Metal Storm logo
Bands in your hometown

Original post

Posted by Bloody Rain, 26.02.2007 - 21:48
Okay I did a search and I didn't find any topics like this. This thread is about those local bands in your hometown that haven't gotten known yet (all genres are welcome). And please don't just list the bands. Give us a link to a website, or to some mp3s if it's possible and let's have a discussion here. This is a good way to discover new and unknown bands. I'll start.

I'm from Regina SK, Canada and of course Into Eternity is the best band from here IMO. However we do have a few other good bands. One is "Itchy Stitches" which is a death/thrash metal band(???) with a female lead vocalist. http://www.myspace.com/itchystitches.

The Orchard is another band and they are probably the biggest local band here (except for Into Eternity). I've seen them live twice before and they put on a pretty good show. You can hear a couple of their tracks on their myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=65073383

The last band that I can think of for the moment is a pagan black metal band called "Wold". Their music has some noise/industrial elements and they are rather interesting. Their official site is here:http://wold.cjb.net/
11.02.2009 - 22:27
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Ragana on 08.02.2009 at 23:05

In my hometown aren't metal bands at all, just few new rock bands of which I personally know one, just because of my friends who are in this band. Although, maybe we have a veeery underground metal band about which I don't know anything (It wouldn't be a surprise). Actually, once I saw three or four guys, looking like metalheads and walking somewhere with their guitars.

Every town usually has something, unless you live in an extremely small town or something. Besides, you live quite close to Riga, right. There's got to be some stuff going on there.

Even the suckiest places tend to have at least something though.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
11.02.2009 - 22:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 11.02.2009 at 22:27

In my hometown aren't metal bands at all, just few new rock bands of which I personally know one, just because of my friends who are in this band. Although, maybe we have a veeery underground metal band about which I don't know anything (It wouldn't be a surprise). Actually, once I saw three or four guys, looking like metalheads and walking somewhere with their guitars.

Every town usually has something, unless you live in an extremely small town or something. Besides, you live quite close to Riga, right. There's got to be some stuff going on there.

Absolutely. I only know four Latvian bands and all those four are from Riga... Heaven Grey, Skyforger, Frailty, Urskumug.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.02.2009 - 22:45
Ragana
Rawrcat

Well, then those musicians are hiding somewhere.
I live in a town where nothing *good* happens. Some time ago this was a scientific park - we had many scientific institutes around (biologic, physical, chemical + an atomic pile). So, I don't think there was a place for music at all. Not the best place where to make something.

And the fact I live so near Riga doesn't change anything, except that everyone is going to live in Riga sooner or later, lol.

And we're talking about our hometowns, not the capital city of our countries. Of course I know bands from Riga, but I'm not living there. So it doesn't count.
11.02.2009 - 23:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Salaspils where she livess int Rīga its 20-25km, (same like saying Sodertalje is Stockhom)(I susualy sleep this part of way when go to Rīag and beck ) so it dont counts IMO and bands maybe punk, some garage band but not metal, actualy I have no idea about other latvain metal bands who's isnt from Rīga , I didnt find any in MA
Maybe many bands starts soemwhere alse, but 97% of all band member lives in Rīga nowdays

Metal its more into bigger cities and many of metalheads lives in Daugaupils, many in Jelgava, Liepāja, other towns less

in my town we ha Abbatoir band who's split up, I will awals remeber song into school party ''Direktors in Impotents'' and ''Sklotāja mauka aplējās ar sērskābi'' it was last show into town specely school.... ask Ragana what songs means at english

EDDIT who the fuck edd Līvi in metal-archives ........... what be next Opus Pro, Rebel, Linga
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.02.2009 - 23:20
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Bad English on 11.02.2009 at 23:12

Salaspils where she livess int Rīga its 20-25km, (same like saying Sodertalje is Stockhom)(I susualy sleep this part of way when go to Rīag and beck ) so it dont counts IMO and bands maybe punk, some garage band but not metal, actualy I have no idea about other latvain metal bands who's isnt from Rīga , I didnt find any in MA
Maybe many bands starts soemwhere alse, but 97% of all band member lives in Rīga nowdays

