11. You Against You
12. Pride In Prejudice

Disc II [deluxe bonus]
01. Live At Wacken 2014
02. Making Of 'Repentless' [documentary]

Featured in "Getting Into: Slayer"

Additional info
The Metal Eagle will include the following exclusive items:
  • Deluxe digipak (folds out into "inverted cross").
  • Bonus blu-ray and DVD including "Slayer live at Wacken 2014" and "Making of Repentless documentary".
  • Bonus live CD "Slayer live at Wacken 2014".
  • Fold-out poster.
  • Album sticker.
  • Numbered certificate.

• Guest review by
    nikarg
    Rating:
    Approximately four years ago, just two months after Jeff Hanneman's passing, on the 1st of July 2013, I went to watch Slayer play at a festival that also included appearances from Kvelertak, Rotting Christ, Napalm Death and Down. The thrash legends were the last band to play and halfway through their set, Phil Anselmo showed up on stage. It was his birthday (as well as mine), so they played "Happy Birthday" for him (and for me, haha). Then, being under the influence of something, Phil gave an incoherent speech full of tears and drama that concluded with the words: "Slayer don't need me, I need fucking Slayer". Now, two questions come to mind: a) do we actually need "fucking Slayer" today? and b) is there life after Jeff?

Read more ››
    published 06.05.2017 | Comments (9)

Found in 32 lists
    Top lists

Comments

Comments: 69   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 1231 users
    22.05.2015 - 17:42
    me<3mertl
    I bet this is going to be worse than Lulu
    26.05.2015 - 06:51
    Rating: 7
    ScreamingSteelUS
    Editor-in-Chief
    admin
    That's the spirit.
    ----
    "Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
    26.05.2015 - 22:16
    RyuIV
    Account deleted
    Wondering if they fuck it up or actually surprise me with a good album tho
    15.06.2015 - 20:16
    me<3mertl
    Written by Guest on 26.05.2015 at 22:16

Wondering if they fuck it up or actually surprise me with a good album tho

Listen to the two singles and convince yourself
    16.06.2015 - 20:48
    RottingDeathHead
    kingnothing_92@yahoo.com
    The album art looks awesome! Way better than World Painted Blood
    19.06.2015 - 12:47
    Angelic Storm
    Melodious
    The title track is the best song I've heard from the new album so far, and is a fitting tribute to Jeff, as Kerry wrote the song for him.
    21.06.2015 - 01:41
    Dedcalm
    Account deleted
    Loving the 2 songs Ive heard. i wish people would give them a break. Jeff was an amazing talent. but he wasn't the only reason the band is awesome. there are 3 other people there too.
    21.06.2015 - 01:51
    Lord_Regnier
    Written by Angelic Storm on 19.06.2015 at 12:47

The title track is the best song I've heard from the new album so far, and is a fitting tribute to Jeff, as Kerry wrote the song for him.

I criticized the lyrics for this song on another thread. But what I criticized is only the frequent use of the word "fuckin" because I think they use it way too often nowadays.
    Rest of the lyrics is fine. I didn't know it was a tribute to Jeff but now that I know it, yes, it fits pretty well. Nice from them to pay him homage. It is well-deserved.
    ----
    "Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
    24.06.2015 - 09:16
    Maco
    Pvt Funderground
    For some reason I'm very optimistic about this album, let's see...
    ----
    Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
    24.06.2015 - 11:08
    Nucky
    I've heard the song Repentless on YT and I must say I was impressed.. Slayer still kick ass..
    24.06.2015 - 11:16
    Rating: 5
    pdepmcp
    IMHO the 3 first singles are crap songs. They could be the fillers of any other Slayer release to date, but considering they are supposed to be the creator of some kind of hype around the upcoming record, they are a complete fail.
    'When The Stillness Comes' is probably the worst of the group, as it's the Hanneman-style song and they now confirmed that such a period is over forever. Implode and Repentless are just 2 King-styled uninspired song.

The problem with the band is that they were built on a balance that is no more. King is good, but when I got predominance in the past, the records were more "average" and somehow boring. Now he's almost alone

I hope I'm wrong this time...
    26.06.2015 - 14:40
    Toxik
    I liked the 3 singles at least they got a album with good production (Christ Illusion and WPB had awfull productions).
    11.07.2015 - 22:54
    Dedcalm
    Account deleted
    Ive listened to all three new songs. i love them and cant wait. i think it will be Awesome.
    16.07.2015 - 01:53
    DARKKUBAN
    I listened repentless pretty good song
    |m|
    03.08.2015 - 21:59
    Fade To Black
    Listened to the three released songs. Nothing good or bad to say about them. This album will not suck, I don't think Slayer has lost touch with their original sound the way Megadeth has. But this sounds somewhat manufactured.

I would like to see a return to the grittier production of their earlier works and a little more "depth" to the sound. I realize the idea of the loudness war ins't as popular as it once was, but I think this album will held back from having everything just being loud. Like I know this is a Slayer album so it seems stupid to complain about, but this sounds compressed where the older stuff sounded gritty.

