03. Mammoth Rider
04. Blood Sacrifice
05. Iron Brotherhood
06. Necropolis [Manilla Road cover]
07. Vengeance
08. Creature Of Desire
09. From The Arcane Mists Of Prophecy

Additional info
Recorded and mixed by Andy Patterson at Boar's Nest Studio.
Mastered by Alan Douches at West West Side Music.

Artwork by Dan Capp and Kris Verwimp.
Layout by Brian Ames.

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 249 users
16.04.2015 - 18:01
Rating: 7
Joppe
Steelemeister
I can hear potential here, the songs are ok but quite forgettable. The Manilla Road cover is great, wish they had more Manilla Roadness in addition to "Necropolis".
----
My vision is augmented
29.08.2016 - 17:28
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
I am liking this a lot, its not easy to find good pm these days. (not sure if its pm though, its maybe that what makes it good )
29.08.2016 - 18:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Joppe on 16.04.2015 at 18:01

The Manilla Road cover is great, wish they had more Manilla Roadness in addition to "Necropolis".

Dunno, the cover seems a bit pointless to me as it just emulates the original, verbatim. They could change it up a bit.

This doesn't sound bad though as an album.
29.08.2016 - 20:11
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Guest on 29.08.2016 at 18:15

Written by Joppe on 16.04.2015 at 18:01

The Manilla Road cover is great, wish they had more Manilla Roadness in addition to "Necropolis".

Dunno, the cover seems a bit pointless to me as it just emulates the original, verbatim. They could change it up a bit.

This doesn't sound bad though as an album.

Well I'm biased towards the song because the original one is one of my favorite HM songs. Indeed, it's nothing new, I just think no band could go wrong with this song
----
My vision is augmented
29.08.2016 - 20:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Joppe on 29.08.2016 at 20:11

Well I'm biased towards the song because the original one is one of my favorite HM songs. Indeed, it's nothing new, I just think no band could go wrong with this song

Well it's probably my favourite too, but I think I would just rather listen to the original if it's just going to copy it =P
29.08.2016 - 23:04
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Guest on 29.08.2016 at 20:22

Well it's probably my favourite too, but I think I would just rather listen to the original if it's just going to copy it =P

In this case, on this album, I think the cover plays a bigger role than usually. The band must've known this as well as they didn't place the cover as the last song. As I see it the album is lacking a shorter hit type of song that is highly memorable, hence the cover song, and for whatever reason the band chose not to write such song by themselves. While it's not the most original sounding cover, it's the first song that comes to my mind whenever I hear about this album and I think it's the standout track here.

But if I am to choose, I'd too rather listen the original one.
----
My vision is augmented
30.08.2016 - 01:19
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Joppe on 29.08.2016 at 23:04

As I see it the album is lacking a shorter hit type of song that is highly memorable, hence the cover song, and for whatever reason the band chose not to write such song by themselves.

You dont think this is a highly memorable radio hit song? To me it has a nice Madonna or Jackson type of feeling

30.08.2016 - 20:55
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Guest on 30.08.2016 at 01:19

Written by Joppe on 29.08.2016 at 23:04

As I see it the album is lacking a shorter hit type of song that is highly memorable, hence the cover song, and for whatever reason the band chose not to write such song by themselves.

You dont think this is a highly memorable radio hit song? To me it has a nice Madonna or Jackson type of feeling

My choice'd be "Blood Sacrifice".
----
My vision is augmented
30.08.2016 - 21:09
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Joppe on 30.08.2016 at 20:55

Good choice, isnt a 7 a bit low in rating for such a big hm lover as yourself?
10.09.2016 - 10:22
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Guest on 30.08.2016 at 21:09

On objective level I'd say the album is reallly good and deserves all the praising reviews and the respect it's got. On subjective level, though, I haven't really listened to these songs after the initial listens, maybe only 1 or 2 times. Like I said in the 1st comment, the band has potential and their playing and singing sounds good, but I don't find that many killer songs here. Generally too long songs IMO where 1st half can be killer and the 2nd half brings nothing new nor progress to the song. I could say it's better than 7, but I also want to emphasize that I wouldn't quite put this album next to classics or top HM albums.
----
My vision is augmented
29.09.2016 - 17:32
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Joppe on 10.09.2016 at 10:22

Written by Guest on 30.08.2016 at 21:09

On objective level I'd say the album is reallly good and deserves all the praising reviews and the respect it's got. On subjective level, though, I haven't really listened to these songs after the initial listens, maybe only 1 or 2 times. Like I said in the 1st comment, the band has potential and their playing and singing sounds good, but I don't find that many killer songs here. Generally too long songs IMO where 1st half can be killer and the 2nd half brings nothing new nor progress to the song. I could say it's better than 7, but I also want to emphasize that I wouldn't quite put this album next to classics or top HM albums.

Oh, it got good reviews? I found it as the Subrosa guys are ganging up for this album. I am very fond of long songs and as I am having a shitty time finding any hm worth its name so its a 8 for me
31.08.2019 - 23:31
Rating: 6
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Not bad, I feel like they could have made this album better though. Seven Golden Ships should have made it to the record. Mammoth Rider is my favorite track on here, but they could have cut it down to 5 minutes and it would have made a killer single. In general, the whole album suffers from the songs dragging on too long and the lyrics being prettty bad, even for power metal standards.

Highlights: Mammoth Rider, Revenant King, Blood Sacrifice

Hits total: 3719 | This month: 16