Metal its more into bigger cities and many of metalheads lives in Daugaupils, many in Jelgava, Liepāja, other towns less

in my town we ha Abbatoir band who's split up, I will awals remeber song into school party ''Direktors in Impotemnts'' and ''Solotāja mauka aplējās ar sērskābi'' it was last show into town specely school.... ask Ragana what songs means at english

EDDIT who the fuck edd Līvi in metal-archives ........... what be next Opus Pro, Rebel, Linga

Södertälje is about 15 20 minutes drive to get to the suburbs of Stockholm at most. Södertälje nearly is like a large, remote suburb to Stockholm. And yeah, I know she doesn't live in riga, but she's said that she lived close to Riga several times, which means she should be able to go there and maybe watch some underground shows if she wants to, which was my point.

Underground shows here in Norrköping.... Well you have to drive nearly an hour to go to Linköping and then there's MAYBE something. None of the good bands here ever play live here or do anything at all to make you notice their presence. It's really strange the number of metalheads that live here in Norrköping without even knowing Marduk are from here and who think Ofermod are from Stockholm. Stockholm has a nice amount of more underground shows though, as does Gothenburg and to a lesser exten Malmö.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
11.02.2009 - 23:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 11.02.2009 at 23:20

Södertälje is about 15 20 minutes drive to get to the suburbs of Stockholm at most. Södertälje nearly is like a large, remote suburb to Stockholm. And yeah, I know she doesn't live in riga, but she's said that she lived close to Riga several times, which means she should be able to go there and maybe watch some underground shows if she wants to, which was my point.

Underground shows here in Norrköping.... Well you have to drive nearly an hour to go to Linköping and then there's MAYBE something. None of the good bands here ever play live here or do anything at all to make you notice their presence. It's really strange the number of metalheads that live here in Norrköping without even knowing Marduk are from here and who think Ofermod are from Stockholm. Stockholm has a nice amount of more underground shows though, as does Gothenburg and to a lesser exten Malmö.

But when you drive to Södertälje its you see treas, ''country side'' not only city, same there
Well it depends what train you take one takes 40min for her, one 20min so its close, werry close and get there its easy, I dunno about local busses, but trains, lastc train goes 22:22 so its min 30+40min walk to sattion to clubs to get home, specely for me since I lived 100km from Rīga but near same higway and railroad

Damn I wish here in Lulea played those old bands what in mid 90's days when we won Ellitserien
----

apos;'
[image]
11.02.2009 - 23:34
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 11.02.2009 at 23:12

Salaspils where she livess int Rīga its 20-25km, (same like saying Sodertalje is Stockhom)(I susualy sleep this part of way when go to Rīag and beck )

I will awals remeber song into school party ''Direktors in Impotemnts'' and ''Solotāja mauka aplējās ar sērskābi'' it was last show into town specely school.... ask Ragana what songs means at english

Shh, the map says 18 km.

The first sounds like "Direktors ir impotents"/ "Direktors un impotence", otherwise I can't understand the word "impotemnts" (how can it be that you're making mistakes even in Latvian? gosh, that's tragically XD). But damn, K7, you can't ask me to translate these... that's rude. Mkay.

"Teacher - whore had been doused with H2SO4 (sulphuric acid)". (can't see the big thought here, but I think I translated it quite right)

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 11.02.2009 at 23:20

And yeah, I know she doesn't live in riga, but she's said that she lived close to Riga several times, which means she should be able to go there and maybe watch some underground shows if she wants to, which was my point.

Absolutely right. What else can I do?

Oh, and about getting home after some events... that's why it's so cool to have relatives who live in Riga.
11.02.2009 - 23:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 11.02.2009 at 23:34

Oh, and about getting home after some events... that's why it's so cool to have relatives which live in Riga.

Impotents. sorry Its hard to switch between Swedish and Latvian and also use in day one pc, in eve other one, so ... keyboards, they isnt same , here on keyboards are å, ä,and ö and I use latvian, but my mother sitch to swedish so

I agree, since in Aizkraukle all metalheads are into UK, whatever, and goinga lone into like Melnā Piektdiena or sucky event, you know how Rīga streets can be dangerous fow metalhead alone, urlas, cops , I never had feel unsafe into Luleå or Stockholm(when football season isnt active :lol; ) , and sit into pub, yu nead about Ls100 to spend there and I have no such money

EDDIT: same here I live 40km from Luleå, in BIG event its busy beck, but small event, there only weekends when someone can pick me up late at night from Luleå, Piteå, Boden, maybe Skelefteå , but I have where stay into Orstlnsklik(ok town from what are MoDo, ForeverDrakWoods, why MoDo town are so complicatd, its almoust not possible type it )
----

apos;'
[image]
12.02.2009 - 00:06
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 11.02.2009 at 23:44

Written by Ragana on 11.02.2009 at 23:34

Oh, and about getting home after some events... that's why it's so cool to have relatives which live in Riga.

