Metal Storm logo
Does Dani Filth write any music?

15.06.2015 - 14:58
Ziom

Okay, an odd thing I noticed.

Dani Filth is the only remaining founding member of CoF.
While browsing Wikipedia I noticed, that in general - all music was written by Allender or Martin.
Which is odd, because you'd suspect, that he'd be the boss and main contributor of this band.

Sooo... almost every album he hires new people to write music for his band? Isn't that unusual or what.
15.06.2015 - 18:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Aren't most Cradle of Filth songs co-written by all members at the time? Although I think that Allender often is the "main" composer.
----
19.06.2015 - 10:08
Rasputin

I wish he would change his vocals, they are annoying as all hell. Dani has focused on the image, lyrics and themes, he lets other people do the remainder. CoF has not been CoF in quite a while or maybe they have always been like this, and we just got used to them and their sound.

As commercial as it was Thornography was an album I could listen to, because his vocals were less annoying, but what they did afterwards just continually became sounding more or less the same. Let's face it, they are the Amon Amarth of Black Metal (if that label still fits them). It is now more about merchandise and less about the music.
22.06.2015 - 13:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does it matters who writes it? well you need to have some mussicans kills to compose IMOI, you cant eb zero on guitars and write
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.06.2015 - 13:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Rasputin on 19.06.2015 at 10:08

I wish he would change his vocals, they are annoying as all hell.

best post from you, you should keep political and nazie Serbian shit out and talk about music

I agree his vocals is annoying, horrible voice
----

apos;'
[image]
01.10.2015 - 18:38
Sang Dalang Abu

Written by Bad English on 22.06.2015 at 13:27

best post from you, you should keep political and nazie Serbian shit out and talk about music

Maybie you shouldh tell him to listen better vocal. Suchz DSBM bands. Or tell him to join Crotchduster concert.
18.11.2015 - 16:37
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 22.06.2015 at 13:27

I agree his vocals is annoying, horrible voice

If youre deep in to pop hes vocals will always be horrible, but as i remeber it CoF has its roots in BM and BM has another ideology behind its music than regular pop. Whining about vocals in genres that doesnt relate to pop just shows a low degree of understanding and makes you look stupid in a place like this.
24.11.2015 - 20:04
ANGEL REAPER

Totally agree ,Dani's vocals are annoying as fuck. I do like music but vocals totally ruin it in most of times.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.11.2015 - 22:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 24.11.2015 at 20:04

Totally agree ,Dani's vocals are annoying as fuck. I do like music but vocals totally ruin it in most of times.

not as King Diamond, IMNO he owns most annoying voice into metal
----

apos;'
[image]
24.11.2015 - 23:35
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Bad English on 24.11.2015 at 22:36

well him too...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
24.11.2015 - 23:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 24.11.2015 at 23:35

Written by Bad English on 24.11.2015 at 22:36

well him too...

COF you cant hear so much because of extreme music
----

apos;'
[image]
25.11.2015 - 01:49
FOOCK Nam

Check out the vocal of the band Finist,..and compare to Dani.
18.02.2016 - 05:34
Rasputin

Written by Guest on 09.02.2016 at 04:55

I thought this topic was about his contributions to the music side not his vocals honestly I really have no idea how much he contributes but I am assuming that being the original founding member he would always have a certain idea of how he wants the music to sound but maybe not being a guitarist keyboardist or drummer he has no input as such...? Anyway he has always focused more on his part lyrics and vocals and I disagree totally Dani Filth is a very unique and innovative vocalist and is also a really nice guy to really enjoyed talking to him when I met him.

Innovative in what exactly? Aside from an album or two, or a song or two, it is the same old screeching shit from him time and time again. If he used his deeper vocals instead of sounding like someone was skinning his balls the overall experience would increase. His lyrics while at times are smart, more often than not feel like he is taking a piss, much like with his side project Devilment which I can only compare to Deathstars last travesty of an album, where you just throw shit to rhyme with no reason.
06.03.2016 - 02:39
vinnie vincent

Dani drinks blood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!