacere is in the same school with me. Haven't seen him around though. Wonder why...
----
You'll never walk alone.
27.09.2007 - 12:43
KryptoN
imperceptible
Had a chance to see them live last weekend when they were Amorphis' warm-ups, but I just sat around in the back with friends instead (and I don't regret it). I listened to their new album before that and found it very boring apart from a few decent songs. I have to say their instrumental sound was good live, I'd say it sounded much better live than on the CD... The female vocalist was simply horrible though (male vocals weren't good either), almost made my head explode. The parts without vocals were kind of enjoyable though.