Impotents. sorry Its hard to switch between Swedish and Latvian and also use in day one pc, in eve other one, so ... keyboards, they isnt same , here on keyboards are å, ä,and ö and I use latvian, but my mother sitch to swedish so

I agree, since in Aizkraukle all metalheads are into UK, whatever, and goinga lone into like Melnā Piektdiena or sucky event, you know how Rīga streets can be dangerous fow metalhead alone, urlas, cops , I never had feel unsafe into Luleå or Stockholm(when football season isnt active :lol; ) , and sit into pub, yu nead about Ls100 to spend there and I have no such money

Well, then imagine how hard it is to be a girl and walk through Vecrīga in daylight, trying to avoid the tourists, not to mention nights in Riga.

Yep, it's also weird to go to an event which is nearly 150km far from your home, if you have no place where to stay.
12.02.2009 - 00:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 12.02.2009 at 00:06

Well, then imagine how hard it is to be a girl and walk through Vecrīga in daylight, trying to avoid the tourists, not to mention nights in Riga.

Yep, it's also weird to go to an event which is nearly 150km far from your home, if you have no place where to stay.

Vecrīga ist dangerous, but not so, still suberbs are more dangerous, road to Airport ... other shity Pārdaugava, or whatever parts ...
Tourists wont kill you, rape you or something, but those gangs, urlas other can beet you when you walk from concert in night, and our pubs isnt save if you're metalhead whit hair
But more scary its last train to Kraukle in night

In summer you easely can be outside, but winter... and about 150km yes , I try solv and find place for Blaze Baley and MC to
----

apos;'
[image]
12.02.2009 - 00:35
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Bad English on 12.02.2009 at 00:13

Written by Ragana on 12.02.2009 at 00:06

Vecrīga ist dangerous, but not so, still suberbs are more dangerous, road to Airport ... other shity Pārdaugava, or whatever parts ...
Tourists wont kill you, rape you or something, but those gangs, urlas other can beet you when you walk from concert in night, and our pubs isnt save if you're metalhead whit hair
But more scary its last train to Kraukle in night

In summer you easely can be outside, but winter... and about 150km yes , I try solv and find place for Blaze Baley and MC to

You meant - road to nowhere. Yeah, the airport is in the middle of nowhere. And unfortunately once I got lost there (not the airport, but the area around it). XD
Well, you never know what kind of tourist you have met... not so long time ago some drunk guy from Germany or Netherlands (well, it doesn't matter anyway) teased one of my best friends, and lately he got involved into a fight with her boyfriend. Sure, if tourists aren't drunk, then it's ok more or less.
Heh, it's impossible to avoid urlas.

Hm, last July when Metallica was in Riga, I got an offer to wander around Riga whole night long after the gig... but I refused it. Dunno, it would be pretty weird.
10.03.2009 - 00:37
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Hmm I don't know any well known bands from my town but I live right near Coventry and Birmingham so bands like Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Black Sabbath, Cathedral, Judas Priest...probs more, there were alot of grind bands round here in the 80's...oh and I lived in South Somerset which is bordering Devon which is where Electric Wizard are from so a fair amount of bands!
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
11.03.2009 - 11:31
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Seattle has some good/great Black Metal. I'm not surprised seeing at how Grey and bleak it is here. Some bands are; In Memorium, Forest of Grey, and Wolves In The Throne room. OK, I know Wolves isn't from Seattle. They are from Olympia (maybe a 30-45 minute drive) Take it from me though. NO BODY gives a shit about Olympia Seattle makes the local bands who they are, we give em all the gigs.
----
Coldgrits
11.03.2009 - 13:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Necrogeddon on 10.03.2009 at 00:37

Hmm I don't know any well known bands from my town but I live right near Coventry and Birmingham so bands like Napalm Death, Bolt Thrower, Black Sabbath, Cathedral, Judas Priest...probs more, there were alot of grind bands round here in the 80's...oh and I lived in South Somerset which is bordering Devon which is where Electric Wizard are from so a fair amount of bands!

