14. I Wish I Were There [bonus]
15. Wicked Game [bonus]
16. Free World [bonus]
17. Nightmare [bonus]
18. More Than A Lifetime [bonus]

Staff review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
All-told, I guess I can count myself pretty darn fortunate to have gotten my hands on the new Helloween prior to its release, so I could dribble out a few choice zingers on the internet for total strangers to read as if I know something they don't (even if I wound up sitting on my adipose sarcophagus watching Parks & Rec all day and had to wait until after the release date to listen to it like a regular chump-asaurus). I just wish this had happened two, five, or possibly 28 years ago.

Read more ››
published 31.05.2015 | Comments (19)

Found in 25 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 37   Visited by: 728 users
12.04.2015 - 00:34
Rating: 9
Metal Invader

I just heard "Lost In America" track and its pretty good!!
Reminds me of the "Future World" and "Who Is Mr. Madman?" songs..hope the rest of the album is that good!
13.04.2015 - 21:28
Metal Invader

Written by deadone on 13.04.2015 at 02:32

Lost In America?

Is that an Alice Cooper cover?

No
17.04.2015 - 00:33
Metal Invader

Well 2/2 for Helloween Battle's Won is pretty nice song imo!
19.05.2015 - 01:59
Josh Gottret

Just heard the album title song/video and I have to say, blow my mind!
I hoped something like that when I heard the first single!
Sounds great!!! Happy for that kind of songs in the new album!
22.05.2015 - 16:02
Metal Invader

Today, HELLOWEEN reveal the first (out of four) track-by-track trailers, incl. song snippets and comments on the tracks 'Heroes', 'Battle's Won', 'My God-Given Right' and 'Stay Crazy'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRWwEXL8tTI
23.05.2015 - 00:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Sounds promising

samples

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/helloween-first-part-of-my-god-given-right-track-by-track-breakdown/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.05.2015 - 21:33
Metal Invader

HELLOWEEN - My God-Given Right (OFFICIAL TRACK BY TRACK #2)
http://youtu.be/1Zgj-KZhVNE
28.05.2015 - 23:39
Rating: 7
Nicko's Nose

Creatures In Heaven is a great song!
29.05.2015 - 10:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The best songs on the album are Weiki's. "Claws" and "Battle's Won" are supreme power metal cuts. Andi's best song on the album is "Russian Roule'", there's some wicked riffage in that one! "Free World" and "Wicked Game" should have been on the album, as they are better than some of the regular album tracks.
29.05.2015 - 15:24
Rating: 4
hidden_ninja

This is just awful, it's like a boring train just huffing along - nothing exciting :-(
29.05.2015 - 16:42
savsaili
Account deleted
Stay crazy is the only track I dig in this.
29.05.2015 - 17:21
Metal Invader

Written by Angelic Storm on 29.05.2015 at 10:53

The best songs on the album are Weiki's. "Claws" and "Battle's Won" are supreme power metal cuts. Andi's best song on the album is "Russian Roule'", there's some wicked riffage in that one! "Free World" and "Wicked Game" should have been on the album, as they are better than some of the regular album tracks.

I Agree for that two bonus tracks and "Russian Roule" but i dont like "Claws"(Andi_s singin in that song) much
29.05.2015 - 17:32
Metal Invader

After few listening Imo this is better album then SOOH,yes there is no "wow" song like Nabataea but it have more good and great songs like "You,Still Of War","Creatures In Heaven","Russian Roule","MGGR" and more..And there is no songs like "Live Now" and "Asshole" imo
Only thing i dont like is "Living On The Edge" and "Claws" songs and maybe more bass guitar from Marcus G.
29.05.2015 - 19:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Metal Invader on 29.05.2015 at 17:32

After few listening Imo this is better album then SOOH,yes there is no "wow" song like Nabataea but it have more good and great songs like "You,Still Of War","Creatures In Heaven","Russian Roule","MGGR" and more..And there is no songs like "Live Now" and "Asshole" imo
Only thing i dont like is "Living On The Edge" and "Claws" songs and maybe more bass guitar from Marcus G.

I'd also say it's better than SOOH. In particular, the shorter catchier songs are much better on this album than the previous one. "Lost In America" is actually probably amongst the best examples of that type of song in Helloween's catalogue. And I love the wicked riff in "Russian Roule'".

I love "Claws", but I'd agree that "Living On The Edge" is a pretty forgettable song. And yep, the bass is mixed too low. I wish it was more prominent in the mix. Although there's a really cool bass break from Markus in "Nightmare".

Out of the bonus tracks, I like them all except "I Wish I Were There".
29.05.2015 - 20:39
Metal Invader

Written by Angelic Storm on 29.05.2015 at 19:52

Written by Metal Invader on 29.05.2015 at 17:32

I love "Claws", but I'd agree that "Living On The Edge" is a pretty forgettable song. And yep, the bass is mixed too low. I wish it was more prominent in the mix. Although there's a really cool bass break from Markus in "Nightmare".

Out of the bonus tracks, I like them all except "I Wish I Were There".

