Metal Storm logo
Savatage - 'Return To Wacken' Samples Online

To celebrate Savatage's upcoming reunion performance at Wacken Open Air in Wacken, Germany, Savatage and earMUSIC will release the Return To Wacken album on June 19th. The effort will contain studio versions of classic songs that the band played live at Wacken as part of their previous two appearances at the world-famous festival: in 1998 and 2002. You can now hear audio samples of the release in the YouTube clip below.

In addition to Savatage's greatest hits, such as "Hall Of The Mountain King", "Gutter Ballet" and "The Wake Of Magellan", the Return To Wacken booklet will offer insight into the band with personal memories by the group's mastermind, Jon Oliva, rare pictures and press quotes.

Tracklist:
01. Hall Of The Mountain King
02. Gutter Ballet
03. Believe
04. Chance
05. Edge Of Thorns
06. The Wake Of Magellan
07. Dead Winter Dead
08. The Hourglass
09. Tonight He Grins Again
10. Prelude To Madness
11. When The Crowds Are Gone

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Savatage
Posted: 17.05.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 79 users
17.05.2015 - 16:09
sciacallo010
Are you kiddin me?
What's the point of samples of a greatest hits (not even a remastered/remixed one)?!
17.05.2015 - 16:33
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by sciacallo010 on 17.05.2015 at 16:09

Are you kiddin me?
What's the point of samples of a greatest hits (not even a remastered/remixed one)?!

They probably test the market to see if there is still interest in this band. Who knows... but this is a bad way of wanting to know if interest still exists.
17.05.2015 - 19:08
strade
One of the most bafflingly stupid releases I've ever seen. I don't even care that 'bafflingly' isn't technically a word; there simply exists no descriptor more apt.
----
My lo-fi synth project: http://luciddreamer.bandcamp.com
17.05.2015 - 20:02
EnigmaLake
While I don't like the release, I love the band and younger fans might enjoy it as an introduction?...
17.05.2015 - 20:10
Nimlot
A. Reader
Written by strade on 17.05.2015 at 19:08

One of the most bafflingly stupid releases I've ever seen. I don't even care that 'bafflingly' isn't technically a word; there simply exists no descriptor more apt.

What's wrong with 'bafflingly'? It's a perfectly fine word as far as I know.

Hits total: 3210 | This month: 4