Villa n city can be on knees n suck d*k to those bands, becaus ethey are more better reaosn proud to be from Birtminhgam awesome bands indeed, but does Priest members still live there?
Sabbath moved around world even I dunno about Buttler, Iommi,

Also Esoteric comes from Birminngham, about Coventry dunno any band
----

apos;'
[image]
12.03.2009 - 20:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 11.02.2009 at 22:38

Absolutely. I only know four Latvian bands and all those four are from Riga... Frailty,

Well band female keybordist comes from town where my grandmother lives
Koknese(check out ger wesrion there bigger info

Its 10km to east from my town
Holy smoke and I didnt know it , just find out it yesterday ok she's 3 years younger but still I spend many summers there, and I didnt know it, now Im lil shocked(ojk last 5 years Im spend in uni and Sweden, didnt was much around there , maybe thets explains)
well maybe soon we gonna drink some beers there hehhehe, well it was bigest suprise what I found out in metal

my friend was wright my home town thrash band abbatoir will end carear in town after live song ''skolotajai pe?ā lentenis'' poor guys
----

apos;'
[image]
14.03.2009 - 04:27
Biedrik
We've got this one crossover (hardcore influences) thrash metal band in the area. The guy at the local pizza place is the vocalist. They're called Edge of the World, and they're pretty good. Their lyrics could use some work though.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
24.03.2009 - 20:22
Well i am from Bangladesh. most bands over here rise from dhaka city and some bands even have released albums such as severe dementia,power-surge,gene-split,cryptic fate,artcell etc and are quite famous in the urban areas. metal muzik is quite well-known in dhaka (the capital) and alot of new bands are forming. some metal bands such as severe dementia is internationally recognized.
Other then these i personally know some up-coming bands such as Auflader,Zero-Burn,Satanik who are working on their debut albums. most of these bands are from the brutal death metal genre..!!
----
I am immortal...and my Death is my Highway to Hell..!!
24.03.2009 - 20:32
Kranium Decay
Account deleted
Well said my friend Sabik! But you forgot to mention Barzak aka Orator, who are now going to release their EP soon. As far as Satanik is Concerned, there is an unofficial update(i know it, as i have written and writing lyrics for them), that is they have started working on their first full-length album and the recording work will be over by Sept! Hopefully we get to get something good from them!

...m/...
25.03.2009 - 14:36
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Experimental/indie/screamo is the rage around my city.

ALYRIA: http://www.myspace.com/alyria
The Siren Sky: http://www.myspace.com/thesirensky
Fighting Haysi: http://www.myspace.com/fightinghaysi

Old neighbor of mine who is an acoustic junkie http://www.myspace.com/adamyoung
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
10.06.2009 - 12:28
terrorist
RAIN DELAY

This band is realy unique.And i'am free to say that they are one of the best metal bands in Serbia and local countrys.I've been to some of their shows and live they sound great and they are very precise.
Here is their myspace

http://www.myspace.com/raindelay

you can hear some of their songs and you have on their website some of the songs too.

