God Hates Us All
Other
Haunting The Chapel
Christ Illusion

Total votes: 321
04.03.2007 - 10:57
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Hey guys, I made this poll because i'm a pretty big Slayer fan and I just wanted to know what their most appreciated album is. Personally I liked Reign in Blood the most because of its wicked fast speed and drumming, a close runner up would've been Show No Mercy for the same reasons. I know I left out a couple of albums but I'm sure we can all agree that I got their best works over all, and if I missed one that you personnally liked just vote "other". Just say which album you liked best by Slayer and give a little explanation to why you liked it. Also if you feel the need to bash one of the albums do it respectfuly and state why you don't like it in a polite way.
04.03.2007 - 12:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I shall have to vote for South Of Heaven, because of a couple of brilliant songs on there. I love that album, and still listen to it every once in a while. The only downside of it that it sometimes gets a bit 'flat' and bores me, but well, more albums do that every once in a while. So I vote South Of Heaven.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.03.2007 - 14:11
Kaamos
Account deleted
Mine goes to South of Heaven too. Solid album with great feel overall.
05.03.2007 - 00:13
spirit_inblack
harshhead
My vote is going to Reign In Blood. I just love the speed and intensity of the songs, as well as the drumming and the insane solos. All of the songs are really good, but I believe that Reborn is the low point of the album, but it is still a really good song. Second place is either South Of Heaven, Seasons, or Hell Awaits.
05.03.2007 - 01:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
My favorite is Reign in Blood. That whole album is a ferocious kick in the scrotum. Every track is fast and catchy, and the solos on that album are incredible. I also like how every song starts right after the next, without a 2 or 3 second delay that would kill the momentum....kinda how their new album is. Some songs even link together, like Altars of Sacrifice and Jesus Saves.
05.03.2007 - 02:34
Enur
Account deleted
Reign in Blood for SURE, it's at best thrash metal album EVER, it kicks ass from here to i don't know, but FAR away
05.03.2007 - 17:15
theflyingmachine

I may be in the minority, but I liked Haunting the Chapel the best...It was, IMO, minute for minute, the best songs that Slayer has done.
05.03.2007 - 17:55
Cut-Throat

there is not one bad slayer album in my opinion every single cd they have brought out has always been an inspiration to me! although my vote has to go with Reign In Blood. its simple really the agression and speed is unreal and the lyrics are out of this world and it totaly shows up the likes of "bonded In Blood" by Exodus and "Master Of Puppets" By Metallica! and this album is a real big influence on most death metal Bands!
05.03.2007 - 18:19
darksun

My vote is for south of heaven too.They weren't too fast but slayer was as hard as they have never been in that album.I always feel that reign in blood took them to the peak and south of heaven was the proof of their being on the top.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
05.03.2007 - 22:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
"Reign in Blood" is my favorite Slayer album by far. From the opening riff and screams of 'Angel of Death' through the chaos at the end of "Raining Blood" it never really lets up. It's short enough that it hits you fast, never gets boring.

So many lyrics have key phrases that just jump out and are easy to find yourself screaming along to...

"Do you want to die?"

"Leave you ripped and torn..."

Etc.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.03.2007 - 06:03
Dragosani Kain
Account deleted
God Hates Us All. The one album that if I hear one song from it I have to listen to the whole album.
07.03.2007 - 02:54
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 06.03.2007 at 06:03

God Hates Us All. The one album that if I hear one song from it I have to listen to the whole album.

That happens to me too. God Hates Us All may not be my favourite album by Slayer, but when ever i hear Disciple I feel like listening to the rest of that album .
07.03.2007 - 22:53
Black Mass

Reign in Blood for sure. Its brutal and addictive.
10.03.2007 - 18:10
Stuff1056
Account deleted
Seasons In The Abyss gets my vote. It was the first Slayer album I bought and it remains my favorite.
10.03.2007 - 20:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Hands down 'Reign In Blood' call it cliche' but its a great album that cannot be denied.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
10.03.2007 - 20:10
Warman
Erotic Stains
Tough choice? Not at all since Reign in Blood is one of the best albums of all time! Amazing riffs, great lyrics, solos to die for and Tom Araya at his best moment ever!
----
11.03.2007 - 16:31
Stigmatized
South Of Heaven. Every song is excellent. I think it's Slayer's most consistent album, despite the fact they slowed down on it.
11.03.2007 - 21:34
Hellish Star

Reign In Blood for me, the most agressive album ever made. I saw Slayer at this tour and for sure it was one of the best gigs I have ever seen. Awesome album.

Other favourite albums are:
-Hell Awaits
-Show no mercy
-South of heaven
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
11.03.2007 - 21:34
Hellish Star

Reign In Blood for me, the most agressive album ever made. I saw Slayer at this tour and for sure it was one of the best gigs I have ever seen. Awesome album.

Other favourite albums are:
-Hell Awaits
-Show no mercy
-South of heaven
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
13.03.2007 - 02:22
FTW
Account deleted
Reign In Blood would win my vote. Not only the best Slayer record for obvious reasons but IMO the greatest Thrash release in history. Im telling you tho Christ Illusions although not a masterpiece wouldnt be to far behind in my list of best Slayer records.
13.03.2007 - 10:02
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
I vote for "Reing In Blood" a masterpiece of Thrash Metal. It is a cult album.

And when you see "Still Raining", we say to ourselves that it is openly a perennially fashionable album.

20 years after we still speak about it. The brand of the big albums IMO.....
14.03.2007 - 01:06
Kharn
Account deleted
I Believe that They all have their moments.

Example:
Reign in blood - Fast, Ferocious and not a dull moment
Hell awaits - Dark, brooding and very evil sounding(ace!)
South of heaven - A Much more Maturer sound, Excellent song structure(Tempo changes etc.).

The others have thiers too but them 3 are by far the best!
15.03.2007 - 19:59
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Reign In Blood!!! Screw their new stuff. They really have started to lean more towards the satanic side of their music, which I'm really not against. But the way they deliver themselves now is bull-shit. Yes, we know you make satanic songs. But dont be assholes.
16.03.2007 - 02:57
SexBloodandMetal
Account deleted
Dead serious, it was 'Reign in Blood' hands down!
26.07.2007 - 17:10
Infurnace

It's either "South Of Heaven", "Reign In Blood" or "Hell Awaits". I'll have to go with "Reign In Blood", because it's the Slayer album I listen the most to.
30.07.2007 - 16:31
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Reign In Blood, eyes closed.
02.08.2007 - 21:13
Omni
Account deleted
"Reign in Blood" for me also. Their most aggressive album in all fairness...and thats what Slayer is about isn't it?!
10.08.2007 - 06:39
selken
Irreligious
Reign in Blood, I listen to it almost every week for months, I use to growl its lyrics, it feels so great :-)
----
23.09.2007 - 06:03
Metal Freak

Reign in Blood
Greatest.
Metal.
Album.
Ever.

"South of Heaven" is definitely my second pick, but "Reign in Blood" affects me like no other album. It's the only metal album that I can think of that is simply perfect in every way. A lot of metal bands forget that heavy does not necessarily equal intense. I like music that is intense and has presence (there is no such thing as "background music" for me), not so much music that is as heavy as possible. "Reign in Blood" is the ultimate in intensity (and, incidentally, heavy as hell).
----
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
--Steven Weinberg
24.09.2007 - 00:24
slayer_pwns
Account deleted
reign in blood cause its fast agressive and never fuckin stops.
other favs would be hell awaits, south of heaven, and god hates us all