Metal Storm logo
Pagan Altar - Vocalist Terry Jones Dies

It's a sad day for Pagan Altar and metal. The doom metallers have announced that founding member and vocalist Terry Jones of Pagan Altar lost his battle with cancer on May 15th at 10:15. Terry Jones had been fighting this terrible disease for over a year. Condolences to the family and friends and R.I.P.

Bassist William Gallagher posted this heartfelt statement on the band's Facebook page: "Terry has been fighting this disease for over a year and even though I knew it was coming it still come as a great shock. I have so enjoyed the great times in the studio composing and performing music, travelling the world and being his friend. Terry you have been the greatest inspiration in my life and I'm going to miss you so very much. I will never ever forget you and will always hold my memories of you dear to my heart. I will forever be your bass player and we will perform again together one day in the afterlife in the sky... Goodbye my friend... Liam (WillyG)."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pagan Altar
Posted: 16.05.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 111 users
16.05.2015 - 12:55
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Great loss... and these guys were also planning a new album release...
16.05.2015 - 12:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 16.05.2015 at 12:55

Great loss... and these guys were also planning a new album release...

Indeed a loss, but that release should have been out years and years ago, they somehow kept on postponing it.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.05.2015 - 13:01
Joppe
Steelemeister
Sad. I just recently heard about this band quite randomly and after listening to their albums, I feel that they deserve a lot more recognition than they have. I think Terry's vocals were really good and added certain uniqueness to Pagan Altar's music, in same manner as what Mark's vocals do to Manilla Road's music. I would have liked to hear more of his vocals.

RIP.
----
My vision is augmented
17.05.2015 - 01:18
sbgmetal

Damn kinda sad i had to find out about the band this way., really like what im hearing right now on youtube... RIP

Hits total: 5105 | This month: 6