Metal Storm logo
Blackmore's Night - Releasing New Album, Share Details

Ritchie Blackmore and Candice Night's Blackmore's Night have a new album ready to be released. Titled All Our Yesterdays, this is the folk rock band's tenth studio album and Frontiers Music Srl will release it on September 18th, 2015. All Our Yesterdays will be released on a variety of formats: CD, CD/DVD, 2LP, box set and digital. Find out more about the new songs below and check out the album cover.

Blackmore's Night vocalist and multi-instrumentalist Candice Night says: "There's a theme to All Our Yesterdays's chosen songs that focuses on the attitude of living in the present, and looking toward the future, because we are, indeed, enriched by our past. My main theme and inspiration has always been nature and folklore from around the world."

The title track (and also the first single and video), "All Our Yesterdays" echoes the sounds of Candice's Russian roots, while a new song written by Germany's George Hesse is an old-style, fiddle-driven instrumental with the Welsh title "Allan yn y Fan" (meaning "Out There"). Ritchie's heritage includes family from Wales.

The album also includes instrumentals: the acoustic guitar piece, "Queen's Lament" and the dramatic "The Darker Shade Of Black" that spotlights violin and guitar.

All Our Yesterdays gets further inspiration from Candace and Ritchie's home town, where they take part in community folk nights during which the neighbors share guitars and songs, and sing melodies that have come from a variety of times in their own history. The album includes the Linda Ronstadt hit "Long Long Time" (penned by Gary White); the Mike Oldfield song, "Moonlight Shadow;" and an inspiring Maypole Dance treatment of Sonny & Cher's "I Got You Babe."

Source: frontiers.it
Band profile: Blackmore's Night
Posted: 07.07.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 24 users
08.07.2015 - 05:24
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
With each release these guys seem to be leaning more and more toward a bluesy-classical rock sound, while moving away from the darker, richer, more enchanted sound of their earlier works. Hopefully this album will reverse that direction.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal

Hits total: 1560 | This month: 6