Metal Storm logo
Lamb Of God - Stream Song Featuring Chino Moreno

Recently, Richmond-based metallers Lamb Of God have shared another track from their anticipated seventh full-length album, VII: Sturm Und Drang. The album is being released on July 24th, 2015 via Nuclear Blast Entertainment and until then, you can hear "Embers" featuring Deftones singer Chino Moreno. Check out "Embers" here below and you will have listened to five out of ten songs from the new record.

In a brand new interview with Germany's Rock Hard magazine, Lamb Of God frontman Randy Blythe commented on the song: "Initially there were two demo versions of the song. One in that typical thrashy LOG style and the one that ended up on the album. Mark sent me both ideas and when I was checking them on my headphones I was sitting at the beach about to go surfing. The second version with its epic ending just blew me away. There was only one problem: I didn't know how to sing in this Part. Instead Chino came to my mind because the atmosphere of that part constantly reminded me of Deftones and Palms. A few weeks later when we met up in Richmond to work on the album, Mark and our producer, Josh Wilbur sat together and looked at me saying: 'What do you think, should we have sing Chino on this part?' Those guys are mind readers! I showed Chino the song and when Deftones worked on their album in L.A. he immediately came up with a fitting melody!"

Tracklist:
01. Still Echoes
02. Erase This
04. Embers [feat. Chino Moreno]
05. Footprints
06. Overlord
07. Anthropoid
08. Engage The Fear Machine
09. Delusion Pandemic
10. Torches [feat. Greg Puciato]

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Lamb Of God
Posted: 20.07.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 88 users
20.07.2015 - 18:35
Kass
Account deleted
Good stuff.
21.07.2015 - 06:30
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Interesting for LoG, especially with the melodic singing of Chino as an addition. Just shows how Randy can't sing clean, which is a bit of a failing and limits the LoG sound, although they are good at what they do and so is Randy. Good on them for getting Chino on as a guest vocalist to get the sound they were after here.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
21.07.2015 - 14:46
Big-Al

Meh.
----

I drink moosepiss
21.07.2015 - 23:00
musclassia

I have to say, the songs they've released from the album so far have done exactly what they should, namely get me interested in the album, which I really hadn't given much thought to before I started checking these songs. I imagine VII will at the very least trump Resolution, and hopefully contend with most of their 00s stuff
21.07.2015 - 23:30
Rapid Fire

Good song, and although I don't like Chino Moreno's voice in general I think is very fitting here.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
26.07.2015 - 03:10
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by deadone on 21.07.2015 at 08:13

Not really a failing IMO especially as most modern metal clean vocalists are fucking awful. The metal world needs less of the generic extreme verse/clean chorus crap and even less of the awful pop vocalist wannabes ala the singers Soilwork, KSE, Scar Symmetry and like 99% of melodic metal core and most of power metal.

Oh and just coz the pop princess vocalist wants to sing clean doesn't mean the rest of the band needs to tone down and play a derivative backing track so the pitchshifted crappy pop vocals shine through.

Basically I think the lack of clean "soft" singing ability limits LoG's forays into this vile world of pop metal shit.

Fair enough point. I hadn't thought of it like that, but I guess one of the reasons I dig LoG is their more aggressive sound, rather than resorting to pop-sounding stuff. That's what killed the latest Darkest Hour album for me. But I do like some if it, I concede, like KSE and Shadows Fall. Curious as to what you think of the clean vocals by Larsen in Enslaved?

And after listening to the track "Overlord", I realise Randy does some really cool clean vocals when he wants to. And hats off that he didn't attempt the really melodic stuff on this song and outsourced it to someone like Chino.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
07.08.2015 - 19:49
Panterica

Written by musclassia on 21.07.2015 at 23:00

I have to say, the songs they've released from the album so far have done exactly what they should, namely get me interested in the album, which I really hadn't given much thought to before I started checking these songs.

Couldn't agree more.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/

Hits total: 2575 | This month: 3