Metal Storm logo
Best Slayer Album

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.03.2007 - 10:57
Hey guys, I made this poll because i'm a pretty big Slayer fan and I just wanted to know what their most appreciated album is. Personally I liked Reign in Blood the most because of its wicked fast speed and drumming, a close runner up would've been Show No Mercy for the same reasons. I know I left out a couple of albums but I'm sure we can all agree that I got their best works over all, and if I missed one that you personnally liked just vote "other". Just say which album you liked best by Slayer and give a little explanation to why you liked it. Also if you feel the need to bash one of the albums do it respectfuly and state why you don't like it in a polite way.

Poll

What's your favourite Slayer album?

Reign In Blood
Seasons In The Abyss
South Of Heaven
Hell Awaits
Show No Mercy
God Hates Us All
Other
Haunting The Chapel
Christ Illusion

Total votes: 321
02.09.2008 - 18:19
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Hell Awaits hands down... That album is actually evil. It sounds evil at least for me and it has some progressives touches in it that are brilliant.

Good stuff. Their pre-RiB is awesome.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.09.2008 - 20:42
-Soulreaper-
Went with South of Heaven. The album is just solid from beginning to end. But Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits, and Reign in Blood are extremely good albums too.
06.09.2008 - 22:34
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
Reign In Blood had to be my favorite album from slayer
07.09.2008 - 09:18
Timelord
Reign in Blood hands down!! I bought it the week it came out and it hasn't left my rotation since.
20.09.2008 - 04:17
Demonmayonnaise
In my opion all their first five are pretty good.
Show No Mercy: Was a pretty cool thrashy punkish metal album.
Hell Awaits: Brings out a progressive side of Slayer, never to be seen again.
Reign in Blood: This album is total fucking carnage, trapped on a disc.
South of Heaven: Great mid-tempo stuff, Dave can even rip the kit at slower speeds.
Seasons in the Abyss: Combines the previous two, so you get some mid-tempo stuff, mixed with more carnage.
27.09.2008 - 14:56
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Why do you give Chrish Illusion so bad votes. Its the second best.:)
01.10.2008 - 23:19
Branzig
SHOW NO MERCY!!! What's not to like? It has the aggression of a hardcore album, the awesome satanic verses of an early venom release, and the pure animosity of thrash. It's a win, win, WIN!
----
In Grind We Crust
01.10.2008 - 23:36
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Guest on 27.09.2008 at 14:56

Why do you give Chrish Illusion so bad votes. Its the second best.:)

Have you actually listened to more than 2 albums by them??
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
02.10.2008 - 03:39
Demonmayonnaise
I actually really enjoy Christ Illusion. I dont think that it is their second best by any means. Their top 5 albums will always be the first five for me. In no particular order.
02.10.2008 - 19:25
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 02.10.2008 at 03:39

I actually really enjoy Christ Illusion. I dont think that it is their second best by any means. Their top 5 albums will always be the first five for me. In no particular order.

That's what I meant...Christ Illusion is miles from the great 5.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.10.2008 - 04:24
Guib
Thrash Talker
Ok this poll was too obvious lol.. RIB always win.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
09.10.2008 - 19:45
In my concern Reign In Blood and Seasons In The Abyss are better, but I dont' have any preference!!

Slayer is one of the best bands of the World!!
17.10.2008 - 17:04
Yossarian
Well if you attend to significance, they will be their debut showing no mercy to current metal scene and helping to create the ambiance for Death and most savage Thrash. Reign in blood was the consecration of their style, their climax and it is amazing in every sense, but.....fuck I like more Seasons in the Abyss: the slow and middle tempo songs there are simply beautiful and the lyrics are also impressive.
29.10.2008 - 04:43
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Guest on 05.09.2008 at 11:39

Ok, my opinion: I always found Slayer to be totally consistent and at no point in their career do they fail to bring on the thrash . For this reason I tend to just go on Slayer binges with no particular preference for any album. I will say that the "Payback" kicks excruciating quantities of ass, though.

