Metal Storm logo
The Black Dahlia Murder - Announce New Album

Waterford, Michigan-based melodic death metallers The Black Dahlia Murder are stoked to announce the release of Abysmal, the follow-up to 2013's Everblack, is due out September 18th worldwide through Metal Blade Records. The band will unveil pre-orders and the first track from the album on June 24th.

Frontman and vocalist Trevor Strnad comments: "The new album, Abysmal, is true to The Black Dahlia Murder formula, but further down the evolutionary path we began with our Ritual release. It has bigger, more dynamic and developed songs. It sees the band in a darker, faster and more melancholic place than anything we've done to date. It is an album wrought emotion on a scale that we haven't reached with our previous attempts. It's dripping with urgency, and an undeniable sincere life and death purpose. It has moments of triumph and moments of utter abandon and defeat. It runs the gamut. If you can't sense the message of despair in a song like "Receipt" or the title track "Abysmal", than you are an unfeeling statue of a person. You speed freaks can also thank the ungodly contribution of our young skinsman Alan Cassidy, as the new album sees us approaching maniacal speeds unseen before in the TBDM catalog.

I get a lot of inspiration from our continuing success as a band. There is a tremendous pressure to deliver for our fans. I want to wow them every time we come back and for our new material to keep them excited about us. I have had a long, intimate love affair with death metal and I enjoy sharing my continued excitement for it through this outlet. I am still obsessed with the macabre and the darker side of life, and I revel in creating dark lyrical content that makes the listener react in some way. I enjoy straddling the line between fantastic elements and real life horror, as there is constant atrocity all around us in the human experience. You don't have to look far to find something that is happening in the modern world that can fill ones sails with disgust."

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: The Black Dahlia Murder
Posted: 10.06.2015 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 49 users
10.06.2015 - 20:28
J. N.
Account deleted
"In an attempt to feature more underground metal artists on Metal Injection, we have procured the services of one of the biggest fans of underground death and black metal we know, The Black Dahlia Murder frontman Trevor Strnad. Trevor will check in every month exposing you to some of the grimmest, brutal, and all around awesome metal you probably never heard of. This is his inaugural column."

http://www.metalinjection.net/editorials/the-obituarist/trevor-strnad-is-the-obituarist-helping-you-discover-new-underground-music-this-month-new-standard-elite-records
10.06.2015 - 20:43
Mr.Wilson
It's the follow-up to 2013's Everblack, not Ritual...
----
"..Damned in any Language..."
10.06.2015 - 21:00
J. N.
Account deleted
Written by Mr.Wilson on 10.06.2015 at 20:43
It's the follow-up to 2013's Everblack, not Ritual...

Fix'd!

Saw Trevor mention Ritual in his own comment about the album, so it slipped in to the news text.
10.06.2015 - 22:04
iMorphball
That is a sick cover. I've enjoyed all their releases thus far. Can't wait for this one.

Hits total: 1604 | This month: 6