Metal Storm logo
I think it's about time there was a television channel for metal

Original post

Posted by vgmaster9, 04.04.2015 - 06:30
Do you think we're overdue for a TV channel that plays nothing but metal music? It would be like MTV and VH1, but just strictly metal stuff. Music videos would be played from bands of genres from heavy metal, to thrash metal, to death metal, to black metal, to doom metal, to power metal, to progressive metal, to gothic metal, to folk metal, to industrial metal, to avant garde metal, and everywhere in between, while stuff like alternative metal and metalcore would be kept at a very minimum.

Shows could include a reality show where metalheads live in a house together and do things like hang out at metal bars and go to metal concerts and festivals. Another show would be a talent show reminiscent of shows like American Idol and The Voice, where they find metal bands from countries like USA, UK, Sweden, Germany, Finland, Norway, etc to compete for getting a record deal from a major metal label (Metal Blade, Century Media, or Nuclear Blast). Bands of just about any metal genre would be accepted. Various documentaries revolving around metal would also be aired on there, like stuff from Sam Dunn.

Do you think it would be great if we had a channel like that?
09.04.2015 - 02:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We have I net , we don't need to see all those videos on TV anymore
VH1 , VH1 classics In old days had good metal, rock vids
French MCM2 had total metal(tuasday 18:00 - 21-00), Polish VIVA , hells kitchen, sunday at 23:00, Cz music channel Ochko Fridays at 23:00, all times in a CET
MTV had headbangers ball
Mtv2 rarely had some alt metal
Italians has Rock Tv

I have not watch music TV 6 years so I dunno what is going on, but still I don't think now it will make sence as pre I net days
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.04.2015 - 16:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Speaking of VH1, Headbangers ball is still on?
16.04.2015 - 04:56
vgmaster9

If it were to be a channel specialized in metal, there can be plenty of non-metal bands that could be featured, like Rush, Alice in Chains, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Misfits, Hatebreed, Graveyard, and tons more.
16.04.2015 - 05:27
Guib
Thrash Talker
I don't know, I don't feel like it would be viable, especially if it's a free channel. I seriously doubt the quality it would have
and then again the market for this kind of channels is not what it used to be, in Canada anyways, I can't talk for other countries.

I mean, with internet nowadays do we really need this ? That's just a thought.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.04.2015 - 05:51
no one
Account deleted
No we don't?guibs back
16.04.2015 - 07:44
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by deadone on 16.04.2015 at 06:08

We need a heavy metal reality show or docos featuring lives of metalheads.

It'd be interesting stuff with such amazing footage of metalheads lgetting out of bed at lunch time, smoking bongs and playing Playstation or watching DVDs until its time to crawl into bed, all in the squalor of their own homes! Feel the tension as stoned metalheads debate such important issues as at which point did Metallica sell out or is Darkthrone still kvlt? Feel their pain during such emotional trials as when they run out of weed and booze or their joy when they hear the latest Amon Amarth album, safe in the knowledge it's exactly the same as the other 8 studio albums. Understand such key metal philosophies as why if Opeth changes it's progressive but if it's Megadeth it's selling out. Or why it's ok for Amon Amarth to keep releasing the same fucking album every time but not for Cannibal Corpse (who have ironically displayed more evolution than Amon Amarth ever did). Understand that Black album is sold out mainstream drivel but Nightwish is a heartfelt emotional journey, even though it's essentially pop music and Black album still a metal album. Explore the history of metal and immerse yourself in the concept of the new stuff not being as good as the old stuff cause it's different or the same or changed or too heavy or too soft or lacking in aggression or just not old.

Sounds like a great show indeed.

HAHAHAHA, Deadone thanks, just thanks.
That was perfect... I laughed a tad too hard.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.04.2015 - 20:11
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Deadone has sold me on the concept.
05.06.2015 - 22:51
ADIresiduos

Written by Guib on 16.04.2015 at 05:27

I don't know, I don't feel like it would be viable, especially if it's a free channel. I seriously doubt the quality it would have
and then again the market for this kind of channels is not what it used to be, in Canada anyways, I can't talk for other countries.

I mean, with internet nowadays do we really need this ? That's just a thought.

I really don't think so; like you said: in the Internet we can find almost everything we look for. Just stream your videos to your TV, ad a 5.1 channel stereo system and your done!
08.06.2015 - 04:32
Ganondox

Anyone know how to setup a streaming service for videos like an online radio station?