Metal Storm logo
Metal United Down Under 2015 - More Details Announced

Metal United Down Under (MUDU), an ambitious project which aims to give Australian artists another avenue for exposure and raise further international awareness for Australian metal, went off without a hitch in 2014.

The organizers promise to make the event even bigger and better and recruited promoters from all 8 Australian states and territories to once again join for a united night of metal on 10 October 2015.

While last year's event saw 90 Australian metal bands play in 13 cities across the country, for 2015 a total of 19 promoters in 16 cities have joined the MUDU project thus far and the organizers feel confident that the 100 band mark should be reached comfortably.

In addition to Metal Storm, a slew of international media outlets, Canada's Bravewords, US based Metal Rules, Austrian Stormbringer and Germany's metal magazines Legacy just to name a few, partnered up with MUDU to support this aspiring project. Further support comes from the The Australian Metal and Rock Institute (ARMI) which is based in Adelaide/SA, the label Battlegod Productions from Sydney/NSW and the promotion companies Blade Promotions & Management (Sydney/NSW), Metal Glass Promotions (Perth/WA), Tasmanian Metal Syndicate (Hobart/TAS) and Ungrateful Dead Promotions (Perth/WA & Brisbane/QLD).

Cities participating in MUDU are: Adelaide, Bendigo, Brisbane, Bunbury, Bundaberg, Byron Bay, Canberra, Darwin, Gladstone, Hobart, Melbourne, Nambour, Newcastle, Perth, Sydney, and Wollongong.

The promoters are now picking their bands for this massive event you can check HERE for a list of already confirmed venues.

In the meantime, all updates can be found at the official Metal United Down Under (MUDU) website as well as on the Twitter and Facebook page of Metal Roos; the main organizer of this event.

Source: metal-roos.com.au
Posted: 15.04.2015 by D.T. Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 20 users
16.04.2015 - 10:01
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Never heard of Bunbury.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.04.2015 - 11:34
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by deadone on 16.04.2015 at 12:45

Very cool. Shame they're not coming to Launceston - our population matches some of those they're traveling to.

Yeah, I would've thought you guys would out number at least Nambour and Gladstone. And nothing north of Bundaberg (except Darwin), Cairns and Townsville not metal enough?
----
18.04.2015 - 04:07
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by deadone on 18.04.2015 at 01:41

Written by M C Vice on 17.04.2015 at 11:34

Yeah, I would've thought you guys would out number at least Nambour and Gladstone. And nothing north of Bundaberg (except Darwin), Cairns and Townsville not metal enough?

Yep - Launceston population of about 75,000 (100,000 in wider space) v Nambour population of 16,000.

Looked up a list, Launceston is bigger than 5 of them. Although I can understand Byron, 'cause they always draw a crowd for Bluesfest.
----
19.04.2015 - 12:55
Metal-Roos
Written by deadone on 18.04.2015 at 04:31

Written by M C Vice on 18.04.2015 at 04:07

Looked up a list, Launceston is bigger than 5 of them. Although I can understand Byron, 'cause they always draw a crowd for Bluesfest.

Probably a lack of decent promoter more than anything.

Yes, we couldn't get a promoter in Launceston, Cairns and Townsville. If you know anybody, let us know.

Hits total: 1711 | This month: 5