Metal Storm logo
Nevermore - Hope To Release New Album Within Two Years

Things have been pretty quiet on Nevermore's camp. It's only natural after guitar virtuoso Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams left the band back in 2011, leaving singer Warrel Dane and bassist Jim Sheppard to themselves. Since then, Jeff Loomis has been busy with other projects including his solo work, Conquering Dystopia and now Arch Enemy. Drummer Van Williams has dedicated his time to Ashes Of Ares and Ghost Ship Octavius while Warrel Dane and Jim Sheppard returned with Sanctuary. But now the vocalist claims that he has lyrics for a new Nevermore album, which he hopes to release within the next two years. It's possible but we will have to wait and see.

Speaking to Menina Headbanger, Dane revealed that there is support from the record company for another album and that the band is not over: "No, Nevermore is not dead. I have secret plans. I have secret plans. I had all the lyrics written for a new Nevermore record right after... When Jeff and Van both decided to leave the band... The band didn't break up. They left the band. I had all the lyrics written for the next [album] - all of them. [It was] kind of a conceptual thing and continuing with the tradition of all the Nevermore lyrics that were evolving and turning into a perpetual story. And there's a possibility that, yeah, there will be another one. There's support there from the record company, probably. There's support from other people involved in the business that would mean maybe it would be a good idea to do another one. So don't be surprised if there is a new Nevermore record within the next two years."

He also stated that he hopes Jeff Loomis will be on the record: "But I don't know who will be in the band. All I can say is that I will be, Jim Sheppard will definitely be... I would love for Jeff Loomis to do it, but he's in Arch Enemy now, so I don't know if that's possible. Because we're not enemies. We don't talk much, but we're definitely not enemies. We didn't part on bad terms, so... We'll see."

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Nevermore
Posted: 15.04.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 232 users
15.04.2015 - 12:52
Zap
Well, if Loomis decides to rejoin I can see myself getting excited.
15.04.2015 - 13:36
Ilham
Giant robot
Well. Good-ish, I guess.
15.04.2015 - 13:36
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Zap on 15.04.2015 at 12:52

Or if he doesn't. Loomis' work on recent albums has been more and more boring and repetitive. The one exception being This Godless Endeavor where Steve Smyth had a major say in. I'm more worried about Jim though. He hasn't been on stage with Sanctuary for the most part of the tour and rumor has it he won't fully recover. I'm actually most excited about whom Dane will reform the band with.
----
15.04.2015 - 13:46
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by corrupt on 15.04.2015 at 13:36

I'm more worried about Jim though. He hasn't been on stage with Sanctuary for the most part of the tour and rumor has it he won't fully recover. I'm actually most excited about whom Dane will reform the band with.

What happened to him? I don't know how I feel about this. It seems like in my heart Nevermore is over and if they return with another half-assed album, it won't be worth it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.04.2015 - 13:48
Zap
Written by corrupt on 15.04.2015 at 13:36

Written by Zap on 15.04.2015 at 12:52

Or if he doesn't. Loomis' work on recent albums has been more and more boring and repetitive.

I don't like any of Loomis' work outside Nevermore, but I like pretty much everything that band did (yes, even the much hated The Obsidian Conspiracy), so I'm more afraid of the next Nevermore album being a Warrel Dane solo album or another The Year The Sun Died when Loomis is not in it. Therefore I want Loomis in there. Although he doesn't work well on his own, he's a key element of what made Nevermore great to me.

EDIT: although Steve Smyth rejoining would get me sort of excited as well.
15.04.2015 - 13:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Jeff is just guitarist, everybody can replace him, Dane is main man here, so
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.04.2015 - 14:54
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by BloodTears on 15.04.2015 at 13:46
What happened to him? I don't know how I feel about this. It seems like in my heart Nevermore is over and if they return with another half-assed album, it won't be worth it.

He had a brain tumor removed, remember? I caught their tour manager by chance on a show last year and he told me Jim was in bad condition. He wasn't playing that night and the tour management was uncertain as to whether that would happen again at all.
----
15.04.2015 - 17:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Bad English on 15.04.2015 at 13:50

If it was like that, line-up changes wouldn't matter. He wrote amazing stuff in Nevermore. Unless they bring in someone like Broderick or Steve Smyth, it will be very different.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.04.2015 - 17:51
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I'll probably give this a peek once it's out, but totally not getting my hopes up for anything remarkably consistent. There's just been too much variation in sound lately between Dane's solo work, Loomis's solo work, and the new Sanctuary album, I doubt it'd be easy for them all to get together again and pull off an excellently cohesive Nevermore sound. Especially after that terrible Obsidian Conspiracy album, which clearly demonstrated the cracks in the band and the gravitation of members more towards their own individual sounds
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
15.04.2015 - 18:39
Darkside Momo
Retired
Echoing the careful approach here. Would be interested as there's a little spark of hope ignited, but cautiously waiting for 1) the line-up 2) to see the album actually recorded.
Written by Bad English on 15.04.2015 at 13:50

Just NO. Nevermore's sound was unique because of the Loomis + Dane (+ Williams) association.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
16.04.2015 - 00:22
TrollandDie

Happy news to come back home to.

Even with the latest Sanctuary and Nevermore being disappointing, I still have high expectations.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
16.04.2015 - 01:37
JayMo4

Don't know how optimistic I am, but I'll certainly check it out when it drops.
16.04.2015 - 15:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Darkside Momo on 15.04.2015 at 18:39

Just NO. Nevermore's sound was unique because of the Loomis + Dane (+ Williams) association.

other guitarist can play specially lice, unless its not Johan or Zakk who says we will play grindcore or Ozzy rip off sound and you Warrel will sing it can work
Harder is find vocalist, new Sanctimony sounds better as I expected , better as old, half Sanctimony, half nevermore , still possible, we can judge after it will be out
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.04.2015 - 23:15
nb

Yes, new Nevermore album would be awesome, but they need to really get Loomis on board.
09.08.2017 - 03:19
ohmayhem

Welp, they didn't do it :\
09.08.2017 - 03:35
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by ohmayhem on 09.08.2017 at 03:19

Welp, they didn't do it :\

Sadly. I'll try to ask Loomis about this when I'll catch Arch Enemy's tour next year...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"

Hits total: 4554 | This month: 6