05. Painting The Blue Eyes
06. In The Fervor's Frontier
07. Fever Pitch
08. Diamonds Of Mankind
09. Riot Race
10. Lubricious Thoughts
11. Goddess Of Fortune [Japanese bonus]
12. Wind-Up Toy [Alice Cooper cover] [Japanese bonus]

After the great debut that Delirium Veil was, Twilightning released their second album with all the power metal fans waiting for that fresh sound that the young band brought to the metal scene. This unique combination of power metal sound mixed with 80's rock music worked well, really well! And Plague-House Puppet Show is more hard-rocking than Delirium Veil!

At first listen you can appreciate this. The art on the cover of the album is better than the previous one - it reminds me of Megadeth's Countdown To Extinction. Pretty dark and less power metal looking than ever.

But let's talk about the songs:

Like the first one, this album also has a killer opener track. The song that gives it's name to the album is a pure explosion of guitar riffs with a really catchy chorus. Very aggressive and full of rock attitude. Then the second one, which was the single and got the top 5 in Finland: Into Treason, which for me is the hymn of the album. A great keyboard opening reminiscent of Europe, weird lyrics and a great solo are the strong points of this song.

Every song has its particular thing: Victim Of Deceit is the fast one with superb solo, Riot Race is the most progressive and elaborated, Diamonds Of Mankind is a bombastic song with hippie lyrics and Fever Pitch, well, this one is devastating! The chorus, the opening guitar... amazing!

To conclude, although you can believe that there are a lot of bands that combine power metal with hard rock elements, the fact is that no band does it the way these guys do. They don't just play their music... they still live in 80's and enjoy playing their songs showing a brazen rock n' roll attitude!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Escapist | 07.02.2007

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 46 users
03.03.2007 - 02:09
Rating: 9
iaberis
Advice Troll
A very good album indeed. I didn't like the bonus tracks as I did with their first album, but the rest of the album is good. A bit different than their first release. They still sound like Edguy though, but that's not a negative thing
----
Bitch! Please

Hits total: 6224 | This month: 13