Metal Storm logo
Autolatry - Disband

Sadly, progressive black metallers Autolatry have announced their disbandment. Bassist/guitarist Dave Kaminsky himself has revealed over the band's Facebook page that it is the end for the Mansfield group. They leave behind one EP, one split and two albums, Native being their latest. Dave Kaminsky will release new music under a different name from now on.

Dave Kaminsky explains this decision: "Autolatry has officially ended. Over the last six years, we did some pretty cool things together - a pair of US tours, a couple cool recordings, a few lineup changes, and it was a whole lot of fun. We'd like to thank all of you that supported us by listening to the tunes, buying merch, and seeing us on tour. At the end of the day, I have moved on as a songwriter and I desperately need a clean slate to continue expanding my musical horizons. Autolatry has always been my personal outlet, and now that I have changed so much as a human being and spirit, my musical outlet also needs to reflect that change. I had intended to release new music under the Autolatry brand this summer, but these new tunes will still come out under a different name. If any of you are interested in the music I create next, please continue subscribing to updates from this page as I will post all future releases here.

"All leftover merchandise has been heavily discounted at autolatry.storenvy.com. All remaining CDs are $1 and all shirts are $2. We are also selling limited edition tapes of our split EP Northeastern Hymns via Bandcamp and storenvy. Thank you all for your support through the years and through this band's changes. I look forward to sharing more of my music with you soon, under a name which better reflects who I am. 2009-2015."

Photo by MetalMattLongo

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Autolatry
Posted: 15.05.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 26 users
15.05.2015 - 12:05
Zap
The 1$ CD is a bargain, but the 15$ shipping for non-Americans pretty much makes it a regular purchase.
15.05.2015 - 17:24
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Zap on 15.05.2015 at 12:05

The 1$ CD is a bargain, but the 15$ shipping for non-Americans pretty much makes it a regular purchase.

True that. But it sort of pays off if you buy more than one item.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.05.2015 - 17:48
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Phew...at least the main songwriter will continue writing
15.05.2015 - 18:00
Zap
Written by X-Ray Rod on 15.05.2015 at 17:24

True that. But it sort of pays off if you buy more than one item.

I thought of that, but realized I only want the Native album

Hits total: 1068 | This month: 4