Metal Storm logo
Gnaw Their Tongues - Announce New Album Details

Three years since the release of Eschatological Scatology, with two EPs and a collaboration with Belgian filth mongers Alkerdeel, plus various live appearances, Dutch experimental one-man Gnaw Their Tongues have revealed Abyss Of Longing Throats, due out August 7th through Crucial Blast.

Crucial Blast states: "Though Gnaw Their Tongues has hardly been quiet in the interim, what with recent collaborations with Alkerdeel, the release of the Collected Atrocities collection and recent high-profile performances in the US at Maryland Deathfest XIII and Apex VI, it's been a good three years since the last full-length album from this Dutch nightmare machine. But with new album Abyss Of Longing Throats, Gnaw Their Tongues has returned in full ravenous glory, offering another hellish cacophony of mangled industrial black metal, lurching deformed heaviness, twisted electronic carnage and bombastic orchestral power that sounds like no one else.

From the frenzied black swarms that sweep across the doom-laden death industrial of opener "Lick The Poison From The Cave Walls" that eventually resolves into a glacial haze of bleary, blasted bliss, to the hallucinatory black metal of "Through Flesh" that fuses staccato violins, terrifying choral singing and grueling mechanical doom to one of the most emotionally stirring sequences yet heard in the band's catalog, Abyss continues to chart the evolution of Gnaw Their Tongues' sound. There's plenty of the grueling industrialized heaviness and violent orchestral sounds the band is known for, but this new material also expands upon the filthy blackened doom at the heart of Gnaw Their Tongues' music with those moments of striking melodic power, moments where all the horror surging through these songs suddenly transforms into something hauntingly elegiac. Brief passages of tragic beauty, scattered throughout an abyss roiling with relentless programmed blastbeats, somber chamber strings hovering mournfully amid tortured shrieks, harsh clanking percussion and blasts of raging orchestral chaos, all writhing together into another exhilarating descent into total demonic delirium from this monstrous outfit."

Abyss Of Longing Throats tracklisting:

01. Lick The Poison From The Cave Walls
02. Through Flesh
03. Abyss Of Longing Throats
04. From The Black Mouth Of Spite
05. The Holy Body
06. And They Will Be Cast Out Into Utter Darkness
07. Up Into The Heavens Down Into The Circles Of Hell

Source: crucialblast.net
Band profile: Gnaw Their Tongues
Posted: 15.07.2015 by J. N.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 55 users
15.07.2015 - 22:03
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Sounds good.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
15.07.2015 - 23:33
mz

Sounds like a return into the more subtle and atmospheric approach of GTT, which is sth I had wished. Sweet dreams.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
16.07.2015 - 01:18
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by mz on 15.07.2015 at 23:33

Sounds like a return into the more subtle and atmospheric approach of GTT

If this new track is anything to go by, that actually appears to be the case. Gonna be an interesting shift in sound, methinks.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.07.2015 - 04:23
mz

Written by Auntie Sahar on 16.07.2015 at 01:18

Written by mz on 15.07.2015 at 23:33

Sounds like a return into the more subtle and atmospheric approach of GTT

If this new track is anything to go by, that actually appears to be the case. Gonna be an interesting shift in sound, methinks.

That was really, uh, one of the least inreresting thing I have ever heard from this band
I think I aimed for a diffrent type of atmosphere. Like I have said before,GTT is at its best IMO when there is rare usage of drums, and.everything is wrapped into a mist of sounds. The best example is that album with French name, or AtDMoP.
I wishes he shifted the sound more towards aderlating, and he seems to do the exact opposite and shifts towars CoA.
Sorry for letting you down by not liking it.
----
16.07.2015 - 04:24
mz

And sorry for half drunk post by phone.
----
16.07.2015 - 04:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I liked the track. The background noises mostly. Reminds of Aevangelist
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.07.2015 - 04:47
mz

Maybe aevangelist on their worst, not best :p
----
16.07.2015 - 04:50
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Nope. Aevangelist on their worst didn't have that much eerie background noises xD
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.07.2015 - 11:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
That cover is kinda disgusting, but alluring at the same time. It certainly makes an impact.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.07.2015 - 14:56
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by mz on 16.07.2015 at 04:23

That was really, uh, one of the least inreresting thing I have ever heard from this band
I think I aimed for a diffrent type of atmosphere. Like I have said before,GTT is at its best IMO when there is rare usage of drums, and.everything is wrapped into a mist of sounds. The best example is that album with French name, or AtDMoP.
I wishes he shifted the sound more towards aderlating, and he seems to do the exact opposite and shifts towars CoA.

I definitely thought it didn't really sound like your typical Gnaw Their Tongues either. Personally I'd prefer something more along the lines of An Epiphanic Vomiting Of Blood or All The Dread Magnificence Of Perversity, that really dark and crushing, almost "blackened drone" sound. BUUUUT... this does still definitely sound like something Mories would do, so for that I'm interested. It's also very funny that you say that it sounds more like Cloak Of Altering, because people have been saying that the new Cloak Of Altering track Mories released not too long ago sounds more like Gnaw Their Tongues
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
18.07.2015 - 13:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by mz on 16.07.2015 at 04:23

Goes to show how much can opinions differ even within a fan group. I have more than enough with one Aderlating so I consider it a bit boring when GTT goes way too much in the drone and ambient parts. That's not really what I look for with GTT. This song sees a return to the more cinematographic and bombastic nature of albums like An Epiphanic Vomiting Of Blood as well as Per Flagellum Sanguemque, Tenebras Veneramus. These two being actually my favorite albums under the GTT. I like the french one and ArDMop a lot but they sometimes fuck around abit too much with the ambient and loose parts which dont feel natural too me. So I prefer when it goes all out and explodes.

I disagree about Cloak Of Altering as well. I really dont see any similarities despite the fact that the same dude is working.

Written by Auntie Sahar on 17.07.2015 at 14:56

It's also very funny that you say that it sounds more like Cloak Of Altering, because people have been saying that the new Cloak Of Altering track Mories released not too long ago sounds more like Gnaw Their Tongues

This is actually the first time I hear/read this so I wonder how many people we are talking about. Like I said above. I totally disagree. More drums and a bit more bombastic ain't the same as being similar to COA, specially when the sound of the drums are totally different between the two projects.

Anyways, I enjoyed the track as it seems he's going towards the cinematographic sound I fell in love with back when I listened to GTT for the first time with An Epiphanic Vomiting Of Blood.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 1678 | This month: 8