Metal Storm logo
AC/DC - Drummer Phil Rudd Arrested Again (Update)

UPDATE: Now we know why drummer Phil Rudd was arrested again. He has been remanded on bail after being caught allegedly consuming and possessing alcohol while on home detention. The 61-year-old drummer appeared in Tauranga District Court over a breach in conditions of an eight-month home detention sentence handed down to him this month. Rudd is expected to return to court on August 3rd to answer the latest charge.

Appearing before Judge Louis Bidois, Rudd was also ordered to undergo drug and alcohol testing by police as an additional condition of his bail. Rudd was seen to scowl and mutter swear words at the Crown prosecutor when she confirmed the new order.

His lawyer, Craig Tuck, did not oppose the new condition. Rudd was arrested at his Tauranga home on Saturday night and spent Sunday in custody. It is understood prostitutes were present at his home at the time of his arrest.

Original news, published on 20.07.2015: This might seem like a joke but it isn't. Shortly after getting sentenced to 8 months of house arrest, AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has been arrested again and is behind bars. Details on the his latest alleged misdemeanour and the charges he is facing remain sketchy, but it is understood police arrested the 61-year-old at his home in Tauranga on Saturday night. This shouldn't help his attempts to appeal his eight month sentence.

Rudd's lawyer Craig Tuck was saying little when contacted. "All I can say is he has been arrested and will be appearing on Monday at 10am in the Tauranga District Court. That's all I can say for now and that's all I am telling everyone who is calling," Tuck said.

Bay of Plenty Police district communications manager Kim Perks said: "[Phil Rudd's] lawyer has previously indicated to police that media attention is not helpful. We are not making any comment until after tomorrow morning's court appearance."

Rudd was sentenced in the Tauranga District Court on July 9th by Judge Thomas Ingram, who warned him he would go to prison if he breached the terms of his sentence.

AC/DC is currently using drummer Chris Slade for their Rock Or Bust album tour, but has not said whether that is a long-term arrangement.

Source: stuff.co.nz
Band profile: AC/DC
Posted: 21.07.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 187 users
20.07.2015 - 00:26
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Hahahahahahaahahahahaha
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
20.07.2015 - 01:02
Ilham
Giant robot
George Bluth Sr. has got nothing on Phil Rudd.
20.07.2015 - 01:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
=]
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
20.07.2015 - 02:15
Lord_Regnier

My guess is it is related to drugs. The judge explicitely mentioned that he wasn't allowed to take any drug.

"I stone cold guarantee that's where you'll end up. I'm not your headmaster, I'm not your father, I'm a judge," Judge Ingram said. Looks like he wasn't joking.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
20.07.2015 - 13:00
YourRequiem

I guess it's time to replace Rudd with a drum machine.. that way the machine won't get arrested lol
21.07.2015 - 12:23
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Some guys just never learn...
21.07.2015 - 16:03
garmling
Account deleted
Stopping a man from having some fun? Damn you authorities!
21.07.2015 - 20:20
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Ilham on 20.07.2015 at 01:02

George Bluth Sr. has got nothing on Phil Rudd.

if he had a twin, might make it easier for phil to sneak some barley sodas.

(was going to link ImOscar.com, but it is now just a domain for sale)
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.07.2015 - 01:04
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by BitterCOld on 21.07.2015 at 20:20

if he had a twin, might make it easier for phil to sneak some barley sodas.

(was going to link ImOscar.com, but it is now just a domain for sale)

Haha!
Now with the update about the prostitutes, it's really starting to sound like a story out of AD.
22.07.2015 - 02:29
Timmeh
Dudeman
What a bloody bastard.

Hits total: 2485 | This month: 4