Metal Storm logo
Stryper - New Song Online

As Stryper promised, the band has premiered "Yahweh," a song from their upcoming new studio album, Fallen. This is the first song you get to hear from the anticipated follow-up to No More Hell To Pay and it is a 6-minute epic track. Michael Sweet had a writing partner for this song, Clint Lowery of Sevendust. Does the song live up to your expectations? Share your impressions of the music.

About "Yahweh", vocalist/guitarist Michael Sweet had this to say: "I met Clint Lowery of Sevendust on a plane last year. He said hello and when we got off the plane we took a photo and he mentioned the influence Stryper was on him when he was younger. It was surprising to hear due to the obvious talent that Clint is blessed with. We started following each other on Twitter and Instagram and then we exchanged contact info. I reached out to Clint and asked him if he would like to co-write a track or two for the new Stryper album. Clint agreed and sent me a few riff ideas. I was instantly drawn to the riff that he sent which eventually became 'Yahweh'.

"I took his original idea and somehow created this 6:30 minute song, which is quite epic and honestly may be one of the most powerful songs we've done in a long time. I sent it to Chris Jericho and he texted me writing, 'Yahweh is your best tune, maybe since you reunited'. Clint is a very great and gifted writer so I wanted to have him involved in one way or another. Once the song was mixed I sent it to Clint and he responded with, 'The tune is amazing man. It's got that old school spirit with this modern take. That choir vibe on chorus is beautiful. Vibe change for the solo. Epic my man. Solos are stellar. I don't remember sending anything near this cool;)' We're excited to be able to finally share this song with all of you!"

Fallen will be released on October 16th through Frontiers Music Srl.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Stryper
Posted: 09.07.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 22 users
09.07.2015 - 16:53
Gague

Yahweeehhh Yahwehhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! sounds amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
ʛʌҕʊɜ

Hits total: 1552 | This month: 5