Metal Storm logo
Slayer - Reveal New Album Cover Artwork

Thrashers Slayer just revealed the cover that will grace their new album Repentless. But there is more! The legendary band also announced that the album's title and first official track will be available digitally virtually everywhere around the globe this Friday, June 19th. Check out below the cover artwork created by Brazilian artist Marcelo Vasco in collaboration with the band's bassist/singer Tom Araya and guitarist Kerry King. Get ready for new music from Slayer soon.

"We had a number of submitted ideas for the cover artwork," said Araya. "And we felt Marcelo's was the best. We made some suggestions and the result is an awesome album cover."

"'Repentless' is my Jeff tribute," said Kerry King. "I call it the 'HannemAnthem.' It's my perspective of Jeff's perspective, it's what I think...if Jeff wrote a song for himself, 'Repentless' would be it."

Check out the full lyrics of the song here.

Repentless is due out on September 11th, 2015 via Nuclear Blast. It will also be available as the limited Repentless - Metal Eagle Edition. The limited (only 3000 copies worldwide) and numbered Metal Eagle Edition will be available exclusively via the Nuclear Blast online stores, while supplies last. It is made of aluminum alloy, weighs in at a hefty seven pounds, and will house a deluxe digipak of the new Repentless CD plus exclusive bonus content.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 16.06.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 313 users
16.06.2015 - 21:13
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Nice cover art. At least better than the last one.
16.06.2015 - 21:21
The_Heffmeister

I don´t like the cover art. Will check this album out, for sure. Slayer is always Slayer, even without Jeff.
----
Hugh Hefner über alles!
16.06.2015 - 21:21
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Well at least the cover artwork is good. I so hope the music will be too.
16.06.2015 - 23:40
Lit.
Account deleted
Looks like it was cropped from the Slaughter Of The Soul album cover. Not impressed.
16.06.2015 - 23:49
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Better than almost every other artwork that they revelead after Seasons In The Abyss. Maybe this new album can give me a nice surprise, we'll see.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
16.06.2015 - 23:53
Ocean Sage

Terrible artwork. I think I'm done with Slayer. No Jeff or Dave, terrible singles thus far. Yeah...
17.06.2015 - 01:00
afu

I like the artwork and I think a 7 pound, metal case for the S.E. is hella cool.
17.06.2015 - 03:52
Mattybu

Written by The_Heffmeister on 16.06.2015 at 21:21

Slayer is always Slayer, even without Jeff.

x1,000,000,000
17.06.2015 - 04:06
Lord_Regnier

For some reason the cover art reminds me more of Deicide than Slayer.
And it seems lyrics will be as terrible as they have been on their more recent albums. They still use the word "fuckin" every two sentences.

Anyway, I'm in the camp of those who will always like Slayer albums until "Seasons In The Abyss" and not care for anything after.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
17.06.2015 - 04:11
Lord_Regnier

Written by Maco on 16.06.2015 at 23:49

Better than almost every other artwork that they revelead after Seasons In The Abyss. Maybe this new album can give me a nice surprise, we'll see.

It doesn't raise the bar very high. All of them are awful.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
17.06.2015 - 04:48
Malignar

Definitely an improvement on cover art. The lyrics are fine...I don't really care about lyrics, it's all about the music. And based on the last couple of Slayer tracks released, it will not be good, unfortunately.
17.06.2015 - 12:30
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I am almost sure that the album will be a disappointment... the cover art is great though! (same thoughts about deicide)
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
17.06.2015 - 14:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Terrible cover art (once again).
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.06.2015 - 18:13
RyuIV
Account deleted
Great cover art tho.
17.06.2015 - 19:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
I think it looks awesome.
----
19.06.2015 - 05:58
Opethian

Looks better than anything they have done in ages. I hope they can deliver a solid album. Im not that big into Slayer, but fuck it lol .
25.06.2015 - 21:41
Dr. Strawberry

Written by Opethian on 19.06.2015 at 05:58

Looks better than anything they have done in ages. I hope they can deliver a solid album. Im not that big into Slayer, but fuck it lol .

Solid album ? It depends how you look at it.
Some prefer "solid packaging" then this is an in-thing. I am not very optimistic about the music quality, let's see...
Overly decorated items usually show less confidence in the contents.
28.06.2015 - 05:28
Opethian

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 25.06.2015 at 21:41

Written by Opethian on 19.06.2015 at 05:58

Solid album ? It depends how you look at it.
Some prefer "solid packaging" then this is an in-thing. I am not very optimistic about the music quality, let's see...
Overly decorated items usually show less confidence in the contents.

You just might be correct. Listened to a track off the album and it wasn't promising at all. I will leave this for the fans to talk about and ponder. Kin's guitar work is just stale nowadays

Hits total: 3369 | This month: 2