Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Guitarist Kiko Loureiro Officially Joins

A few weeks ago, it was only a rumour but it is now official, Angra's guitarist Kiko Loureiro has joined Megadeth! Last week, the band announced that drummer Chris Adler would join the band in the studio for their new album, and now the first new member is introduced. Kiko is known for his work in Angra as well as his solo career. What do you think of this choice for Megadeth?

Main man Dave Mustaine had this to say about the new addition: "I first met Kiko around 8 years ago for a cover shoot for Burrn! magazine. I had no idea who he was, other than the fact he was tremendously talented and that the staff from Burrn! held him in high regard. Since then I've come to see what a guitar virtuoso he is, and I'm deeply encouraged by his depth and talent. Very few Megadeth alumni have had the same feel and ability as Kiko. As Frank Sinatra says, "the best is yet to come!"

Kiko Loureiro's other band Angra fully supports him joining Megadeth. You can read their statements about the matter here. They are mostly proud and happy he got this opportunity.

Courtesy of the band

First pic of Dave Mustaine, Kiko Loureiro and Chris Adler

Source: megadeth.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 03.04.2015 by Josh Gottret

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 246 users
03.04.2015 - 13:36
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
I LOVE Kiko Loureiro
03.04.2015 - 13:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I don't like might e Arch Enemy way ... to me well its like I don't like Black Sabbath drummer now, I don't like Angra, more pop, pop music whit metal elements now, so basically this band might die to me soon
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.04.2015 - 13:53
Frombelow

@Bad English: I guess your name says it all

I guess it can be very interesting to see what some fresh blood will do to the direction of Megadeth. He will not have contributed much to the new album so we have to wait for the next one to see what his influence will be.
03.04.2015 - 14:47
bblitz

I don't know much about this guy,I've listened to Angra couple of times.nothing special.
In general Dave always picked up amazingly talented guitarists...I wish best to Kiko.
03.04.2015 - 17:42
AberrantBeing

Maybe this will be the album where Dave Mustaine will replace Vic on the cover. He's starting to look real haggard.
03.04.2015 - 18:19
Ruchesko

Enjoy the payday, Kiko, you've earned it.
03.04.2015 - 18:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I love how MegaDave calls the previous guitarists "alumni" like he is the teacher or something and they are all learning in the university of Megadeth lol

Not the obvious choice, I didn't see that coming, but I haven't cared for Megadeth for a few years now. The times I saw them live, they were good though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.04.2015 - 19:04
The Evergreen

I'm actually a little excited and a lot impressed. I think this a good move on Dave's part.
The proof, of course, will be in the music. Megadeth has a lot of ground to make up.
03.04.2015 - 19:10
Maco
Pvt Funderground
When I read Angra's members response, I started to respect them a little bit more.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
03.04.2015 - 19:15
Aries Rising

What's the point of getting talented guys like Chris and Kiko if MegaDave is just going to force them to play a certain way? I mean look at Chris Broderick. I feel that he was not used to his fullest potential in Megadeth and I feel Kiko and Chris Adler will be the same story.
03.04.2015 - 21:20
FelixtheMetalcat

Interesting choice but I am willing to take a good listen to hear what happens. I agree with the others that have stated Dave has a tendency to make his new "alumni" play a certain way. When seeing them play live a few times w/ Broderick on board, he did play some extended leads etc that really put his playing in good light. But frankly, until Dave lets someone else have some input in the songwriting, I doubt Megadeth has much left in the tank.
04.04.2015 - 01:23
DeathSlyzer

Never did I expect there to be a link between Megadeth and Angra. I never thought I'd see those two names in the same sentence.

The thing is, about 5-6 years ago, I discovered Megadeth and after some time had passed, I was not afraid to call them my favorite band. Around 2012-2013 I started listening to a lot of other stuff, and had a good break from thrash. I haven't really listened much to it after that, and Angra was one of the bands I really grew to like in that period.

So it's pretty mind-boggling for me to see this happen. I too didn't see that coming. I'm not gonna say the result will be awesome just because I've liked a lot of stuff from both bands. Super Collider was utter shit, and I actually didn't like the new Angra album as much as I thought I would. It will be interesting to see where this goes nonetheless.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
05.04.2015 - 22:51
Dead Eternity
Account deleted
I thought it was an April Fools joke

Well, as long as Kiko doesn't quit Angra...
06.04.2015 - 06:10
Traezeus

Well, I was interested when Adler joined for the upcoming album, but now I'm REALLY interested. I don't like Angra but Kiko's solo work is bad-fucking-ass. I will be looking forward to any actual material they unveil.
07.04.2015 - 10:59
DeathSlyzer

Written by deadone on 06.04.2015 at 01:41

Written by DeathSlyzer on 04.04.2015 at 01:23

Never did I expect there to be a link between Megadeth and Angra. I never thought I'd see those two names in the same sentence.

Same could be said about Megadeth and Lamb Of God.

Interesting additions to say the least.

Yeah. Most definitely.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
08.04.2015 - 07:52
Fat & Sassy!

Had to make sure it wasn't still April 1st. What a world, WHAT A WORLD.

Hits total: 3823 | This month: 4