Metal Storm logo
Bell Witch - Entire New Album Streaming Online

Here is some funeral doom metal for you delivered by Bell Witch. The Americans are releasing their second album Four Phantoms on the 28th of April via Profound Lore Records. Before that, you can stream the entire piece at this location and see if you like it. Did you enjoy the album and would you recommend it?

The label describes the new opus: "Following up their acclaimed Longing debut with a heavier, more colossal, crushing, hypnotic, and meditative lamentation, Four Phantoms sees the duo of Dylan Desmond (bass/vocals) and Adrian Guerra (drums/vocals) create a much more mournful and vast sonic procession, one which could very well be recognized as one of the most moving and emotionally draining death/doom metal albums ever conceived within this age of hopelessness and despair. The mournful aura and atmosphere of Four Phantoms so overwhelming, like a soundtrack to embracing the aftermath of an eradication brought upon entire races and civilizations."

Tracks:
01. Suffocation, A Burial: I - Awoken (Breathing Teeth)
02. Judgement, In Fire: I - Garden (Of Blooming Ash)
03. Suffocation, A Drowning: II - Somniloquy (The Distance Of Forever)
04. Judgement, In Air: II - Felled (In Howling Wind)

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Bell Witch
Posted: 21.04.2015 by Pazdzioch

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 42 users
21.04.2015 - 19:23
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Oh yeah baby.

----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
21.04.2015 - 21:22
Lit.
Account deleted
Quote:

"Following up their acclaimed Longing debut with a heavier, more colossal, crushing, hypnotic, and meditative lamentation, Four Phantoms sees the duo of Dylan Desmond (bass/vocals) and Adrian Guerra (drums/vocals) create a much more mournful and vast sonic procession, one which could very well be recognized as one of the most moving and emotionally draining death/doom metal albums ever conceived within this age of hopelessness and despair. The mournful aura and atmosphere of Four Phantoms so overwhelming, like a soundtrack to embracing the aftermath of an eradication brought upon entire races and civilizations."

I'm not exactly sure if this is a good blurb since it just described funeral doom in a nutshell.
21.04.2015 - 22:10
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Bought it at Roadburn. Pretty great album, although I'm still preferring Longing by a slight margin. One thing has to be said though: Dylan is an extremely talented bassist, and he gets a huge array of sounds out of his 6 string. Until I saw them live I honestly had no idea there were no guitars in the band
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
22.04.2015 - 01:48
chronic-headache

It wasn't until recently that I discovered that is was simply a bass/drum duo. MAN did my respect for this band skyrocket, as I never would have guessed. I should have done my research earlier. Longing was one hell of an album and I can't wait for this one!
22.04.2015 - 13:58
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 21.04.2015 at 21:22

I'm not exactly sure if this is a good blurb since it just described funeral doom in a nutshell.

Of course it describes funeral doom in a nutshell, since Bell Witch play funeral doom.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.04.2015 - 14:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by deadone on 22.04.2015 at 07:19

Why the fuck would anyone want to listen to "emotionally draining" music? Seems like emo taken to the nth degree: "I want to listen to music that will make me emotionally exhausted."

Ever hear of catharsis?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.04.2015 - 21:59
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
As far as what little I have heard from the genre, these guys seem to do it quite right. That being said, I would be bored to tears on stage playing this.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.

Hits total: 1944 | This month: 5