Well i dont like the begining of "Claws" cos Andi sings "as if he will get a heart attack" strange breaks and rhythm imo,later it's ok
Well i heard only 3 bonus tarcks and "Nightmare" is not there but i pre-ordered that limited earbook with that track so im just waiting to come
30.05.2015 - 01:51
Nicko's Nose

This better not have a lower rating than shitty Straight Out of Hell (their worst album).
30.05.2015 - 02:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
As a bit of fun, I thought I'd put MGGR up against SOOH on a song vs song basis. (Note: This is only my opinion! lol)

1. Heroes vs Nabatea (Winner - Nabatea)
2. Battle's Won vs World Of War (this was a very hard choice for me, as I love both songs, but I very slightly prefer Battle's Won I think!)
3. My God-Given Right vs Live Now! (Winner- My God Given-Right)
4. Stay Crazy vs Far From The Stars (Winner - Far From The Stars)
5. Lost In America vs Burning Sun (Winner - Burning Sun)
6. Russian Roule' vs Waiting For The Thunder (Winner - Russian Roule')
7. The Swing Of A Fallen World vs Hold Me In Your Arms (Winner - The Swing Of A Fallen World)
8. Like Everybody Else vs Wanna Be God (Winner - Like Everybody Else)
9. Creatures In Heaven vs Straight Out Of Hell (Winner - Creatures In Heaven)
10. If God Loves Rock 'n' Roll vs Asshole (Winner - If God Loves Rock 'n' Roll)
11. Living On The Edge vs Years (Winner - Years)
12. Claws vs Make Fire Catch The Fly (Winner - Claws)
13. You, Still Of War vs Church Breaks Down (Winner - Church Breaks Down)

MGGR wins 8-5.
30.05.2015 - 08:12
hidden_ninja

I have a simple trick, i click a song scroll to the center then click next song and scroll to the center - if all songs sound similar, then it's a shitty generic album!

MGGR is exactly that.
01.06.2015 - 07:02
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Angelic Storm on 30.05.2015 at 02:56

As a bit of fun, I thought I'd put MGGR up against SOOH on a song vs song basis. (Note: This is only my opinion! lol)

1. Heroes vs Nabatea (Winner - Nabatea)
2. Battle's Won vs World Of War (this was a very hard choice for me, as I love both songs, but I very slightly prefer Battle's Won I think!)
3. My God-Given Right vs Live Now! (Winner- My God Given-Right)
4. Stay Crazy vs Far From The Stars (Winner - Far From The Stars)
5. Lost In America vs Burning Sun (Winner - Burning Sun)
6. Russian Roule' vs Waiting For The Thunder (Winner - Russian Roule')
7. The Swing Of A Fallen World vs Hold Me In Your Arms (Winner - The Swing Of A Fallen World)
8. Like Everybody Else vs Wanna Be God (Winner - Like Everybody Else)
9. Creatures In Heaven vs Straight Out Of Hell (Winner - Creatures In Heaven)
10. If God Loves Rock 'n' Roll vs Asshole (Winner - If God Loves Rock 'n' Roll)
11. Living On The Edge vs Years (Winner - Years)
12. Claws vs Make Fire Catch The Fly (Winner - Claws)
13. You, Still Of War vs Church Breaks Down (Winner - Church Breaks Down)

MGGR wins 8-5.

The results may vary if you reshuffle the standings.
02.06.2015 - 15:49
Rating: 8
Cobrica40

Highlight's on this album for me are songs You Still Of War, The Swing Of A Fallen World and catchier songs Lost In America, Stay Crazy. My opinion very good, i like Helloween, it's better then Rabbit's album
05.06.2015 - 17:31
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
Written by hidden_ninja on 30.05.2015 at 08:12

I have a simple trick, i click a song scroll to the center then click next song and scroll to the center - if all songs sound similar, then it's a shitty generic album!

MGGR is exactly that.

Taking into account that you gave Hail To The King by Avenged Sevenfold a 10 and that effect occurs, I think you forgot to do it on that one
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
05.06.2015 - 19:05
joshsteph

Well, for me they didn't top SOOH with this. There are a few interesting moments, but that's all for me. It's a good album though. I was expecting more melodies, more memorable choruses like on the previous one.
10.06.2015 - 09:06
hidden_ninja

Written by Dark Forever on 05.06.2015 at 17:31

Written by hidden_ninja on 30.05.2015 at 08:12

MGGR is exactly that.

Taking into account that you gave Hail To The King by Avenged Sevenfold a 10 and that effect occurs, I think you forgot to do it on that one

It does, but the good songs weight up the bad ones - that's no the case here.
17.06.2015 - 16:31
Mountain King
K i K o
This album is definitely a grower. I'm liking it more day after day, recommended to listen to through ear phone or head phones...Favorite songs: Swing Of A Fallen World (My favorite), Battle's Won (Great chorus), You, Still Of War, Heroes (Nice riff and great ending), My God-Given Right. The other songs have their moments too but those are the best...
17.06.2015 - 21:27
Metal Invader

Written by Mountain King on 17.06.2015 at 16:31

This album is definitely a grower. I'm liking it more day after day, recommended to listen to through ear phone or head phones...

I recommend the opposite..this album is too fun to not share (loud) with your neighbors!!
And i wish to add "Free World","Nightmare" and "Wicked Game" (bonus tracks) to your list..they are great songs imo!
18.06.2015 - 09:25
slim pickings
Account deleted
A grower for me as well, the songs are so catchy, they stick in my head for a while and stay there
18.06.2015 - 09:33
Warman
Erotic Stains
Weird album. A lot of songs. About a half is pretty boring, the rest really catchy.
----
18.06.2015 - 14:01
Vikcen
Metálico
The album starts awesome with the first four songs, after it has a nice comeback again with songs like: Creatures In Heaven , If God Loves Rock 'N' Roll, Living On The Edge, You, Still Of War .

I want more Happy Metal!!!
06.07.2015 - 13:20
Rating: 8
Cobrica40

Yes, Happy Metal is the style on this album... I like it too
26.03.2017 - 10:11
Rating: 6
Necrodamus

Previous two were much better. Disappointed when I originally listened to this. Hopefully the next one will be better

Hits total: 15535 | This month: 22