Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Team Up With Country Singer Steve Wariner

On the band's latest album Super Collider, we had fiddles, horns, cellos and bagpipes. And now on the new as yet to be named Megadeth album, we're going to have some country style steel guitar, courtesy of Grammy-winning country singer/guitarist Steve Wariner.

The new album already features new faces in Megadeth with guitarist Kiko Loureiro and drummer Chris Adler lending their talents to the record.

"Worlds collide," Wariner shared to The Tennessean. "It's funny. Imagine Megadeth with steel guitar. That's what I did, and Dave Mustaine is the nicest guy in the world. Isn't that crazy? It's out of my world. You know me, I'm a traditional country guy. But the stuff I played on is awesome."

You can check out bonus content with the new album pre-order like Dave Mustaine working on some riffs here.

Source: tennessean.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 25.06.2015 by deadone

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 155 users
25.06.2015 - 15:14
cossaisVendeurs

Fuck sake, Dave. Just do Rust in Peace 2 already.
25.06.2015 - 16:13
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 25.06.2015 at 15:14

Big lol if you're actually expecting that to happen
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
25.06.2015 - 16:47
cossaisVendeurs

Written by Auntie Sahar on 25.06.2015 at 16:13

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 25.06.2015 at 15:14

Big lol if you're actually expecting that to happen

I'm not...Unless Dave gets back on the drugzzzzzz
25.06.2015 - 16:48
Dr. Strawberry

Why not Bobo ?
(vs Metallica's Lulu)
25.06.2015 - 16:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cant be so bad as Lulu
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.06.2015 - 17:17
Kais

Oh, this is going to be a catastrophe.
25.06.2015 - 17:27
PocketMetal

It's nothing to make or break an album, but since it's Megadeth it will probably break.
25.06.2015 - 18:01
Trismegistos

No more radio-rock bullshit, huh Dave?
25.06.2015 - 18:16
Jiri

"Dave Mustaine is the nicest guy in the world."
25.06.2015 - 19:01
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Megadave is going worse.
25.06.2015 - 20:55
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Jiri on 25.06.2015 at 18:16

"Dave Mustaine is the nicest guy in the world."

Lol... I really don't understand this... Though, I imagine he can probably be pleasant in short bursts to people so maybe this guy just hasn't been around him long enough to see the other side.

As for the collab... TBH I'm looking forward to it. I thought Super Collider's country-esque vibe was awesome(in a so bad it's good sort of way ) and wanted the rest of the album to sound like that and it seems that might be exactly what they're doing for this album.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.06.2015 - 19:29
Amy

This might one up Lulu...
----
\m/
26.06.2015 - 19:55
Demise

@Deadone, I think you're quite mistaken, most people here know a bit of Megadeth's history and therefor don't expect much of this. Also, pretty much all metalheads know bands that use non-metal instruments. There is an entire genre for that and although I don't doubt Megadeth's talent, I do doubt they'll produce great country/country style folk metal. Not saying this is certainly gonna be bad, but I don't have huge expectations either.
26.06.2015 - 20:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Demise on 26.06.2015 at 19:55

I do doubt they'll produce great country/country style folk metal.

Lol, If sniff of that such weird glue comes to my nose - bring a gun and shoot the fuck 'outta me. I don't want to live until the shit thumps on us.

About Country singer uniting with Megadave? I don't know the fuck they doing.
03.07.2015 - 20:09
The Evergreen

Written by Amy on 26.06.2015 at 19:29

This might one up Lulu...

Megadeth, go home. You are drunk.
04.07.2015 - 10:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by deadone on 04.07.2015 at 01:28

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 26.06.2015 at 20:23

Lol, If sniff of that such weird glue comes to my nose - bring a gun and shoot the fuck 'outta me. I don't want to live until the shit thumps on us.

About Country singer uniting with Megadave? I don't know the fuck they doing.

Close minded just a tad? It could well be shit but until we hear it,there's nothing to judge. Could be very much a classic ala White Zombie's More Human Than Human for all we know. O it could be just an intro to a very average song. Or it could be total shit.

There is a sub-branch of math which gives a near-perfect view of forthcoming events especially if you have previous data roll in - that is Probability.

The probability of Megadave's new album to be totally outstanding comes out to be in negative result. You know, if you toss up previous albums of Megadave and the kind of live shows they do in jar of Probability, you'll see the chances are dim.

Not shooting out the final conclusion but I can smell the half-cooked food.

It could be total shocker if they go back to roots from where Megadeth rose to fame. But, chances are less.
06.07.2015 - 05:42
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by deadone on 06.07.2015 at 01:45

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 04.07.2015 at 10:23

There is a sub-branch of math which gives a near-perfect view of forthcoming events especially if you have previous data roll in - that is Probability.

The probability of Megadave's new album to be totally outstanding comes out to be in negative result. You know, if you toss up previous albums of Megadave and the kind of live shows they do in jar of Probability, you'll see the chances are dim.

I didn't think they were capable of producing truly great stuff since 1992 but there they went and released Endgame. Thus anything is possible.

Endgame 2.0 will be huge disappointment for me and for fans as well.

Actually, I didn't like Endgame pretty much as I was expecting as solos in that album were quite offbeat, unnecessary and disjointed with flow of the songs. They were some good songs but I felt the album didn't do the justice to fans(yet I rated 7).

So if anything is possible, make sure Megadave does something possible which is pleasant and at least decent.
14.07.2015 - 02:14
crucifiedjesus

I was holding out hope for this album. I really enjoyed Endgame and he said they were tracking heavier material for this album. The last 2 albums were so bad I am now terrified that Dave thinks country style guitar is "heavier material"

Hits total: 2250 | This month: 3