Metal Storm logo
Uriah Heep

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.03.2007 - 17:59
Uriah Heep is one of my favourite bands ever. They are one of the most influential rock bands ever - being an influence on prog-metal, heavy and even power metal. Their most proficient period was the David Byron (one of the greatest vocalists in rock history) era - 1969-1976 with UH (RIP). During this period they released their best work, original, innovative and complex. Midseventies was a difficult period for them as their bassist Gary Thain died and D. Byron left the band as he had become very difficult to work with. Nevertheless, they released three more studio albums in the seventies, featuring John Lawton on vocals; unfortunately, the band started to lose their progressiveness and their music became less complex, turning to a hard rock act. Another drawback for UH was the departure of main composer Ken Hensley, and guitarist Mick Box remained the only veteran in the band. That's why UH music lost identity, drifting from their once great 70s sound, creating melodic hard rock throughout the 80s. Fortunately, since vocalist Bernie Shaw and keyboardist Phil Lanzon joined the band in 1987 (if I remember right), the band has had a solid line-up and released 4 more great albums and regained the respect an love of their fans.

That would be a brief history of the band, if i forgot anything, please tell me.

So I'd like to know your opinion and thoughts on this great band.
28.07.2009 - 14:49
Skøllgrim
Northern
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.07.2009 at 04:31

Written by Skøllgrim on 24.07.2009 at 14:02

Great band, 'tis a shame they don't have David Byron Or Ken Hensley though....
I wonder why their genre doesn't mention anything of prog on MS. Anyone with me that they should be something like Progressive hard rock?

Why would we cll them prog? Then we might as well call Deep Purple prog.

Alright, I give up... I think they sound more prog than Deep Purple and some might even call the first records of Deep Purple prog as well. No problem, everything's cool, nice to have a staff answer anyway, thanks
06.08.2009 - 14:19
msensei_79
Account deleted
Great band, Demons & Wizards is easier, one of my all time favorite albuns.
15.10.2012 - 11:44
W-Lash
Metal Master
I remember that once I saw information about a book about Uriah Heep. It was titled "Easy Livin'" if I'm not wrong. Now I wanted to purchase it but somehow I hardly find any information. Seems like there is no such book at all.
Maybe my memory fails and it was titled in a different way or so. Any comments on all this?
03.03.2020 - 19:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Legendary progressive rock band URIAH HEEP will celebrate its 50th anniversary with a fall tour of the U.K.

Tour dates:

Nov. 01 - Glasgow, UK @ Royal Concert Hall
Nov. 02 - Gateshead, UK @ Sage
Nov. 03 - Manchester, UK @ Bridgewater Hall
Nov. 04 - London, UK @ The Palladium
Nov. 06 - Birmingham, UK @ Symphony Hall
Nov. 07 - Cardiff, UK @ St. David's Hall

----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.12.2020 - 13:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
URIAH HEEP Bass Player TREVOR BOLDER's Legacy Enhanced By Posthumous Solo Album 'Sail The Rivers'

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/uriah-heep-bass-player-trevor-bolders-legacy-enhanced-by-posthumous-solo-album-sail-the-rivers/
----

apos;'
[image]
23.12.2020 - 18:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Long Forgotten Pre-URIAH HEEP Album 'Orgasm' From HEAD MACHINE Re-Released For First Time Since 1970s

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/long-forgotten-pre-uriah-heep-album-orgasm-from-head-machine-re-released-for-first-time-since-1970s/

----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2021 - 13:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
The music video for the single "Lost (My Guardian)" by the late Ken Hensley can be seen below.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/watch-music-video-for-lost-my-guardian-from-former-uriah-heep-keyboardist-ken-hensleys-final-album/

To me well if it was 10 - 15 years eafrlier I would like it, now I paid tribute to him, good video, slow song, could rock more, just saying.
----

apos;'
[image]