Metal Storm logo
The Meads Of Asphodel - Unveil Details Of New Split EP

After putting out a few compilations and a box set collection, the unorthodox British metallers of The Meads Of Asphodel are now about to grace their fanbase with some new material, a split EP with American band Tjolgtjar. The band elaborate on their Facebook page:

"Ok so some further info on the new Meads EP... Our half of the release will be named 'Taste The Divine Wrath,' a split with U.S psych black metal band Tjolgtjar, due for release on June 2nd via Eternal Death Records as a limited edition 7" Vinyl.

"With this EP we are happy to welcome to the Meads family new bassist (among other things) Pope Richard Alan Weeks. You can also hear The Pope working with J.D. and Andre in Ebonillumini & The Higher Craft, where they have been crafting music for the last two years. Fear not, Alan Davey will still be making appearances on future Meads releases.

"The EP will also feature guest appearances, including long time guest Mirai (Sigh), who wrote and performed the intro, theatrical actress Tania Azevedo, who lays down the vocals for our cover of 'You've Got The Love' (now renamed to 'You've Got The Hate'), and lending their pipes and atmospheres to the track 'Infidel' are Mexican folk metal band Cabrakaan. The Meads side of the vinyl will be released in the future in a digital format via Bandcamp and also as a VERY limited edition audio CD. Both formats will feature bonus tracks."

The track listing for The Meads Of Asphodel's part of the split is:

1). An Ebullient Prelude To A Loathsomely Grim End
2). Chidiock Tichborne
3). You've Got The Love
4). Balthasar Gérard
5). Infidel

The EP will come as the band's first new material since 2013's Sonderkommando. In the meantime, they continue to work on their as-of-now untitled new album.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Meads Of Asphodel
Posted: 23.04.2015 by Apothecary

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 41 users
23.04.2015 - 01:17
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Well you guys probably know who's most excited for this
According to the Godreah records FB, we can expect "a punk metal kick in the ass," which gets me even more hype because on the few occasions that the band's tapped into that part of their musical personality, they've nailed it pretty well.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
23.04.2015 - 01:22
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Tjolgtar? Now that's an interesting partner for the split
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
23.04.2015 - 01:36
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Karlabos on 23.04.2015 at 01:22

Never heard of em before, but the "psych black metal" label definitely gets me interested. Any good?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
23.04.2015 - 01:52
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Auntie Sahar on 23.04.2015 at 01:36

Written by Karlabos on 23.04.2015 at 01:22

Never heard of em before, but the "psych black metal" label definitely gets me interested. Any good?

I like it. Don't expect anything serious though. It's more like an even more bizarre version of Lugubrum.
I just have the impression that Tjolgtar's production is far more noisier than Meads' then I get the feeling that the sides won't feel well together, so I don't know what to expect.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
23.04.2015 - 02:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Karlabos on 23.04.2015 at 01:52

I like it. Don't expect anything serious though. It's more like an even more bizarre version of Lugubrum.
I just have the impression that Tjolgtar's production is far more noisier than Meads' then I get the feeling that the sides won't feel well together, so I don't know what to expect.

Well if the Meads side of this is indeed going to be more in the vein of their punky material, it could be quite noisy in its own right. Only time will tell
----

~ II. VII
06.05.2015 - 04:38
EternalDeath

http://www.terrorizer.com/news/the-meads-of-asphodel-stream-new-track-youve-got-the-hate/

Track from the Meads of Asphodel side now streaming via Terrorizer. Least metal song on the record, but maybe my favorite. A buddy compared it to old Meads mixed with Blood Axis

Hits total: 2511 | This month: 6