When you look at who the producer is and what he's put out I backs up my claim
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Fidelman
    07.09.2015 - 12:28
    Rating: 8
    Leaked and fucking awesome! 8.5/10
    07.09.2015 - 20:12
    Rating: 9
    pazuzuovbabel
    Pazuzu
    Okay, first I thought this album gonna sucks big times ... after listening to it entirely, I really think its the most solid album by Slayer since Seasons in The Abyss
    11.09.2015 - 08:45
    Rating: 10
    smarc78
    Great album! in my opinion Slayer got back to basics "seasons in the abyss" and pre. this album is great force and nice step up from original big four
    ----
    myspace.com/eventually3
    11.09.2015 - 12:04
    SØMØN
    I liked the oldschool SLAYER touch in the new album. They seem to return to "Divine Intervention" and before era. Kerry King has done a good job. But without Hanneman some fine tuning in song making is missing unfortunately. But well-done Kerry King! Stay always with a good production and mighty soul...
    11.09.2015 - 12:07
    ManiacBlasphemer
    Black Knight
    Mediocre to the core. Kerry just releases album after album for more than 20 years to just cash in some more money. Some people should just fucking quit instead of releasing garbage after garbage.
    11.09.2015 - 16:27
    Legmeister
    Written by deadone on 08.09.2015 at 02:48

Written by pazuzuovbabel on 07.09.2015 at 20:12

Okay, first I thought this album gonna sucks big times ... after listening to it entirely, I really think its the most solid album by Slayer since Seasons in The Abyss

Of course it is. The next one will also be the best album since Seasons In The Abyss. Given that each album seems to get the same accolades, one suspects that the band has transcended not just Seasons In The Abyss but also Reign In Blood and is probably the best metal album ever released.

Yeah, that's sarcasm for the uninitiated.

One thinks thou is a pompous twat.
    11.09.2015 - 20:04
    Rating: 8
    Warman
    Erotic Stains
    All I have to say is: SLAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEER!!!
    ----
    11.09.2015 - 21:48
    nikarg
    staff
    "You against you" is the best song they've written in years
    12.09.2015 - 10:40
    SØMØN
    Quote:
    Written by deadone on 12.09.2015 at 02:26

Nah. Just sick of the "best album since Seasons In The Abyss" that I've been hearing for the last 3 albums. Yet all these people that think these albums are great seem to instantly forget these albums in a short time.

And it applies to all bands - best Maiden album since Seventh Son, best Megadeth album since Rest In Peace, best blah blah.

For the last three albums my ranking is:

1) Christ illusion
    2) Repentless
    3)World Painted Blut
    13.09.2015 - 14:08
    Sword_Chant
    Preferred it to the new Maiden album.
    14.09.2015 - 09:04
    Rating: 10
    smarc78
    Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 11.09.2015 at 12:07

Mediocre to the core. Kerry just releases album after album for more than 20 years to just cash in some more money. Some people should just fucking quit instead of releasing garbage after garbage.

exactly what parts are mediocre? i have noticed that the bands that have their sound and style are criticized for being not-original. the bands that jump from sound to sound are criticized for being trendy. and bands that are original are usually those we like and are of the developed own sound and style.
    ----
    myspace.com/eventually3
    14.09.2015 - 12:57
    ManiacBlasphemer
    Black Knight
    Written by smarc78 on 14.09.2015 at 09:04

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 11.09.2015 at 12:07

exactly what parts are mediocre? i have noticed that the bands that have their sound and style are criticized for being not-original. the bands that jump from sound to sound are criticized for being trendy. and bands that are original are usually those we like and are of the developed own sound and style.

It does not have the intencity and the creativity that early records had. This is just a rehash from the SITA album but with a different title and cover artwork. It is not about having your own sound, nobody denies that Slayer has its own trademark sound. It's just that since 1990 they did not progress with their own sound, they did not refine it. They just repeat the same formula over and over again, each time sounding more and more stale. If you do not have any motivation to play music and you just release album after album just for money (and Kerry's big ego), then either stay a live band or be done with it. I do not want them to jump from sound to sound, and even if they do, if the quality of the said album is fine, then I would have no qualms with it. But in this case... aren't people getting bored? The reason why Slayer gets away with these poor quality albums is that they never abandoned their original playing style, they just rehash it in a neverending manner like AC/DC, Motorhead or Cannibal Corpse do with their own music. The only difference is that the last two from time to time do release a good album.

All you have here are some predictable thrash riffs a'la Kerry King. Holt's input is undetectable, but it's not like he would've made any difference considering that Exodus quality wise almost rivals Slayer now in dullness (add to that they got Souza back, who is probably the worst thrash singer... and the main reason why this band never made it big). There is no way in Slayer hell that this album holds some magical secrets that only unfold themselves after additional tries. This band has been uninteresting since 1990 and expecting that to change is like waiting for the tooth fairy to come to you dressed as a pimp, offering you 5 free prostitutes for your birthday. Or something like that.
    14.09.2015 - 19:57
    Guib
    Thrash Talker
    Quote:
    Written by deadone on 12.09.2015 at 02:26

Nah. Just sick of the "best album since Seasons In The Abyss" that I've been hearing for the last 3 albums. Yet all these people that think these albums are great seem to instantly forget these albums in a short time.

And it applies to all bands - best Maiden album since Seventh Son, best Megadeth album since Rest In Peace, best blah blah.

Hahah couldn't agree more.
    ----
    - Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
    Guib's List Of Essential Albums
    - Also Thrash Paradise
    Thrash Here
    15.09.2015 - 20:44
    Cynic Metalhead
    Paisa Vich Nasha
    Read a review of new Slayer on Metal Sucks.

Kind of like offloading disappointment by a reviewer how pathetic Slayer has gone by, tardy comparisons to "God Hates Us All" 'cause of release date is same, lyrics are obsolete and nothing mentioned about "Evil".

Haven't check out the disc yet. But I cannot take a single sec of that review seriously on above points. May be they have gone little bit down with creativity and sound but that(review) was just a nonsensical bashing.
    15.09.2015 - 21:34
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    elite
    Listened to it a couple of times again today... it is average music targeted at average people, just like the new Iron Maiden album.
    ----
    Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
    Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 22674 | This month: 46