Metal Storm logo
Cradle Of Filth - Reveal New Album Cover Artwork

The first details of Cradle Of Filth's new album arrived today. The U.K. hellish band has just unveiled the cover artwork for their upcoming 11th studio album entitled Hammer Of The Witches. Feast your eyes on the cover art created by Latvian artist Arthur Berzinsh below. The band has been busy putting the finishing touches on their album at the Grindstone Studios. It has been three years since the release of their previous album, The Manticore And Other Horrors, the longest gap in the band's history.

Hammer Of The Witches is due for global release this July via Nuclear Blast.

Vocalist Dani Filth explained the provocative artwork: "The artwork for Hammer Of The Witches was created by Latvian Artist Arthur Berzinsh and is a lavish walk-through of the lyricism, drawing on rich Renaissance themes and displaying them in beautiful yet unsettling scenarios. Half of the detailed pieces are totally original for the release, others are Berzinsh classics cunningly tailored to the themes of the album, which are themes rife with heady witchcraft, be it persecution, retribution or unfettered spiritual liberation. The female form is rampant throughout the artwork, unashamedly displayed in its classical rendition of beauty... and horror."

Arthur Berzinsh explains his artwork and concepts: "In terms of mood, I was looking for the inspiration of this set in the spirit of Faustian romanticism, the ambivalent art of Renaissance that reanimated motives of pagan mythology after the Middle Ages, and of course, the darkly beautiful and charming spirit of Goetia traditions that is filled with the atmosphere of hermetical rituals. My personal conceptual leitmotif that inspires me, is a conflict between the free-thinking and totalitarianism, where the raw power always gains the upper hand over individualism. The act of art is a theurgical act that creates existence in the Platonic reality - reality of ideas. So, at least in this Platonic dimension let's give the suppressed ones a chance to get their revenge. For me the Goat of Mendes on the cover symbolizes the scapegoat, who's tired of his humiliating role and wants a payback. This character is an archetypical symbol of libido and other primordial forces and instinctive aspects of a human being. And these forces always have been a menace for those who want to reign over the others, like it's schematically represented in George Orwell's 1984."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Cradle Of Filth
Posted: 20.04.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 234 users
20.04.2015 - 19:25
garmling
Account deleted
That cover art is beautiful, but I honestly doubt the music will be of the same quality... We shall see yet.....
20.04.2015 - 20:33
Gothmog_Motsham

Boobs.
20.04.2015 - 20:37
The_Heffmeister

I love the album cover, even though I´m more ass than tits. I´m hoping for a more gothic-inspired album. Thornography rules!
----
Hugh Hefner über alles!
20.04.2015 - 21:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Honestly?

Loved the cover art. Looks beautiful.

Not sure about the quality of music. I hoping for the best.
20.04.2015 - 21:31
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Cover looks just like the covers of their other stuff. I even thought it was a reissue or something
The music will probably sound like thier other stuff too
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.04.2015 - 21:38
Vombatus
Potorro
Goats always get titties. That's unfair.
20.04.2015 - 21:56
Jiri

13 tits. 13.
20.04.2015 - 21:59
Ilham
Giant robot
More like "Hammer Of The Bitches", amirite, amiriiiiite? *bad joke eel macro*
20.04.2015 - 22:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like how English version of Latvian names looks like and any specifical models he think about when draw females?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.04.2015 - 22:24
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Ilham on 20.04.2015 at 21:59

More like "Hammer Of The Bitches", amirite, amiriiiiite? *bad joke eel macro*

lol I think it's a good joke, they are whores after all. Also, someone counted the titties, seriously?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
20.04.2015 - 22:36
Sword_Chant

How can we sell more albums this time round? I know, let's put a bunch of tits all over the front cover.
20.04.2015 - 22:38
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Sword_Chant on 20.04.2015 at 22:36

How can we sell more albums this time round? I know, let's put a bunch of tits all over the front cover.

Sounds a lot like Game Of Thrones
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
21.04.2015 - 01:22
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by Karlabos on 20.04.2015 at 22:38

Written by Sword_Chant on 20.04.2015 at 22:36

Sounds a lot like Game Of Thrones

Yup. Overrated crap just like this band.

Album cover is awful.
21.04.2015 - 02:56
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Netzach on 21.04.2015 at 01:22

Album cover is awful.

Pretty sure this one album cover has more depth than anything GoT-related. Not to mention more likable characters; That goat man seems like a pretty chill dude.

"Braaahhh, it's cool. More than enough ladies to go 'round."
21.04.2015 - 03:31
psykometal
A staff guy...
I have almost refused to even check out the last two CoF albums, but this one I will probably check out just because of dat cover rite dere. #SexSells
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

21.04.2015 - 04:22
Netzach
Planewalker
Written by Guest on 21.04.2015 at 02:56

Written by Netzach on 21.04.2015 at 01:22

Album cover is awful.

Pretty sure this one album cover has more depth than anything GoT-related. Not to mention more likable characters; That goat man seems like a pretty chill dude.

"Braaahhh, it's cool. More than enough ladies to go 'round."

Good point my friend. Tits and dragons seem to go a long way nowadays but I won't have it.
21.04.2015 - 04:47
Vermoorden

Art is fucking amazing. Hoping it sounds like Darkly Darkly at least.
21.04.2015 - 05:48
Mattybu

Usually stuff with this kind of compositional structure is photoshop atrocities (mainly Septicflesh guy comes to mind but there's lots more) but the artist actually did a good job here, especially with the depth. The font at the bottom looks like garbage, though.
21.04.2015 - 10:08
s_t_s

I like the cover artwork more than the cheesy Manticore one ! Yet Manticore found me so bored that I don't know what to expect from another CoF album... By the way I love the latest Devilment album (frontman being Dani Filth) but I'm wondering why the band won't even appear here :/
21.04.2015 - 11:42
MikeVonDoom

The logo have similar proportions with the logos used on the first albums! Which might be a good sign!
21.04.2015 - 11:53
Daniell
_爱情_
It's amazing how much people are able to say after seeing a picture... Even though it's nice to look at, it's no indication of the music to come at all. Which, everyone knows of course.
21.04.2015 - 18:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Daniell - I said about CoF's music.

As I said, it shouldn't lack any quality in this new disc.
22.04.2015 - 00:50
Vermoorden

Written by deadone on 21.04.2015 at 04:59

Written by Vermoorden on 21.04.2015 at 04:47

Hoping it sounds like Darkly Darkly at least.

I hope it doesn't. I want another Dusk and Her Embrace!

Fuck yeah, Dusk or Cruelty would be ideal. But I doubt they will go back to that style unfortunately.
24.04.2015 - 09:39
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.04.2015 at 18:53

Daniell - I said about CoF's music.

As I said, it shouldn't lack any quality in this new disc.

I was a general remark, not aimed at you
26.04.2015 - 21:55
Opethian

Hoping the Music matches the art work. Bring the Filth back you guys!!! High hopes

Hits total: 5366 | This month: 5