Metal Storm logo
Best Slayer Album

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.03.2007 - 10:57
Hey guys, I made this poll because i'm a pretty big Slayer fan and I just wanted to know what their most appreciated album is. Personally I liked Reign in Blood the most because of its wicked fast speed and drumming, a close runner up would've been Show No Mercy for the same reasons. I know I left out a couple of albums but I'm sure we can all agree that I got their best works over all, and if I missed one that you personnally liked just vote "other". Just say which album you liked best by Slayer and give a little explanation to why you liked it. Also if you feel the need to bash one of the albums do it respectfuly and state why you don't like it in a polite way.

Poll

What's your favourite Slayer album?

Reign In Blood
Seasons In The Abyss
South Of Heaven
Hell Awaits
Show No Mercy
God Hates Us All
Other
Haunting The Chapel
Christ Illusion

Total votes: 321
29.08.2009 - 05:14
Hanyuchan
Seasons in the Abyss was a phenomenal album that really showed the band's lyrical prowess. Especially Dead Skin Mask, the serial killer theme in that song really brought out a sense of paranoia in me for the first week after hearing it, of course I was 10-years-old at the time.
17.11.2009 - 14:19
JD
Account deleted
My favorite album got to be, Seasons In The Abyss.
17.11.2009 - 23:21
Warlock84
Show No Mercy is one of my personal favorites. Seasons In The Abyss is phenominal too.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
18.11.2009 - 00:00
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hard to pick between their first 5 albums, ("Haunting The Chapel" is an EP, so it shouldn't be included in this poll....) but my choice is "South Of Heaven". Which also happens to be the first Slayer album I ever heard. It exudes a chilling atmosphere which is unique to only this Slayer album. I dunno if it's the production, or what. But the sound gives me the chills!
05.12.2009 - 15:25
1: Reign In Blood
2:Seasons In The Abyss
3:South Of Heaven
4:God Hates Us All
5:Show No Mercy
HAILS TO SLAYER!!!!!!!!!
----
If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
08.12.2009 - 01:34
SatyriconChick
Show No Mercy has always been my favorite. Yeah, I'm old school.
08.12.2009 - 22:31
Brave
Absolutely "Reign in Blood" this album is means real SLAYER !
09.12.2009 - 01:38
Tormentor666
I would say "Reign in Blood", of course. But then I also point "South of Heaven" and "Seasons in the Abyss" as my favourite Slayer albums, though the masterpiece is "Reign in Blood", yeh.
----
WARFARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
09.12.2009 - 05:20
Nekrocvlt
Seasons in the Abyss was probably their most thrash-oriented album, so that gets my vote.
----
Stop the violence or I'll kill you.
09.12.2009 - 19:56
"Reign In Blood" and "Seasons In The Abyss" are my top favorites and I voted for "Reign In Blood"
20.12.2009 - 21:18
IllNiñoSweden
Written by Sludge Cowboy on 05.12.2009 at 15:25

1: Reign In Blood
2:Seasons In The Abyss
3:South Of Heaven
4:God Hates Us All
5:Show No Mercy
HAILS TO SLAYER!!!!!!!!!

Hellyeah I agree so much with you.
22.12.2009 - 05:01
I_Die_Often
Reign In Blood! Alter Of Sacrifice is my fav on that one!
But I seem to play God Hate Us All the most
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
25.12.2009 - 01:18
Kratos
Reign in Blood is totally overrated its just filler songs with the exception of Angel of Death and Raining Blood. Seasons in the Abyss had more songs that stood out imo.
30.12.2009 - 09:08
1. Show No Mercy 2. Hell awaits 3. (the rest)
30.12.2009 - 23:17
gibsonrcock53
I have to pick Reign In Blood. It had the bands best songs. It showed the talent of each member, especially Dave and Jeff.
2. Show No Mercy 3. South Of Heaven 4. Tie for everything else.
----
Live Free, Rock Hard
04.04.2010 - 09:33
Anyone who didn't vote Show no mercy is idiotic Slayer is a average band and reign in blood is a horrible album due to repetitiveness and morons claiming it to the best metal album of all time. Show no mercy was a great album if only they keep the same brutality without melodic thrash crap that is on south of heaven and seasons in the abyss
02.07.2010 - 06:36
MetalFist
Account deleted
Im gonna go with Reign In Blood, as (in my opinion) the best of them all. My other choices are: 2. Season's In The Abyss 3. Hell Awaits
02.07.2010 - 19:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by JohnWayneGacy666 on 04.04.2010 at 09:33

Anyone who didn't vote Show no mercy is idiotic Slayer is a average band and reign in blood is a horrible album due to repetitiveness and morons claiming it to the best metal album of all time. Show no mercy was a great album if only they keep the same brutality without melodic thrash crap that is on south of heaven and seasons in the abyss

What? Show No Mercy is the most melodic/least brutal album Slayer ever did. "Tormentor" is an old school, pure heavy metal tune, not thrash at all. Same with "Crionics". lol
02.07.2010 - 19:16
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Seasons for me, for the wickedly twisted melodic parts (Dead Skin Mask)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
05.04.2011 - 01:44
blacktooth85
I voted Hell Awaits. Probably the most evil Slayer album. How does GHUA have more votes than Hell Awaits? South of Heaven is one of my favorites too along with Show no Mercy. I know Reign in Blood is the most popular, but i prefer those albums better. It's still a killer album though. Seasons never did it for me. It gets boring. The title track is epic though.
05.04.2011 - 07:46
Nefarious
Doom Knight
staff
I have to go with the first Slayer album i ever heard, Reign in Blood, closely followed by Seasons In The Abyss.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
05.04.2011 - 08:24
Dr. Void
Account deleted
Hell awaits. It's basically a more thought out Reign in Blood; the same riff style but better riffs, better songs, just better everything. RiB and SoH would tie for second, Seasons and WPB for third, and I don't give a flying fuck about the rest.
13.04.2011 - 19:27
VloRD
Show no mercy, crazy stuff.
----
22.04.2011 - 06:19
IDieForMetal
I voted Seasons in the Abyss.
22.04.2011 - 15:39
RavenKing
Hell Awaits

Closely followed by Show No Mercy, then Reign In Blood. When it comes to Slayer, it has to be decided between the old albums, as far as I'm concerned, since I don't listen to anything post-RIB nowadays. I like Slayer with a rawer sound.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
22.04.2011 - 16:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by RavenKing on 22.04.2011 at 15:39

Hell Awaits

Closely followed by Show No Mercy, then Reign In Blood. When it comes to Slayer, it has to be decided between the old albums, as far as I'm concerned, since I don't listen to anything post-RIB nowadays. I like Slayer with a rawer sound.

Couldn't agree more, but I might switch up HA for SNM. To me they're both so good I'd give them 1a and 1b instead of 1 and 2.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.06.2011 - 17:54
frosty666
I voted for hell awaits but second and third place would be seasons and show no mercy
30.06.2011 - 19:33
king_matt
Written by Warlock84 on 17.11.2009 at 23:21

Show No Mercy is one of my personal favorites. Seasons In The Abyss is phenominal too.

Same here.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
30.06.2011 - 20:01
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
South of Heaven is great. I love it. And it was my choice, although "Reign In Blood" is also on the same level.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
06.07.2011 - 03:20
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Seasons in the Abyss. I believe it to be the perfect blend of the fast and brutalness of Reign in Blood with the slow suspense of South of Heaven.
I'm also growing quite fond of World Painted Blood, but I'm not gonna vote for it since liking new Slayer material is uncool on MS.