and if you like them you can vote for them in Bands/Suggestions section:)
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
15.06.2009 - 18:34
ironfiststew
Account deleted
My hometown is where the state college is located. all kinds of annoying emo bands and 99% of the metal bands are all generic, melodic death metal bands with horrendous vocalists and song writing. i don't ever care for local music. there's a reason they're still local...
15.06.2009 - 21:52
terrorist
Yeah but among that local bands some of them could be realy good.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
23.11.2009 - 16:45
Razorback
I am from Belgrade,capital of Serbia and there are few pretty good metal bands ,one of them is Rain Delay ,you can hear them on their myspace page
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
24.11.2009 - 05:17
SerratedSyringe
I live in Holly Springs NC, right out side of Raleigh. There really aren't any big name bands from around here, probably the only one is Between the Burried and Me. One promissing local band is Six Foot Orchard; They currently play death metal, but I fear they might go down the Deathcore path *sigh*. Finally there is a really good industrial-goth-metal band called Fractured Fairytales, which is probably my favorite of the three.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
24.11.2009 - 05:53
Zuzuz0r
Though I'm not that much into local metal, I know Elfonía, my favorite mexican band, where Marcela Bovio from Stream of Passion and once from Ayreon was, there's also Ulveheim, they play viking/black metal(yes, viking metal from Mexico, kinda strange) they sound somewhat similar to Enslaved, they are good, there's also Advent, a melodic progressive death metal band, though I haven't listened too much of them, they are influenced by Opeth, there's also a gothic doom metal band named Aglarond and there's this band Maligno who plays stoner/doom metal. There's also a band who is very underground, they haven't even recorded a demo, I've only saw them playing at some local gigs, they are called Pezcruake(if I think it's correct), they play some kind of instrumental avant-garde progressive metal, or at least that's what I think they play, I hope they could record an EP someday, because they are very good, better than most of the "popular" mexican metal bands.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
24.11.2009 - 08:33
MetallicA
I live in Atlanta...the biggest metal band from here is Mastadon. (They're local for me)
Withered is also from here...they're good. link: http://www.myspace.com/withered
Legions of Astaroth is a killer black metal band: http://www.myspace.com/legionsofastaroth

There's a ton of bands in my city...some I can think of are present: Spewtilator (grind/ thrash), Winds of Malice (black), Sybaritic (thrash...fucking awesome!), Godfiend (kinda like Nightwish), Malefic (black), Lectures on the Apocalypse (awesome brutal death...gay name lol), Apocalyptic Visions (death), Gnostic (thrash), Prime Mover (thrash/ death), Axial Discorrelation (thrashy death), Zoroaster (sludge), Sons of Tonatiuh (sludge/ doom), DAATH (death-ish), Obscurum (black) and a shitton more I'm forgetting.

Some bands that were from here that have since broken up/ haven't played in a long time are: Ecryptus (thrash/ death), Burial Rites (blackened death), Ground Xero (black), Hellgoat (black), Anal Secretion (grind), Infernal Machine (nu-ish), Hallow's Eve (thrash), Demoncy (black ...yes they're from Atlanta), Choking Her (death/ grind), Amoebic Dysentery (grind), Damnage (old school thrash), Nihilist (thrash), Ghost Story (thrash) and lots more.

Some more (I'm not sure of the genre they fall in mostly because I haven't seen them yet):
Doomed Youth, Social Neglect, Bury Me Breathing, Eridian, Insincere, You Die, Aes Sedai, Hull, Batillus, Salome, Xeroderma, Synapse Defect, Living Decay, Let the Night Roar, Royal Thunder, Hell Comes to Town

Some of the people in my city complain about the scene here but honestly, I don't think there's much to complain about. We could use more brutal death bands but that's about it. There's tons of shows to go to usually and that doesn't include the local shows. We always have an abundance of local metal shows.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
24.11.2009 - 13:04
Archetype
I'm in Melbourne, Australia and bands like Be'lakor, The Eternal, Vanishing Point, inExordium are all from here.

On the topic of smaller and relatively unknown bands however - two words come to mind:
- Generic
- Core

There's a lot of generic, boring and uninteresting crap here. A lot of these bands don't even stick around for very long and it's hardly a shame if you ask me. I've yet to hear a small, local band that actually sounds even half decent.
24.11.2009 - 14:15
Warman
Erotic Stains
I actually live about 15 minutes from where Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth lives.
----
24.11.2009 - 21:05
MetallicA
Written by Warman on 24.11.2009 at 14:15

I actually live about 15 minutes from where Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth lives.

cool. Do you know him? I bet he gets all kinds of people coming to his door though lol
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
24.11.2009 - 21:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by SerratedSyringe on 24.11.2009 at 05:17

I live in Holly Springs NC, right out side of Raleigh. There really aren't any big name bands from around here, probably the only one is Between the Burried and Me. One promissing local band is Six Foot Orchard; They currently play death metal, but I fear they might go down the Deathcore path *sigh*. Finally there is a really good industrial-goth-metal band called Fractured Fairytales, which is probably my favorite of the three.

I knwo from the top of my head Confessor, Corrosion Of Conformity and Daylight Dies are from Raleigh.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996