Metal Storm logo
Meshuggah - Plan To Record New Album In 2016

Meshuggah haven't said much about a new album until now. Koloss, their latest record, was released back in 2012. Since then, the band has released an EP and a DVD and also commemorated the 25th anniversary of the recording of their first EP. According to a recent interview of guitarist Mårten Hagström, the plan is to record the upcoming album next year. The band should focus exclusively on writing new material after August.

Hagström said about when you can expect their new album: "I would say sometime next year, but not early. We were supposed to be writing all summer, but stuff happened, and now we're doing this [playing at European festivals]. So, when we finish that off, we're gonna be writing... The last show for this summer is late August in Gothenburg, so when we finish off there, we're gonna go full writing mode again. And then hopefully we'll write through the end of the year and then start recording early-ish next year."

He added: "Since we're in writing mode now, I don't listen to music, basically, at all. Not because 'I'm not gonna listen to music,' but it's just that... When you've got a lot of stuff to do... You know, I pick up the kid, go home, feed him, put him to bed, and then it's time for me to work, and I sit and play guitar for... whatever... many hours and try to make some new music, it's not like I'm gonna kick back and put on an album, regardless of style. But I listen to a lot of stuff; we all do. We don't listen to the same stuff, but we spread a lot. So we listen to metal, we listen to... anything, basically."

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Meshuggah
Posted: 10.06.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 76 users
10.06.2015 - 16:52
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Album title: Chug Chug Chuggity Chugta Chugdee Chug
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
10.06.2015 - 17:05
@gent_-_orange

I shouldn't have laughed at that as much as I did, album might be cool though, but I am not as enthusiastic as I used to be about Meshuggah, especially after their last LP.
11.06.2015 - 11:21
Timmeh
Dudeman
Koloss grew on me, so I'm relatively optimistic. Most of their albums are all their own flavors (for me), so I'm interested to hear what sound they're gonna go for this time.
14.06.2015 - 20:49
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Looking forward to this! It should be interesting.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
30.06.2015 - 01:12
theFIST

Hoping for a fast album again, their slow stuff bores me, but when they speed it up they do something great
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:

Hits total: 2327 | This month: 4