Metal Storm logo
Def Leppard - Vivian Campbell's Cancer Returns

Unfortunately, guitarist Vivian Campbell of Def Leppard has announced some bad news in the last few days. The guitar player will be in treatment again for cancer after announcing last year that the disease was in remission. He was first diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma back in 2013. Hopefully, he will stay strong and win this fight.

Vivian Campbell posted this message on his official Facebook page: "I'm saddened by the fact that my cancer has returned. However, I'm beyond consolation that it's return will prevent me from being able to do my job for a while. I'm still working on a schedule of treatment with my doctors, but I will see you all very soon. My apologies."

Def Leppard have a string of live dates coming up, including a U.S. trek with Tesla and a U.K. tour with Whitesnake later this year.

[Thanks to RaduP!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Def Leppard
Posted: 21.06.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 68 users
21.06.2015 - 17:56
Kais

Damn illness.
21.06.2015 - 18:15
Diverge

Well, that's a disappointment. Get better, Viv.
21.06.2015 - 21:49
ScottyM

Fuck cancer.
22.06.2015 - 06:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
That's how you know a musician is dedicated, when he apologizes for having cancer hahaha
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.06.2015 - 19:16
Mechaniacal

Hope he pulls through.

Hits total: 1531 | This month: 5