Thats a good opinion. Slayer has been extremely consistent their entire career and have never made a terrible album. I don't care what people say but God Hates us All is a killer album. Seasons in the Abyss is my favorite though. fallowed by South of Heaven
----
Coldgrits
03.11.2008 - 21:07
Demonmayonnaise
I gave DIM a listen not too long ago, and its actually pretty good. Still not in the same league as the first 5.
26.11.2008 - 06:57
laid2rest
Account deleted
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 03.11.2008 at 21:07

I gave DIM a listen not too long ago, and its actually pretty good. Still not in the same league as the first 5.

It's not even on the list lol.

I voted Reign In Blood because overall it's there most solid album IMO but all there releases are good in one way or another. Even though the pre-seasons releases weren't that great, at least the songs had more than one riff-per song. And atleast they didn't ReRelease an album (yes, that's pointed at Metallica)
26.11.2008 - 22:38
Luciferion
This was a definite gimme. Reign in Blood is the best among great albums. Slayer has been solid and all their releases have been worth listening to.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
27.11.2008 - 00:13
Stuart
MiseryKing
Written by -DC-002- on 29.10.2008 at 04:43

Written by Guest on 05.09.2008 at 11:39

Ok, my opinion: I always found Slayer to be totally consistent and at no point in their career do they fail to bring on the thrash . For this reason I tend to just go on Slayer binges with no particular preference for any album. I will say that the "Payback" kicks excruciating quantities of ass, though.

Thats a good opinion. Slayer has been extremely consistent their entire career and have never made a terrible album. I don't care what people say but God Hates us All is a killer album. Seasons in the Abyss is my favorite though. fallowed by South of Heaven

christ illusion was a terrible album, it was every slayer claim not to be, it was slayer by numbers, nothing more.
27.11.2008 - 02:06
SOUTH OF HEAVEN INTRODUCED TO THIS FUCKEN KILLER BAND(FUCKIN SLAYER)-LATER RED!:banger::banger::banger::banger::banger::banger::banger::banger::banger:
----
PROPHETOFDOOM13
28.12.2008 - 11:23
Chriss26
Reign In Blood gets my vote !
But Christ illusion is one of the bests also !
29.12.2008 - 03:18
Thrashard
Reign in blood! But Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits are close seconds.Also, Seasons in the Abyss. SLAYER!! m/
27.03.2009 - 14:46
Andresopeth
I don't know why, but Season In The Abyss seems to me their best album. Then Reign In Blood
29.03.2009 - 17:23
ms68
Why people love reign in blood this much? i think show no mercy is really better.
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
02.04.2009 - 02:05
BuzzPhil
I vote for Other, my favorite is Divine Intervention, but not by so far. South of Heaven almost got my vote... And Show No Mercy was not too far in back.
06.04.2009 - 02:17
TormentoR.
Well.. i think every slayers album is awesome .. but if i had to chose one , it would be RiB
1 : Reign in Blood

i cant decide whos on 2, 3, 4 .....so ill just put them all
2 : Show no mercy, Season, South, Hell, Chapel, CI, GHUA...

and man.. what the hell.. the guy that voted for CI as best Slayer album o.O .. dude go listen to every album and then come back and talk about Slayers best album
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
03.06.2009 - 23:03
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
One of the easieast polls to answer.. reign...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
03.08.2009 - 05:37
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
I love Reign in Blood. Definitely my favorite. But Seasons of the Abyss is my favorite song named after an album.
11.08.2009 - 16:29
Razorback
Even if most of metalheads consider reign in blood as best album,i found god hate us all as my favorite.
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
28.08.2009 - 16:34
Panterica
Seasons in the Abyss for me. Has also crazy tempo that Slayer are known for and also mid-tempo. Much more varied than RIB, you can actualy recognize when one song has been end and another one has started. Great catchy riffs with insane solos, dark and brutal lyrics and creative drumming. Slayer at their best .
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
28.08.2009 - 17:14
False Prophecy
Account deleted
I have to go with reign in blood its a masterpiece .... i also like alot of of slayers albums but this album stands alone